Windows 10: Restoring Windows Theme

Discus and support Restoring Windows Theme in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I don't know if this will be helpful to anyone else, but this is what happened with my computer. The handy windows key + for magnification purposes... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by TerryBoggs, Apr 30, 2019.

1. Restoring Windows Theme

I don't know if this will be helpful to anyone else, but this is what happened with my computer.

The handy windows key + for magnification purposes in the past magnified but it also resorted my screens for every app. to black background and basically orange highlights. I fooled around with this for about 5 days, read and tried to follow all help tips on the community boards. The problem with that is that I'm an old broad with a lousy memory and my printer was not working. So I'm sure there are many useful suggestions, but my old mind couldn't follow though on any of them. So in frustration, I had just about given up and decided to purchase a new computer when finances allowed. But instead, I ended up playing around, still looking for answers. I accidentally found the answer that appears to be working for me on my desktop. Somewhere I read about inverting text, I can't remember the shortcut, other than ctrl (and either windows key or alt key) "I".

Through the help of your online community, I was able to restore my desktop from black, but that's as far as it went. All my online sites still had a black background. I've been a computer user and owner for many years, but I got really frustrated with all the revisions in windows and versions throughout the years, so I basically quit trying to keep up anything but the very basics.

Sorry this is so lengthy but I just think I enjoy killing time. Maybe the next machine I purchase will be a Mac? Thanks for letting me vent. I had this same problem several months ago. Not sure that time was caused by the same error on my part, but I did end up with my themes back, though I don't remember how, just how frustrating it was to get there!

:)

TerryBoggs, Apr 30, 2019

2. Win-10 themes keep changing

Hi,

Thank you for providing the information.

• Did you try the steps suggested by Suvarna Govinda above, what was the result?
    As I understand the issue, Themes in Windows doesn't have the options to change on its own. Only the Wallpapers in the themes can change as selected ( Picture, Solid color and Slide Show ).

I would suggest you to make us understand that if the Wallpapers are changing in Theme which you have selected.

Below are the steps you can check if it helps.

• Press Windows + I keys and select Personalization.
    • Select Theme and select the Default theme.
    • Select the Desktop Background below and select the Picture
      and save it and check.
    Please post us back if the issue resolves. We are glad to help you.

Sachin Venkatesh, Apr 30, 2019
  3. Windows 10 - How to install themes

Hi Rykel,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand your inconvenience. Don’t worry. We will assist to resolve this issue.

What error do you receive while trying to download themes?

I would suggest you to follow the steps and check if it helps:

• Right click on the desktop screen and select
              Personalize.

• Select themes from the left side of the page.

• Next select Themes settings.

• Select Get more Themes online.

Try the above suggestion and let us know if it helps. For further assistance feel free to post your queries in Microsoft forums. We will be glad to assist you.

Thank You.

Sangeeta Sarkar, Apr 30, 2019
  4. Restoring Windows Theme

Corrupted Personalization Settings and themes

Hi Nkhondo,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

I suggest you check if the settings are disable in the registries of the PC.

• Press
      Windows+R
      and type gpedit.msc in the run command.

• In the window that appears, you can see the "Local Group Policy Editor" Window.

• In this step I want to Prevent Changing Theme file. You click on User Configuration sub-category Administrative Template sub-category Control Panel sub-category Personalization and click on the "Prevent
      Changing Theme
      ".
    User Configuration<< Administrative Template<< Control Panel<< Personalization

• In this step right-click on the "Prevent Changing Theme"and select the
      edit tab and click on the edit tab.

• In this step, if you click on the
      Enabled Button then you cannot change the Theme. You click on the Disable Button then you can change the Theme. You click on The Enable Button for Disabling the changing Theme or Prevent Changing Theme.

• In this step right-click on your Desktop and select the Personalize tab. In this tab you are unable to change the theme after disabling the changing of the theme or Prevent
      Changing Theme.
    Registry disclaimer

To do so: Important this section, method, or task contains steps that tell you how to modify the registry. However, serious problems might occur if you modify the registry incorrectly. Therefore, make sure that you follow these steps carefully. For
    added protection, back up the registry before you modify it. Then, you can restore the registry if a problem occurs. For more information about how to back up and restore the registry, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft
    Knowledge Base:

How to back up and restore the registry in Windows

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/322756/

Hope it helps.

Let us know the status of the issue.

Anil Madishetty, Apr 30, 2019
Thema:

Restoring Windows Theme

1. Restoring Windows Theme - Similar Threads - Restoring Theme

2. Restore windows xp default theme

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Restore windows xp default theme: I recently found my old Windows XP laptop, which I would like to use to play my old games, I found a CD ROM that I used to win from Nintendo, it was special Game Cube themes with custom icons, I used to like this and now I don't anymore. wanted to put it back, to my surprise...
  3. Restore windows xp default theme

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Restore windows xp default theme: I recently found my old Windows XP laptop, which I would like to use to play my old games, I found a CD ROM that I used to win from Nintendo, it was special Game Cube themes with custom icons, I used to like this and now I don't anymore. wanted to put it back, to my surprise...
  4. Does system restore fix broken themes?

Does system restore fix broken themes?: The answer is yes. I thought I might post this because there wasn't much info on how to fix broken themes. I played around with themes and noticed that a few apps on my desktop had set colors from the previous theme and wouldn't get fixed no matter how much I toiled with the...
  5. Does system restore fix broken themes?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Does system restore fix broken themes?: The answer is yes. I thought I might post this because there wasn't much info on how to fix broken themes. I played around with themes and noticed that a few apps on my desktop had set colors from the previous theme and wouldn't get fixed no matter how much I toiled with the...
  6. How to restore default Windows theme and remove the dark mode theme I downloaded from the...

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to restore default Windows theme and remove the dark mode theme I downloaded from the...: I downloaded a new theme from the google play store. It's a dark mode theme and I don't like it after all. How do I get my Windows default themes back?...
  7. How to restore default Windows theme and remove the dark mode theme I downloaded from the...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to restore default Windows theme and remove the dark mode theme I downloaded from the...: I downloaded a new theme from the google play store. It's a dark mode theme and I don't like it after all. How do I get my Windows default themes back?...
  8. How to restore default Windows theme and remove the dark mode theme I downloaded from the...

9. I cant restore my windows11 to the default icons theme after changing it to something else

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I cant restore my windows11 to the default icons theme after changing it to something else: it changed the whole thing and i cant change it back I also forgot to do a restore is there any way I can bring it back? will resetting my PC do it...
  10. I cant restore my windows11 to the default icons theme after changing it to something else

I cant restore my windows11 to the default icons theme after changing it to something else: it changed the whole thing and i cant change it back I also forgot to do a restore is there any way I can bring it back? will resetting my PC do it...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. restoring themes