Windows 10: Restoring system registries

Discus and support Restoring system registries in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello, To make my windows recognise my DVD drive, I have gone to the following support link... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Jayanthkumar1, May 28, 2020.

1. Restoring system registries

Hello, To make my windows recognise my DVD drive, I have gone to the following support link

https://support.microsoft.com/en-in/help/314060/your-cd-or-dvd-drive-is-not-recognized-by-windows-or-other-programs

I followed every method until method4... After that, i followed method5 as said but without having considering the NOTE points mentioned below.. I.e.,I didn't Create any restore points before deleting the registries..

Therefore on restarting the system, I couldn't get it started normally.

Please help in this regard.. As soon as possible

Thankyou

Jayanth

:)

Jayanthkumar1, May 28, 2020

2. How to restore registry values?

Hello,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

You can perform system restore and check if it helps:

Perform System restore.

I suggest you to perform system restore and select a date prior to the changes which was done with the registry values and check if the issue gets fixed.

To perform System restore:

• Press Windows key + X, select
      System.
    • In the left pane, click on System Protection.
    • Select the option to system restore
      > next. It will show all restore points already created.
    • Select the date prior to the date on which you have made the registry changes.
    Registry disclaimer

To do so: Important this section, method, or task contains steps that tell you how to modify the registry. However, serious problems might occur if you modify the registry incorrectly. Therefore, make sure that you follow these
    steps carefully. For added protection, back up the registry before you modify it. Then, you can restore the registry if a problem occurs. For more information about how to back up and restore the registry, click the following article number to view the article
    in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:

322756 (http://support.microsoft.com/kb/322756/ )

How to back up and restore the registry in Windows

Try the above step and let us know the status of the issue. We will be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

Sangeeta Sarkar, May 28, 2020
  3. enable system restore registry key

Hi,

My name is Angel. I am an Independent Advisor. Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\WindowsNT\CurrentVersion\SystemRestore\RPSessionInterval

value = 0 system restore is disabled, if 1 then it's enabled.

Hope the information provided is useful. If the issue persists, reply here and we will be glad to help you.

Angel.

Registry disclaimer

To do so: Important this section, method, or task contains steps that tell you how to modify the registry. However, serious problems might occur if you modify the registry incorrectly. Therefore, make sure that you follow these steps carefully. For added protection,
    back up the registry before you modify it. Then, you can restore the registry if a problem occurs. For more information about how to back up and restore the registry, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:

How to back up and restore the registry in Windows

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/322756/

AngelCarreno, May 28, 2020
  4. Frogger Win User

Restoring system registries

Modded Registry. Want Old Back....

did you try this

To restore the registry
    Open Registry Editor.
    Click Options, and then click Print to print these instructions. (If you are using the Help and Support Center, click Print above the topic area.) They will not be available after you shut down your computer in step 2.
    Click Start, and then click Shut Down.
    In the list, click Restart, and then click OK.
    When you see the message Please select the operating system to start, press F8.
    Use the arrow keys to highlight Last Known Good Configuration, and then press ENTER.
    NUM LOCK must be off before the arrow keys on the numeric keypad will function.

Use the arrow keys to highlight an operating system, and then press ENTER.
    Caution

Incorrectly editing the registry may severely damage your system. Before making changes to the registry, you should back up any valued data on your computer.
    Notes

To open Registry Editor, click Start, click Run, type regedit, and then click OK.
    Choosing Last Known Good Configuration provides a way to recover from problems such as a newly added driver that may be incorrect for your hardware. It does not solve problems caused by corrupted or missing drivers or files.
    When you choose Last Known Good Configuration, Windows restores information in registry key HKLM\System\CurrentControlSet only. Any changes you have made in other registry keys remain.

Frogger, May 28, 2020
Thema:

Restoring system registries

1. Restoring system registries - Similar Threads - Restoring system registries

2. System Restore Stuck Restoring Registry

in Windows 10 Gaming
    System Restore Stuck Restoring Registry: HelloSo I posted another thread about Word suddenly disappearing from my laptop and got a helpful solution. Unfortunately, before getting this I had embarked on a System Restore. Have done them before and they've been relatively painless but the process is currently in its...
  3. System Restore Stuck Restoring Registry

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    System Restore Stuck Restoring Registry: HelloSo I posted another thread about Word suddenly disappearing from my laptop and got a helpful solution. Unfortunately, before getting this I had embarked on a System Restore. Have done them before and they've been relatively painless but the process is currently in its...
  4. System Restore Restoring Registry Stuck

in Windows 10 Gaming
    System Restore Restoring Registry Stuck: HelloSo I posted another thread about Word suddenly disappearing from my laptop and got a helpful solution. Unfortunately, before getting this I had embarked on a System Restore. Have done them before and they've been relatively painless but the process is currently in its...
  5. System Restore Restoring Registry Stuck

System Restore Restoring Registry Stuck: HelloSo I posted another thread about Word suddenly disappearing from my laptop and got a helpful solution. Unfortunately, before getting this I had embarked on a System Restore. Have done them before and they've been relatively painless but the process is currently in its...
  6. System Restore Stuck on Restoring Registry

in Windows 10 Gaming
    System Restore Stuck on Restoring Registry: I did a system restore yesterday. It said it failed since an antivirus may be running, so I disabled my Avira Antivirus and I started the system restore again today.It has been stuck on "System Restore is Restoring the Registry" for the last 5 hours+. I have actually reset my...
  7. System Restore Stuck on Restoring Registry

System Restore Stuck on Restoring Registry: I did a system restore yesterday. It said it failed since an antivirus may be running, so I disabled my Avira Antivirus and I started the system restore again today.It has been stuck on "System Restore is Restoring the Registry" for the last 5 hours+. I have actually reset my...
  8. System Restore Stuck on Restoring Registry

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  9. System restore stuck on registry

System restore stuck on registry: I did a system restore and it has been at least 6 hours and it is stuck on registry. I did a hard reset and now NOTHING!!! HELP PLEASE? ! Dee https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/system-restore-stuck-on-registry/c02af099-2cc9-44a8-9acc-46988011d026
  10. New System, System restore restoring registry, stuck

New System, System restore restoring registry, stuck: I've had this brand new Dell G5 15, Windows 10, for about a week. Put on all available updates. A few days ago, I created a restore point. Today, I had it restore there. It has been 3 hours and it still says "restoring the registry". I maybe added 3 programs which changed the...