Windows 10: Restoring Windows10

Discus and support Restoring Windows10 in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi, I'm new here and I hope I have this question in the correct area. First off. I have 2 windows 10 in my house. one is almost 4 yrs old and the other... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by oldxpuser, Dec 13, 2018.

1. oldxpuser Win User

Restoring Windows10

Hi,
    I'm new here and I hope I have this question in the correct area. First off. I have 2 windows 10 in my house. one is almost 4 yrs old and the other is a week old. The newer win10 had some serious issues and Windows10 itself need to be reinstalled. We recently had a blizzard that knocked the power out while both computers were on. the new one got fried and the old one survived. The new one seems to turn on ok but is stuck in some kind of loop while trying to start windows. The sad part the files to it didn't get saved before the disaster stuck.
    The new windows10 is almost the same kind of computer as the older one except it has 8gigs of memory. The older HP has only 6 gigs of memory but it also has it's restore files.

My question is could I use the restore files from the older HP to restore the new HP or is there a problem since one is 6gig's of memory and the other is 8gigs?

The older one is a 550-153W HP windows10 with 1k gigs hard drive and 6gigs memory
    The new one is a 590-p0053W HP windows10 with 1k hard drive and 8gigs memory

:)

oldxpuser, Dec 13, 2018
  2. topgundcp Win User

Restoring Windows 10 Image using Macrium Reflect

In addition to the above. Here's my suggestion in step by step.
    I assume you have Macrium Installed in your current HD and already made a backup copy.
    1. Connect your new HD via USB port and boot up.
    2. Run Macrium, click on Restore tab then select the Backup Image that you made to restore
    3. click on "select a different target disk" then select your new HD as destination

Restoring Windows10 [​IMG]
    4. Proceed to restore then Shutdown and disconnect the old HD and replace with the new HD
    5. Boot up with your new HD.

topgundcp, Dec 13, 2018
  3. Tom Kunzo Win User
    System Restore & Backup For Windows10

What I mean is that in Windows7 there is a facility for auto-backup at certain dates (especially when Windows performs an update) from where one can restore the system to an earlier and trouble free state.

I noticed that there is no such auto system in Windows10.

Thank you.

Regards,

Tom Kunzo, Dec 13, 2018
  4. Restoring Windows10

Restoring Windows10

Hi Glen,

There can be many reasons why you are unable to complete restoring your Windows 10 computer. One of these is due to a corrupted system recovery image. For us to further investigate what's causing this, we'd like to get more details by providing answers to
    the following questions:

• May we know what prompted you to do a system restore?
    • Have you tried to restart the computer and perform the system restore again?
    • Are you given with other options when setting your timezone?
    • What steps have you taken so far to resolve the issue?

Your response is highly appreciated.

Dhavelyn Mer, Dec 13, 2018
Thema:

Restoring Windows10

1. Restoring Windows10 - Similar Threads - Restoring Windows10

2. Restore vendor BGRT boot logo, instead of unbranded Windows10 blue logo?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Restore vendor BGRT boot logo, instead of unbranded Windows10 blue logo?: How can I restore vendor BGRT boot logo, instead of unbranded Windows10 blue logo? I had to swap the hardware in my ASUS desktop.For this purpose it was necessary to disable the secure boot. So I made a mistake, and deleted secure keys by the way from BIOS.After fixing the...
  3. Restore vendor BGRT boot logo, instead of unbranded Windows10 blue logo?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Restore vendor BGRT boot logo, instead of unbranded Windows10 blue logo?: How can I restore vendor BGRT boot logo, instead of unbranded Windows10 blue logo? I had to swap the hardware in my ASUS desktop.For this purpose it was necessary to disable the secure boot. So I made a mistake, and deleted secure keys by the way from BIOS.After fixing the...
  4. Restore vendor BGRT boot logo, instead of unbranded Windows10 blue logo?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. What should I do windows10 home out of order on the half way of restore to old day point.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What should I do windows10 home out of order on the half way of restore to old day point.: HP Povilion P7-1539 installed windows10 home and got Microsoft email code activated it on May 1, 2023. because of set on screen key-board Cops Lock green color so the other day I follow windows step restore to May 14, but windows itself out of order on the half way, the...
  6. What should I do windows10 home out of order on the half way of restore to old day point.

What should I do windows10 home out of order on the half way of restore to old day point.: HP Povilion P7-1539 installed windows10 home and got Microsoft email code activated it on May 1, 2023. because of set on screen key-board Cops Lock green color so the other day I follow windows step restore to May 14, but windows itself out of order on the half way, the...
  7. What should I do windows10 home out of order on the half way of restore to old day point.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  8. After Windows10 reset, how to restore apps which were on non-system drive?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    After Windows10 reset, how to restore apps which were on non-system drive?: I have two drives on my PC, an SSD which I use mainly for Windows and a few core apps, and a 2TB HDD. Most of my really large apps ie games I installed on the HDD.My PC was starting to play up a bit, so I decided to try a Windows reset. I went for the option of keeping all my...
  9. After Windows10 reset, how to restore apps which were on non-system drive?

After Windows10 reset, how to restore apps which were on non-system drive?: I have two drives on my PC, an SSD which I use mainly for Windows and a few core apps, and a 2TB HDD. Most of my really large apps ie games I installed on the HDD.My PC was starting to play up a bit, so I decided to try a Windows reset. I went for the option of keeping all my...
  10. After Windows10 reset, how to restore apps which were on non-system drive?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade