Windows 10: Restoring Windows 7 backup to a mapped network drive

Discus and support Restoring Windows 7 backup to a mapped network drive in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] I recently got a new windows 10 machine and I'm trying to restore some of my backups made with the windows 7 backup utility. Everything... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/jrmntr, Nov 22, 2020 at 3:22 PM.

1. /u/jrmntr Win User

Restoring Windows 7 backup to a mapped network drive

Restoring Windows 7 backup to a mapped network drive 0f4aWysqmigUb9_EAwcb_9ApfrR3fyaNl56clyGT0-8.jpg

I recently got a new windows 10 machine and I'm trying to restore some of my backups made with the windows 7 backup utility.

Everything seems to work fine until I try to choose a network drive as a restore location. At first, it just didn't even show up as a location. I've followed some steps from google and gotten to the point where it shows up as an option but I can't actually restore to it.

Any suggestions? I really don't want to incrementally restore to a local drive then transfer to the NAS...

https://preview.redd.it/l7qaap7hmu0...bp&s=c6eaca2ec8b82d4dea1f747e1f5ab618c9b4ed3a

submitted by /u/jrmntr
    [link] [comments]

:)

2. sumasage Win User

Free hard drive backup/restore program?

I am looking for a free (freeware) program that will back up and restore a hard drive. I'm looking to clone a few external hard drives. If the program will backup the used space instead of the whole drive this will be awesome! Thanks for any suggestions.

3. Geekoid Win User
    Using network hard drive for backup

It depends what sort of backup you want to do. If you're happy just backing up regular files, then there are a bazillion (really, that many!) different bits of freeware to do that. There is a good list here:

Download Back Up Tools for Windows - MajorGeeks

and pretty much all of them can do network backups. Some even have fancy options like encryption. Really, the most useful thing is just being able to schedule them and know they ran OK.

You may also want to make a system image backup too, and you'll find that software in the very same list.

I don't have Windows 8 as yet, so I'm afraid I can't suggest any for that platform. Personally, I use Clonezilla for image backups.

4. jwj1001 Win User

How do I delete invalid network drive mapping from application dialog window? (ex: Backup/Restore dialog window)

How do I delete invalid network drive mapping from application dialog window? Example: Application Backup/Restore dialog window where the invalid mapping is still listed.

Thema:

1. Restoring Windows 7 backup to a mapped network drive - Similar Threads - Restoring backup mapped

2. Mapping a network drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Mapping a network drive: I am trying to map a network drive from one Windows 10 PC to a shared USB drive on another Windows 10 PC. I have two USB drives in this PC. One I can share successfully. When I try to map to the other one it keeps asking for Windows credentials. I have password protected...
  3. Windows 7 backup/restore

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 7 backup/restore: I use this backup option on weekdays. Unfortunately the app does not allow skipping weekend days. Is there a way to automatically limit backups to weekdays? Thanks for any help....
  4. Restore using Windows 7 Backup and Restore

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Restore using Windows 7 Backup and Restore: How do i restore from a single drive computer to my new machine with a SSD and a large seperate data drive? The backup was made with Windows 7 backup and restore option....
  5. mapping network drive

mapping network drive: I have 3 computers networked through a Linksys router. To the router we connected a 2TB external storage device. I can map the drive on one computer but not the other 2. It appears as though I don't have the correct permissions to locate the drive. When I pull up the map...
  6. Backup / Restore to Network drives (Macrium)

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Backup / Restore to Network drives (Macrium): Hi folks when you create the stand alone Macrium don't forget to enable legacy SMB1 support (in the Macrium create recovery media) under advanced if your backups goes to NAS or other shared network devices that still need SMB1. [img] Cheers jimbo 128463
  7. Map Network drive

Map Network drive: Having an issue with mapping network drive with my local Netgear device. The id/password for attaching to the netgear device is local to the device and is not joined to a domain. My windows 10 laptop is joined to a domain. When I try to map a drive, such as...
  8. Backup and Restore Windows 7?

Backup and Restore Windows 7?: I installed Windows 10 29Jul2105, and that day I created a System Image Backup on both computers. On Sunday , on the desktop of both computers, I found a folder named Windows 7, created 02Aug2015; I have no idea how thye were created. A short while ago, I opened Control...
  9. Backup and Restore (Windows 7)

Backup and Restore (Windows 7): My PC originally came with XP (OEM). My upgrade procedure was to install an SSD and load 8.1 on that. When booting for the first time, I was surprised but pleased to see that I had the choice of 8.1 or XP. Subsequently, I opted to upgrade to Win 10 and that worked in the same...
  10. GPO Mapped network Drives mapping in Win 10 but not Win 7

GPO Mapped network Drives mapping in Win 10 but not Win 7: I have a medium sized network running. We are currently migrating and updating our shared folder systems. The old system is running Win 2k8 R2 and still has the old mapped drives running what we haven't migrated. The new shared folders are on a new server Win 2012 R2 with a...