Windows 10: Restoring Windows 7 Image onto virtual drive in Windows 10

Discus and support Restoring Windows 7 Image onto virtual drive in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi, I have Windows 10 Pro on a new desktop. I have created before an image of Windows 7 system on my older PC. I was wondering if I create a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by newu_873, Jan 19, 2019.

1. newu_873 Win User

Restoring Windows 7 Image onto virtual drive in Windows 10

Hi,

I have Windows 10 Pro on a new desktop. I have created before an image of Windows 7 system on my older PC. I was wondering if I create a virtual drive in Windows 10 (on Hard Disk), whether it's possible to restore the Windows 7 image on the virtual drive ??

:)

newu_873, Jan 19, 2019
  2. RoboX Win User

Windows 7 Image

I need to backup the windows,data,programs (A) installed in the hard disk n.1

I want to use the feature(restore windows image) of windows 7 installed in another drive (hard disk 2) , so of another windows 7 (B) started up.

So, Can i startup windows B (installed on hard disk n.2) and use the feature to create an image of windows A (located on another drive, Hard Disk n.1)?

RoboX, Jan 19, 2019
  3. Sasqui Win User
    Windows 7 Image

Good question... Dunno if Win 7 will think it's been installed on another PC because of a different HDD and ask to be activated...?

Sasqui, Jan 19, 2019
  4. RoboX Win User

Windows 7 Image

Thanks...is it possible to created it from another drive, from another Windows 7?

I startup in anorher windows 7, and I wont to creat an image not of this windows and programs, but an image of the windows, data and programs installed on another drive

RoboX, Jan 19, 2019
Thema:

1. Restoring Windows 7 Image onto virtual drive in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Restoring Image onto

2. restore windows 7 image to an SSD when it was made on a Hard Drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    restore windows 7 image to an SSD when it was made on a Hard Drive: Can I restore a Win7 image made from a hard drive to an SSD same as I would to a hard drive? The hard drive is 1tb the SSD is 1tb https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/restore-windows-7-image-to-an-ssd-when-it-was-made/6c2a4ff6-7479-4b5e-96f6-911b705c60ef
  3. restore windows 7 image to an SSD when it was made on a Hard Drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    restore windows 7 image to an SSD when it was made on a Hard Drive: Can I restore a Win7 image made from a hard drive to an SSD same as I would to a hard drive? The hard drive is 1tb the SSD is 1tb https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/restore-windows-7-image-to-an-ssd-when-it-was-made/6c2a4ff6-7479-4b5e-96f6-911b705c60ef
  4. Restore a Windows 7 image file to a new Windows 10 PC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Restore a Windows 7 image file to a new Windows 10 PC: I have several key apps on a Windows 7 PC. I received a message that Windows7 is no longer supported.I bought a new Windows 10 PCI did a system backup to an external hard drive using Windows BackupThe Windows 7 computer subsequently died.I want to restore the backup to the...
  5. Restore a Windows 7 image file to a new Windows 10 PC

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Restore a Windows 7 image file to a new Windows 10 PC: I have several key apps on a Windows 7 PC. I received a message that Windows7 is no longer supported.I bought a new Windows 10 PCI did a system backup to an external hard drive using Windows BackupThe Windows 7 computer subsequently died.I want to restore the backup to the...
  6. Windows 10 Image Restore

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Image Restore: Can Microsoft please link several sign in options to Image Restore and System Restore. I have researched several previous posted articles. All have convoluted and / or non-working solutions. When trying to use some of the Windows integrated functions, like Image Restore,...
  7. Installing Windows 7 image on a virtual drive in Windows 10

Installing Windows 7 image on a virtual drive in Windows 10: Hi, I have Windows 10 Pro on a new desktop. I have created before an image of Windows 7 system on my older PC. I was wondering if I create a virtual drive in Windows 10 (on Hard Disk), whether it's possible to restore the Windows 7 image on the virtual drive ??...
  8. Restoring Windows 7 Image onto virtual drive in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    Restoring Windows 7 Image onto virtual drive in Windows 10: I have Windows 10 Pro on a new desktop. I have created before an image of Windows 7 system on my older PC. I was wondering if I create a virtual drive in Windows 10 (on Hard Disk), whether it's possible to restore the Windows 7 image on the virtual drive ?? 125591
  9. Mount Folder as Virtual Drive in Windows 7, Windows 8, and Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Mount Folder as Virtual Drive in Windows 7, Windows 8, and Windows 10: How to: Mount Folder as Virtual Drive in Windows 7, Windows 8, and Windows 10 How to Mount Folder as Virtual Drive in Windows 7, Windows 8, and Windows 10 In Windows, you can mount any folder at any location as a virtual drive with a drive letter. When you mount a...
  10. Issue restoring a Windows 10 image onto new 8.1 laptop.

Issue restoring a Windows 10 image onto new 8.1 laptop.: Hi. We have received 50 windows laptops. All are pre-loaded with Windows 8.1. We are looking to deploy a Windows 10 image on to these laptops, but we are having issues with the Licence activation. I updated one laptop from 8.1 to 10. Setup as required and ran Sysprep....