Windows 10: Restoring SMB defaults after changing in powershell

Discus and support Restoring SMB defaults after changing in powershell in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi, I was trouble shooting some network issues and tried typing the following in to powershell (see below) How to I reverse or restore these... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Lampytekk, Jan 26, 2019.

1. Lampytekk Win User

Restoring SMB defaults after changing in powershell

Hi, I was trouble shooting some network issues and tried typing the following in to powershell (see below)

How to I reverse or restore these settings to default?

PC is a Lenovo Thinkpad 460s on Windows 10

Thanks!

1/ run cmd as admin
    2/ sc.exe config lanmanworkstation depend= bowser/mrxsmb10/nsi
    3/ sc.exe config mrxsmb20 start= disable

:)

Lampytekk, Jan 26, 2019
  2. Kursah Win User

PowerShell instead of Commandline in Creators Update

Interestingly enough my personal laptop just got the update...and still has Command Prompt listed, not PowerShell...

Edit: Not that it matters...I use both regularly. *Toast :toast:

Kursah, Jan 26, 2019
  3. Change How Folders Open By Default (My laptop keeps using CMD)

Hi,

Sorry for the delayed response. I suggest you to set File Explorer as the Default program and check if that helps. To do this, refer the steps given below.

• Open Control Panel.
    • Search for Default Programs.
    • Go to Default Programs.
    • Look for File Explorer towards the left pane and select it.
    • Set this as default program and apply changes.
    • Check if the issue persists.

Hope this helps.

Arvind Ram, Jan 26, 2019
  4. Jerry8A Win User

Recent (Save Files) - Change Default Settings to OneDrive

Hello -
    Thanks for the return. Before I undertake changing the Registry, I have a question.
    The steps in my Registry, for my version of Windows 10, were a bit different, but I think I eventually got to the right spot.
    The last step is to change the number of places you want to list in Recent Places. In my case, the default Max Display listed 50 as the number. So, if I were to change that number, how do I know the Save As page will be one of those places? Or, a similar question, will this registry change delete the tab Recent from my Save As page? This is what I would like to happen.
    When I received my computer in Nov. 2016, the Recent tab was not listed in the Save As page. Something caused it to be added over time. Which brings me to this second question. Would there be any benefit in deleting the changed registry listing and reverting back to the default listing? See attachment.
    Jerry

Jerry8A, Jan 26, 2019
Thema:

1. Restoring SMB defaults after changing in powershell - Similar Threads - Restoring SMB defaults

2. SMB

in Windows 10 Gaming
    SMB: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/%E6%97%A0%E6%B3%95%E8%8E%B7%E5%8F%96-smb/bf35c45b-b074-4706-8052-248ece481a71
  3. restore color default

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    restore color default: restore color to ideapad 5*Moved from feedback. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/restore-color-default/f2e0dcfb-4b84-434b-becc-b11e466a069c
  4. SMB

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    SMB: Hello I would like to active SMB 1.0 /cifs file sharing support in windows server 2003, i don't have powershell. can i active the SMB 1.0 via manage your server?Thank you https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/smb/4f36f984-61cc-4871-bc5a-7c827d7dbf40
  5. Reset Powershell to default?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Reset Powershell to default?: Is it possible to reset Powershell to complete defaults i.e the font, colors etc? 180017
  6. Restore to Defaults

in Windows 10 Customization
    Restore to Defaults: I'm about to send this computer back as it came with no PRODUCT CODE? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/restore-to-defaults/3749baf6-fb80-4f66-9a84-52d3b38543ee
  7. Change Default From Powershell to Ubuntu in Windows Terminal

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Change Default From Powershell to Ubuntu in Windows Terminal: Instead of Powershell, I would like Windows Terminal to open a WSL tab by default. If this is possible, than I could right-click to open a new terminal from File Explorer, and not have to change directory all the way to where I want to go. submitted by /u/GalacticWafer...
  8. smb

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    smb: my segate external hard disk goflex home cant work with windows 10 please helppppp me make it work as i know it discontinued from segate support. thanks and waiting for yr feed back ASAP....
  9. Can I change Windows Settings, Default Programms in Powershell?

in Windows 10 Support
    Can I change Windows Settings, Default Programms in Powershell?: Good Morning everyone I'm currently working on a WDS and I would like to automate as much as possible. I created a customize Userprofile (sysprep it and saved it on WDS-Server) thanks to a Tutorial on this Website and many of the changes I made were saved *Biggrin. I would...
  10. Restoring PowerShell

in Windows 10 Support
    Restoring PowerShell: Is it possible to restore PoweShell if it was uninstalled and if so how? Thanks. 56260

Users found this page by searching for:

1. restore defaults after cmd changes

2. windows 10 update smb problems