Windows 10: Restoring Windows PC to factory settings

Discus and support Restoring Windows PC to factory settings in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi. I have a laptop running Windows 10. I want to sell it, and it does not run very well with Windows 10, so I want to factory reset it to it's... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by PragmaticBody81, Oct 28, 2019.

1. Restoring Windows PC to factory settings

Hi. I have a laptop running Windows 10. I want to sell it, and it does not run very well with Windows 10, so I want to factory reset it to it's original OS (Windows Vista). How do I accomplish this?

Note: When I originally got this laptop, Win10 was already installed by the previous owner.

Thanks

:)

PragmaticBody81, Oct 28, 2019

2. pc restore to factory settings

You made two statements:

• pc restore to factory settings
    • I am unable use pc as I have no user password
    What actually is your question?

Frederik Long, Oct 28, 2019
  3. restoring to factory settings

Hi Lorna,

What’s the make and model of your laptop? I’ll find the steps to get that restored to factory settings for you. Let me know!

- C

Charlie Klausen, Oct 28, 2019
  4. Restoring Windows PC to factory settings

How to restore factory settings

Hi Brian,

I suggest you to perform Restore factory settings, it will automatically delete all the details and the setting will be restore default a new. Click on the article how to perform Restore factory settings.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-in/windows-10/windows-10-recovery-options

Note: It is recommended to take a Backup of all your files before performing Restore factory settings, it will wipe out all the data.

Hope this helps. If you need further assistance on Windows let us know we will be glad to help you.

Billion Debbarma, Oct 28, 2019
Thema:

Restoring Windows PC to factory settings

1. Restoring Windows PC to factory settings - Similar Threads - Restoring factory settings

2. Restore to Factory Settings Windows 7

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Restore to Factory Settings Windows 7: I have a Windows 7 HP Pavilion g7 that I am getting rid of. I would like to delete all files and return to factory settings. I don't need to back up. Just delete everything. I have tried all avenues and nothing works. Thanks...
  3. Restore to Factory Settings Windows 7

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Restore to Factory Settings Windows 7: I have a Windows 7 HP Pavilion g7 that I am getting rid of. I would like to delete all files and return to factory settings. I don't need to back up. Just delete everything. I have tried all avenues and nothing works. Thanks...
  4. Restoring Windows 10 to Factory Settings.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Restoring Windows 10 to Factory Settings.: Hi,A friend in his nineties is attempting to restore his Windows 10 computer to its original settings. He lives well over a hundred miles away so my advice has been via emails and links to online websites. He started the process today but has hit a snag after everything was...
  5. Restoring Windows 10 to Factory Settings.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Restoring Windows 10 to Factory Settings.: Hi,A friend in his nineties is attempting to restore his Windows 10 computer to its original settings. He lives well over a hundred miles away so my advice has been via emails and links to online websites. He started the process today but has hit a snag after everything was...
  6. Restoring Windows 10 to Factory Settings.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. restore to factory setting

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    restore to factory setting: I want to clean off all personal info and photos so I can give away https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/restore-to-factory-setting/8a2f17d0-0d42-44ea-88b8-0c220f939493"
  8. Restore to factory setting

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Restore to factory setting: How to restore factory settings? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/restore-to-factory-setting/71ba4664-24a5-4be5-9cfd-2d912ea781d7
  9. Restore to Factory setting

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Restore to Factory setting: I decided to restore laptop lenovo ideapad since it was running slow but it said there was a problem and nothing changed. I then clicked on startup repair and it said it was something about strttrail so i end up doing command and putting it ‘chkdisk /r /f c:’ and the problem...
  10. Restore to factory settings

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Restore to factory settings: Hi I want to restore my pc to factory settings since I someone got signed in as a temporary user. I've tried many solutions to fix it but no luck. So my last option may only be to do factory reset. But here again...another problem. When I go into recovery I don't have the...