Windows 10: Restoring users from Windows.old to open encrypted files

Discus and support Restoring users from Windows.old to open encrypted files in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I recently had a computer failure which led me to reinstall windows. After reinstalling I noticed my old user was in windows.old. I have some... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by mbn3, Oct 30, 2020.

1. mbn3 Win User

Restoring users from Windows.old to open encrypted files

I recently had a computer failure which led me to reinstall windows.

After reinstalling I noticed my old user was in windows.old.

I have some encrypted files on another drive, but the keys to them are with that now deactivated user account.

I made no .pfx files, so I want to reactivate the account.

Is there a way to restore a user from windows.old and be able to log in using said user?

:)

2. Windows XP file encryption

LOL thanks, I think its standard windows XP file encryption

troyrae360, Oct 30, 2020
  3. How to Restore Deleted OLD User Account in Windows 10

Hello Greg,

Thanks for your Reply. I Recover My all Encrypt File but lost Encrypt File Key Certificate! Also, Recover Old user Account Data. I think If I can Restore My Old User Account ID, Then I can use that ID to create a New Certificate to open those Encrypt File.

AmitSharma0903, Oct 30, 2020
  4. Restoring users from Windows.old to open encrypted files

encrypted files

Hi Iman,

Error message 0x80071771 means that you need to restore the file encryption key in order for you to decrypt the encrypted files. On the other hand, you can still try these steps and see if it will work:

• Right-click the file or folder that you want to decrypt.
    • Click File ownership and click Personal.

Feel free to contact us if you need assistance with Windows.

Dennis Mop, Oct 30, 2020
Thema:

Restoring users from Windows.old to open encrypted files

1. Restoring users from Windows.old to open encrypted files - Similar Threads - Restoring users old

2. Decrypting\Regaining access to encrypted files from old PC?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Decrypting\Regaining access to encrypted files from old PC?: Hi,I have some files from my old PC on my secondary HDD that are encrypted by Windows 10. I formatted my primary SSD and my secondary HDD moved to another PC. Now I lost access to those files. Is there any way of regaining access to them or decrypting them?...
  3. Decrypting\Regaining access to encrypted files from old PC?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Decrypting\Regaining access to encrypted files from old PC?: Hi,I have some files from my old PC on my secondary HDD that are encrypted by Windows 10. I formatted my primary SSD and my secondary HDD moved to another PC. Now I lost access to those files. Is there any way of regaining access to them or decrypting them?...
  4. How to open an encrypted file that was made before system restore

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to open an encrypted file that was made before system restore: I encrypted my txt document and lost some important data. Is there any way that I can open the file after the computer that I had it on has been system restored? I have saved the file to an extended storage, so the file is safe, however it is encrypted now with data from my...
  5. How to open an encrypted file that was made before system restore

How to open an encrypted file that was made before system restore: I encrypted my txt document and lost some important data. Is there any way that I can open the file after the computer that I had it on has been system restored? I have saved the file to an extended storage, so the file is safe, however it is encrypted now with data from my...
  6. Recovering encrypted files after reinstall of Windows 10 with all old user files saved

Recovering encrypted files after reinstall of Windows 10 with all old user files saved: Hi guys!I just reinstalled windows10, finding all of my encrypted files cannot be opened.But i saved all the old windows user files.Is it possible to recover the files?Thank you!...
  7. Is it possible to open encrypted files from the last windows?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Is it possible to open encrypted files from the last windows?: I have just updated my windows version form 7 to 10.But the problem is I had some encrypted files in the last windows7 and now I can't access them in the new windows.I would really appreciated if anoyone could help me...
  8. Restore old windows user folder into new user

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Restore old windows user folder into new user: My computer is connected to a domain, and my user got deleted somehow. My company had to create a new user for me, and i wanted to know if it's possible to restore my old user folder into my new windows user. I tried to look on the web, and i only found ways to change the...
  9. How to restore Emails from an Old Windows Users folder?

How to restore Emails from an Old Windows Users folder?: Hi, long story short : i have the entire USERs folder of the old system ... how can i findout/ restore my email that were installed before on the mailapp. even if i have to re-input the passwords and all that, i just want to login with all of them without missing anyone....
  10. Restore old user account

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Restore old user account: Hi, I'm using Windows 10 and i have two accounts (administrator and local user). actually i didn't use the administrator i just created previously for some installation of application and i'm using the other one user. Today when I turn on the PC the local user was gone...