Windows 10: Restoring to Factory Image but still have problems

Discus and support Restoring to Factory Image but still have problems in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; My Dell laptop had been so slow and had some problems so that a technician restore it using factory image restore. However, after the attempt, other... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Yani_82, Jun 7, 2021.

1. Yani_82 Win User

Restoring to Factory Image but still have problems

My Dell laptop had been so slow and had some problems so that a technician restore it using factory image restore. However, after the attempt, other problems emerge. The laptop stopped so many times asking for restarting and appear the stop code. So we decided to restore again using factory image restore. But the problems still emerged. I don't know what should I do now. Should I install a new ms windows 10?

:)

Yani_82, Jun 7, 2021
  2. topgundcp Win User

Restoring Windows 10 Image using Macrium Reflect

In addition to the above. Here's my suggestion in step by step.
    I assume you have Macrium Installed in your current HD and already made a backup copy.
    1. Connect your new HD via USB port and boot up.
    2. Run Macrium, click on Restore tab then select the Backup Image that you made to restore
    3. click on "select a different target disk" then select your new HD as destination

Restoring to Factory Image but still have problems [​IMG]
    4. Proceed to restore then Shutdown and disconnect the old HD and replace with the new HD
    5. Boot up with your new HD.

topgundcp, Jun 7, 2021
  3. dsar Win User
    Factory Image Restore Option Missing After BCDEDIT Windows 10 Home 64

As the title suggest, I no longer see the option "Factory Image Restore" in the Advanced Boot Windows 10.

Laptop
    Dell Inspiron 7559
    Processor: 6th Gen Intel® Core™ i7-6700HQ Quad Core Processor 2.6GHz
    Memorry: 8GB Dual Channel DDR3L 1600MHz (8GB x 1)
    Graphic Card: NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 960M, 4GB GDDR5 video memory

Back Story

1. Two days ago I tried to install hackintosh on the laptop while Windows 10 Home is intact. I installed it in a different partition on the same harddrive. So the Windows was at C and the Mac OS Sierra was at E while D is used for data storage.
    2. In the process of installation, I press F4 while highlighting the Mac OS installation and then tried to boot it. But I couldn't boot it. The hackintosh failed.
    3. I gave up, and then boot from the Windows 10 but it also failed. It showed that there is no bootable device.
    4. I made a usb bootable windows 10 to recover the bcd using the command prompt option in the installation but it still failed to boot.
    5. I ended up installing the new windows 10 on the E drive (wiping out the failed hackintosh). After doing this, I succeeded.
    6. I am able to boot to the new windows as well as the old windows.

To keep things clean, I want to do a factory image restore. The problem is that because I used bcdedit before (see 4), I couldn't find the option to do the factory image restore.

I read online that I can fix the bcd using the visual bcd editor. I have no clue how to use it.

Here's a screenshot of the bcd visual editor on my computer.

I wanted to be able to do a factory image restore.

How can I do this using BCD Visual Editor?

Thanks in advanced.

dsar, Jun 7, 2021
  4. fdegrove Win User

System Image Problem

Hi Nick,

No need to stress.
    Since the dl of the windows install media failed twice in a row already we are going to do as Bill suggests.
    No use wasting another day on it at this point.

Here is a description of the steps to follow:

- Connect the external drive that contains the Macrium images we made.

-Boot off of the Macrium rescue CD. Make the necessary changes in bios so booting from CD is the highest on the boot order priority list or use the machine's bootmenu (Fn key ? ) to select to boot off of CD.

- From within Macrium select restore. Browse for image 0_SysRes etc. and load it in Macrium.

- Select the drive to restore to: your c: drive. Make sure it is the correct drive. Only one internal drive should be connected at this point.

-Drag and drop the loaded backup image to the beginning of the C:\ partition. It must be fully at the left of the partition.

- Click restore and confirm.

- Once it has finished close Macrium. It will automatically reboot.

-Boot again off of the CD.

-Macrium loads and select restore again.

-Browse for and select 1_Windows from the backup drive. Select the same destination drive and drag and drop it right next to the small partition we just restored. Click restore, confirm the overwrite and let it finish.

-Again close Macrium and reboot once more off of the cd.

-In Macrium on the top left hand side there a menu option that reads something along these lines (I'll load it in a few minutes to verify and correct if necessary) : "Fix Windows boot problems".
    Click it.

-Let it finish and reboot off the main hard drive this time.

- Cross your fingers and hopefully Windows will start up.

I suggest not doing this immediately. I hope Bill will have a look at the suggested steps and correct any if need be.

Best, *Wink

fdegrove, Jun 7, 2021
Thema:

1. Restoring to Factory Image but still have problems - Similar Threads - Restoring Factory Image

2. System Image Restoration Problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    System Image Restoration Problem: I've got a new computer win11 and a new external hard drive. I wanted to verify that I could restore a system image, so I created an image and attempted to restore it. I've always had windows home, and I've never used bitlocker, so I failed the image restore. The error...
  3. System Image Restoration Problem

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    System Image Restoration Problem: I've got a new computer win11 and a new external hard drive. I wanted to verify that I could restore a system image, so I created an image and attempted to restore it. I've always had windows home, and I've never used bitlocker, so I failed the image restore. The error...
  4. Factory restore problem

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Factory restore problem: Hi, I'm trying to make a hard reset on my windows tablet. It's a Spring 8, by Hexa. I have chosen the option in the menu, but now when I turn it on, after the HEXA logo appears on screen, all I get is a black screen, for hours. When I touch this screen, something like a mouse...
  5. Factory Image Restore Frozen

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Factory Image Restore Frozen: i am trying to restore the computer to factory state using factory image restore but it has been stuck on “applying the background image” for about an hour. It says that the entire process should only take “several minutes” [IMG]...
  6. Problems After Restoring to Factory Settings

Problems After Restoring to Factory Settings: <p>Hi, </p><p>My laptop Windows 10 came up with a notice out of nowhere saying that there was a boot configuration problem. I restored the laptop to factory settings as it wouldn't let me back up any of my files.</p><p>Since doing this my laptop has been having some issues...
  7. Factory Restore

Factory Restore: Im trying to factory restore my computer, it says there isnt enough memory. I've deleted everything that I can find to take off, how can i get past this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/factory-restore/7a475a11-8592-411c-b653-d8fa46dbc555
  8. Factory restore

Factory restore: Hi I live in China and bought a Lenovo computer with Chinese settings. I purchased Windows 10 Pro for English Language settings. I now want to do factory reset which, I presume, will return it to Chinese mode. How do I reinstall Windows 10 Pro? Thank you. David...
  9. System Image Restore Problem

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    System Image Restore Problem: Hi everyone, I really need some help. I backed up my system using a system image about a month ago. Then just recently my system kept freezing. I went to reinstall windows and it kept crashing and therefore had no operating system on. So so I then used my windows 10...
  10. Dell Factory Image Restore

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Dell Factory Image Restore: I upgraded to Windows 10 from Windows 7 but I would like to go back to Win 7. It's past the 30 days and so I can't roll back via Win 10. When I use F8, I see that the Dell Factory Image Restore is no longer an option. However, I do have a recovery drive for Win 7. Has Win 10...