Windows 10: Restoring Tasks in Multiple Desktop views

Discus and support Restoring Tasks in Multiple Desktop views in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I am using several Desktop views when working on several programs and activities. For example, may have a desktop open with MATLAB applications,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by RG_47, Feb 14, 2020.

1. RG_47 Win User

Restoring Tasks in Multiple Desktop views

I am using several Desktop views when working on several programs and activities. For example, may have a desktop open with MATLAB applications, another with Arduino apps, and so on. When I power down, all of the current work files and sessions are lost.

How can I restore previous task windows, including files and apps, automatically or with a single action, without reverting to opening them individually via the history feature in task view?

Alternatively, is there a tool that allows me to open several virtual windows so that, when I power up I can restore them to the previous session states?

:)

RG_47, Feb 14, 2020

2. Task View on Desktop

When I am in task view there is no add desktop button to create multiple desktops.

PeterGillan, Feb 14, 2020
  3. Geethu B Win User
    Task View Blue Screen

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

To understand the issue better, I would need more information from your end.

• What happens when you open task view from task bar?
    • Are you able to switch between all of your open apps on multiple desktops?

Are you trying to disable task view feature in Windows 10? If yes, please try these steps.

a. Right-click on task bar.

b. Uncheck show task view button.

Hope this information helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of the issue so that we can assist you further.

Geethu B, Feb 14, 2020
  4. Restoring Tasks in Multiple Desktop views

Task View on Desktop

I have been unable to locate the multiple desktop button in Task View and the short cut buttons to not work

PeterGillan, Feb 14, 2020
Thema:

Restoring Tasks in Multiple Desktop views

1. Restoring Tasks in Multiple Desktop views - Similar Threads - Restoring Tasks Multiple

2. task view

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    task view: How to delete a item from the task view screen? Tried using the remove and clear buttons which did not work, https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/task-view/ada0f109-777a-421a-85d9-42d7cd26f196"
  3. Task View

in Windows 10 Customization
    Task View: In the past, when I would open a file from the task view timeline, a Word doc I worked on the day before for instance, the file would open in Word in the usual way, but now it opens in my browser. Is this due to an update? Is there a setting for this? The way it is task view...
  4. TASK VIEW

TASK VIEW: Hello, how can i revert back to the old Task View button. It was completely fine before and now its practically unusable. Its extremely had to navigate between desktops and apps themselves....
  5. Task View

Task View: I open Task View to clear all of the things I have done on the computer that day and generally it works. Yesterday and today there are two that won't delete. I even tried to remove it individually and it still won't go. I clicked on it to see if it was still an active task...
  6. Task View/Virtual Desktops.

Task View/Virtual Desktops.: Hi everyone. I've been using the Task View feature a lot on my PC, and I was wondering if I could make the two desktops different from each other? For example. Having a desktop or 2 for school/work, and one for Gaming. With different shortcuts on the desktop. Different...
  7. How do I turn off Task View and restore original desktop?

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    How do I turn off Task View and restore original desktop?: Greetings all, A game recently crashed on my laptop, and, in attempting to close it, I seem to have somehow turned on Task View. The crash required a restart. Now my desktop is devoid of folders and icons, the Task View button is on the task bar, and only the Start menu...
  8. Task View

in Windows 10 Support
    Task View: In the bottom bar is three windows labelled tasdkbar; two small bigger one in middle. When I click on it it shows another version of my desktop, but minus icons. What is the function? 12639
  9. New multiple desktop tool called Task View in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    New multiple desktop tool called Task View in Windows 10: At the unveiling of Windows 10, Microsoft spoke about productivity and doing more than one thing at once. Now with Window 10, users can run Universal apps next to traditional desktop apps. This enables more multitasking between apps. In addition to this, Microsoft has...
  10. Issue with multiple desktops (task view?) and opening applications

in Windows 10 Support
    Issue with multiple desktops (task view?) and opening applications: Say I have a desktop 1 with MS Word open. If I then open another desktop (desktop 2), and then open a word file from my hard drive on desktop 2, windows 10 will take me out of desktop 2, put be back on desktop 1, and then open the file I requested. I then have to open the...