Windows 10: Restoring search bar in task bar.

Discus and support Restoring search bar in task bar. in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; This option does not present itself: Right click the taskbar>Cortana>Show search box I can however, click the windows icon button and start typing to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by ShineVekas, Aug 24, 2018.

1. Restoring search bar in task bar.

This option does not present itself: Right click the taskbar>Cortana>Show search box

I can however, click the windows icon button and start typing to bring the search box up. However, I would like for it to come up on the task bar because that's what it does at work, and I forget how to pull it up at home. How can I restore it on my search bar when right clicking does not present a Cortana option?

Thank you for your feedback.

:)

ShineVekas, Aug 24, 2018

2. Restoring search bar in task bar.

This option does not present itself: Right click the taskbar>Cortana>Show search box

I can however, click the windows icon button and start typing to bring the search box up. However, I would like for it to come up on the task bar because that's what it does at work, and I forget how to pull it up at home. How can I restore it on my search
    bar when right clicking does not present a Cortana option?

Thank you for your feedback.

ShineVekas, Aug 28, 2018
  3. CliffSore Win User
    search box missing in task bar

I have cortana (whatever that is) in my list of apps but how do I get it to the task bar to make this work?

1. Right on the task bar and select
    Cortana.

2. Click on Show search bar.

Check if this helps.

If you are on tablet mode, the search bar will not appear.

CliffSore, Aug 28, 2018
  4. Restoring search bar in task bar.

search box missing in task bar

the last step helped me where I changed the (small icon) setting in properties to (lock task) bar, when I applied setting changed the search bar appeared.

Jerryhernandez0516, Aug 28, 2018
Thema:

Restoring search bar in task bar.

1. Restoring search bar in task bar. - Similar Threads - Restoring search bar

2. Search bar in task bar

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Search bar in task bar: Can someone PLEASE tell me where I can find the option to deactivate suggestions and activate recent open things, I know it's somewhere because I activated it in the past, but after a recent format I can't find it anymore and I am going nuts! : :...
  3. Search bar in task bar

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Search bar in task bar: Can someone PLEASE tell me where I can find the option to deactivate suggestions and activate recent open things, I know it's somewhere because I activated it in the past, but after a recent format I can't find it anymore and I am going nuts! : :...
  4. Restore point, desktop, Task bar & search

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Restore point, desktop, Task bar & search: Hi,I have been trying to create a restore point, or even apply a system restore point, however when I type 'services.msc' in the search bar, I only see a document in the windows directory not an app, or command line.The search bar has been next to useless for weeks now.I...
  5. Restore point, desktop, Task bar & search

Restore point, desktop, Task bar & search: Hi,I have been trying to create a restore point, or even apply a system restore point, however when I type 'services.msc' in the search bar, I only see a document in the windows directory not an app, or command line.The search bar has been next to useless for weeks now.I...
  6. Restore point, desktop, Task bar & search

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. Task bar and search bar too big

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Task bar and search bar too big: I updaed my windows 7 to windows 10 , to turn on "show searcg bar" I had to uncheck "use small icons" now i feel its too big. I want my search bar plus small icons. Please help...
  8. Task bar and search bar too big

Task bar and search bar too big: I updaed my windows 7 to windows 10 , to turn on "show searcg bar" I had to uncheck "use small icons" now i feel its too big. I want my search bar plus small icons. Please help...
  9. Search Bar in explorer and task bar not working

in Cortana
    Search Bar in explorer and task bar not working: Hi, The Search Bar in explorer and task bar not working, I've tried every possible solution I could find online and nothing works, any suggestions? Even after the latest update on 15/07/20 the issue was still not resolved, I have been having this issue on and off after...
  10. Make Task Bar Search Bar Transparent

in Windows 10 Customization
    Make Task Bar Search Bar Transparent: Hi, After upgrading to Windows 10 1903, I noticed you guys split up the Cortana buttons and the Search bar ("Type here to search"). Because I am on dark windows theme and a light app theme, the search bar is a complete eye sore. It literally is a giant white box amidst a...