Windows 10: Restoring Tasks in Multiple Desktop views

Discus and support Restoring Tasks in Multiple Desktop views in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I am using several Desktop views when working on several programs and activities. For example, may have a desktop open with MATLAB applications,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by RG_47, Feb 14, 2020.

1. RG_47 Win User

Restoring Tasks in Multiple Desktop views

I am using several Desktop views when working on several programs and activities. For example, may have a desktop open with MATLAB applications, another with Arduino apps, and so on. When I power down, all of the current work files and sessions are lost.

How can I restore previous task windows, including files and apps, automatically or with a single action, without reverting to opening them individually via the history feature in task view?

Alternatively, is there a tool that allows me to open several virtual windows so that, when I power up I can restore them to the previous session states?

:)

RG_47, Feb 14, 2020

2. Task View on Desktop

When I am in task view there is no add desktop button to create multiple desktops.

PeterGillan, Feb 14, 2020
  3. Geethu B Win User
    Task View Blue Screen

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

To understand the issue better, I would need more information from your end.

• What happens when you open task view from task bar?
    • Are you able to switch between all of your open apps on multiple desktops?

Are you trying to disable task view feature in Windows 10? If yes, please try these steps.

a. Right-click on task bar.

b. Uncheck show task view button.

Hope this information helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of the issue so that we can assist you further.

Geethu B, Feb 14, 2020
  4. Restoring Tasks in Multiple Desktop views

Task View on Desktop

I have been unable to locate the multiple desktop button in Task View and the short cut buttons to not work

PeterGillan, Feb 14, 2020
Thema:

Restoring Tasks in Multiple Desktop views

1. Restoring Tasks in Multiple Desktop views - Similar Threads - Restoring Tasks Multiple

2. not seeing desktop background in task view

in Windows 10 Gaming
    not seeing desktop background in task view: I am running windows 11 build 22631. I am using windows spotlight for desktop background but when i open task view I am seeing the generic file icon instead of the background...
  3. Task view, desktop contents

in Windows 10 Customization
    Task view, desktop contents: Hi, If I add desktops in TaskView, and open one, they all have same contents same webpages, same excels open etc. If I close one tab in e.g Desktop 1, it also closes in e.g Desktop 2 = all desktops are identical.Question: how do I get different contents to different desktops?...
  4. Task view, desktop contents

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Task view, desktop contents: Hi, If I add desktops in TaskView, and open one, they all have same contents same webpages, same excels open etc. If I close one tab in e.g Desktop 1, it also closes in e.g Desktop 2 = all desktops are identical.Question: how do I get different contents to different desktops?...
  5. Task view, desktop contents

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. Reordering Virtual Desktops on Task View

Reordering Virtual Desktops on Task View: Hello, I have read a number of support articles on this site and elsewhere, and there appear to be options missing from my context menu when I right-click on a virtual desktop in task view. [ATTACH] Compare to the image at this link, which has 5 total options in the...
  7. Multiple Virtual Desktops on one view

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Multiple Virtual Desktops on one view: OS Build 18363.1316 I have a very large monitor that I would like to "split" into four sections and with each section running a separate virtual desktop. I hope to have four virtual desktops "active" on one monitor at a time Is is possible to snap virtual desktops rather...
  8. Task View/Virtual Desktops.

Task View/Virtual Desktops.: Hi everyone. I've been using the Task View feature a lot on my PC, and I was wondering if I could make the two desktops different from each other? For example. Having a desktop or 2 for school/work, and one for Gaming. With different shortcuts on the desktop. Different...
  9. New multiple desktop tool called Task View in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    New multiple desktop tool called Task View in Windows 10: At the unveiling of Windows 10, Microsoft spoke about productivity and doing more than one thing at once. Now with Window 10, users can run Universal apps next to traditional desktop apps. This enables more multitasking between apps. In addition to this, Microsoft has...
  10. Issue with multiple desktops (task view?) and opening applications

in Windows 10 Support
    Issue with multiple desktops (task view?) and opening applications: Say I have a desktop 1 with MS Word open. If I then open another desktop (desktop 2), and then open a word file from my hard drive on desktop 2, windows 10 will take me out of desktop 2, put be back on desktop 1, and then open the file I requested. I then have to open the...