Windows 10: Restoro is a scam!

Discus and support Restoro is a scam! in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Restoro is a scam!Restoro is actually marked as Low Risk from Norton 360 and has terrible reviews!If you think it is not a scam, reply saying... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by cool guyz, Sep 22, 2022.

1. cool guyz Win User

Restoro is a scam!

Restoro is a scam!Restoro is actually marked as Low Risk from Norton 360 and has terrible reviews!If you think it is not a scam, reply saying whyalthough it is a scam.

:)

cool guyz, Sep 22, 2022

2. Restoro Scam

Hello,

I installed Restoro a few days ago, as I saw many review sites say it was "safe" and useful. I used a free 24 hour key and "fixed" the problems with it. Before I got the free key, I bought the year service for one device and was struggling to get the key till yesterday. I got it and put the key in and it ran a full scan and "fixed" more issued it found. I restarted my computer and it detected no issues. I'd like to note I have Norton 360 as well and it didn't detect any issues until I stepped away from my computer and came back to a PUA.Superfluss detected and quarantined. Norton removed Restoro when I was away. Norton then restarted my computer and it said the PUA.Superfluss was fixed. Today I installed Malwarebytes and AdwCleaner to make sure all of it was gone. I ran MWB first and it found 11 PUP's in my registry and quarantined the issues and fixed them. I restarted and ran Adwcleaner which found and deleted 8 issues within my registry. I followed with a SFC and DISM to clean anything up that was left. Should I be worried about any saved cards, passwords, and private files that may have been stolen? I'm not sure if Restoro does all that besides being a remote access scam and downloading ****. I'm thinking of getting a new credit card but believe I was redirected to a third party site thats trusted before entering my info. I asked this somewhere else and was told to reinstall windows. Is this really a good recommendation? I just want to make sure before I commit to a full reinstall.

Austin M9731, Sep 22, 2022
  3. ptrthgr8 Win User
    Is Restoro a legit application?

Hi, all.

I've been running into some BSOD issues (already posted in that forum) and during me web searching came across some references to Restoro on other sites. When I looked specifically for Restoro reviews, I get a mixed bag of results - some users report it's a Godsend, others report it's a scam and waste of time/money that only makes things worse. I don't mind paying for software if it works well, but I'd hate the idea of paying for a yearly license for something that's not legit. I did end up purchasing the software, but the moment it was downloaded my Trend Micro Internet Security flagged it as a threat and removed it. So, I've not yet installed it (I know how to whitelist it if needed) since I want to make sure I'm not installing a junk application.

I did do a search on this site and found several references to Restoro that seems more positive than not, but all of those threads have been idle for several years now, so I'm not sure if there are any more recent opinions/thoughts about Restoro.

Thanks in advance!

Greg

ptrthgr8, Sep 22, 2022
  4. Smeed Win User

Restoro is a scam!

Smeed, Sep 22, 2022
Thema:

Restoro is a scam!

1. Restoro is a scam! - Similar Threads - Restoro scam

2. I cannot delete restoro can anyone help?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I cannot delete restoro can anyone help?: When I try to delete it I get this "Do you want to allow this app to make changes to your device". Click on Yes, then a popup appears: "There are pending system changes. You must reboot before you can uninstall Restoro, would you like to reboot now?"Rebooting just takes me...
  3. I cannot delete restoro can anyone help?

in Windows 10 Customization
    I cannot delete restoro can anyone help?: When I try to delete it I get this "Do you want to allow this app to make changes to your device". Click on Yes, then a popup appears: "There are pending system changes. You must reboot before you can uninstall Restoro, would you like to reboot now?"Rebooting just takes me...
  4. I cannot delete restoro can anyone help?

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Restoro auto subscription?

Restoro auto subscription?: I have just received an email stating that Restoro will bill my account for $399.99 unless I ring a number? I had used a free version of Restoro while trying to repair an old laptop The email comes from a gmail address, which makes me think it's a scam. This is the email...
  6. Restoro is a scam!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Restoro is a scam!: Restoro is a scam!Restoro is actually marked as Low Risk from Norton 360 and has terrible reviews!If you think it is not a scam, reply saying whyalthough it is a scam. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/restoro-is-a-scam/420190cf-c596-4bff-a617-8fc838bda397
  7. Restoro is a scam!

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Restoro is a scam!: Restoro is a scam!Restoro is actually marked as Low Risk from Norton 360 and has terrible reviews!If you think it is not a scam, reply saying whyalthough it is a scam. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/restoro-is-a-scam/420190cf-c596-4bff-a617-8fc838bda397
  8. Restoro Scam

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Restoro Scam: Hello,I installed Restoro a few days ago, as I saw many review sites say it was "safe" and useful. I used a free 24 hour key and "fixed" the problems with it. Before I got the free key, I bought the year service for one device and was struggling to get the key till yesterday....
  9. Restoro Scam

Restoro Scam: Hello,I installed Restoro a few days ago, as I saw many review sites say it was "safe" and useful. I used a free 24 hour key and "fixed" the problems with it. Before I got the free key, I bought the year service for one device and was struggling to get the key till yesterday....
  10. Restoro Scam

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security