Windows 10: Restoring users from Windows.old to open encrypted files

Discus and support Restoring users from Windows.old to open encrypted files in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I recently had a computer failure which led me to reinstall windows. After reinstalling I noticed my old user was in windows.old. I have some... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by mbn3, Oct 30, 2020.

1. mbn3 Win User

Restoring users from Windows.old to open encrypted files

I recently had a computer failure which led me to reinstall windows.

After reinstalling I noticed my old user was in windows.old.

I have some encrypted files on another drive, but the keys to them are with that now deactivated user account.

I made no .pfx files, so I want to reactivate the account.

Is there a way to restore a user from windows.old and be able to log in using said user?

:)

2. Windows XP file encryption

LOL thanks, I think its standard windows XP file encryption

troyrae360, Oct 30, 2020
  3. How to Restore Deleted OLD User Account in Windows 10

Hello Greg,

Thanks for your Reply. I Recover My all Encrypt File but lost Encrypt File Key Certificate! Also, Recover Old user Account Data. I think If I can Restore My Old User Account ID, Then I can use that ID to create a New Certificate to open those Encrypt File.

AmitSharma0903, Oct 30, 2020
  4. Restoring users from Windows.old to open encrypted files

encrypted files

Hi Iman,

Error message 0x80071771 means that you need to restore the file encryption key in order for you to decrypt the encrypted files. On the other hand, you can still try these steps and see if it will work:

• Right-click the file or folder that you want to decrypt.
    • Click File ownership and click Personal.

Feel free to contact us if you need assistance with Windows.

Dennis Mop, Oct 30, 2020
Thema:

Restoring users from Windows.old to open encrypted files

1. Restoring users from Windows.old to open encrypted files - Similar Threads - Restoring users old

2. How to restore old user account

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How to restore old user account: Hi, So i stupidly renamed my user folder name using the method that uses the registry editor then i edited the profile image path. I signed out, and when i signed back in again it was with a temporary profile. All my settings have been reset, e.g. background, i was...
  3. Encrypted files on my old HDD

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Encrypted files on my old HDD: Hi, So i recently found 2 of my old harddrives with some encrypted files on them. I have tried to take ownership of the file but it does not allow me to open them/move them so i can keep them. I was wondering if there was a way i can create a user but with my old user...
  4. Restore old windows user folder into new user

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Restore old windows user folder into new user: My computer is connected to a domain, and my user got deleted somehow. My company had to create a new user for me, and i wanted to know if it's possible to restore my old user folder into my new windows user. I tried to look on the web, and i only found ways to change the...
  5. How to restore Emails from an Old Windows Users folder?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to restore Emails from an Old Windows Users folder?: Hi, long story short : i have the entire USERs folder of the old system ... how can i findout/ restore my email that were installed before on the mailapp. even if i have to re-input the passwords and all that, i just want to login with all of them without missing anyone....
  6. Ransomware infection restore encrypted files

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Ransomware infection restore encrypted files: Decryption did not work for me and I used a lot of different tools... My files still have .erif extension. When I ran EMSISOFT Decryptor the results were: Starting... File: "THE NAME OF THE FILE"Error: No key for New Variant online ID: "ONLINE ID" Notice: this ID appears to...
  7. Help restoring old files

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Help restoring old files: My computer recently broke and I had to do a complete windows 10 reinstall. If possible, how can I get all my old files back if I didn't back them up onto an external drive? I've looked into my windows.old file and it seems like my files are there, but everything I find on...
  8. Searching for Encrypted Files on all users

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Searching for Encrypted Files on all users: I need to find a way to search for all Encrypted text files for all users on my server. I've tried the cipher method in cmd but that hasn't worked out, anyone have any ideas? submitted by /u/scrungus_tuna [link] [comments]...
  9. Restore old user account

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Restore old user account: Hi, I'm using Windows 10 and i have two accounts (administrator and local user). actually i didn't use the administrator i just created previously for some installation of application and i'm using the other one user. Today when I turn on the PC the local user was gone...
  10. How to Open old HLP files from Windows 10

in Windows 10 Support
    How to Open old HLP files from Windows 10: @andylaode The easiest way to solve this problem is to use the XP version of winhlp32.exe. If you have the Windows XP installtion disk, you can extract from it or download the attachment below which contains both X86 and X64 version of winhlp32.exe (XP64winhlp32.exe &...