Windows 10: Restrict an application to one occurrence

Discus and support Restrict an application to one occurrence in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I'd like to restrict my Family History software application to just one one occurrence, to minimise the possibility of making different alts on two... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by ColMac, May 4, 2021.

1. ColMac Win User

Restrict an application to one occurrence

I'd like to restrict my Family History software application to just one one occurrence, to minimise the possibility of making different alts on two different occurrences of the program I'm a home (WIn10 64) user, with a single user, and no network access to the software I want to limit. Is this possible?

:)

ColMac, May 4, 2021
  2. netrate Win User

Weird occurrence - desktop won't load, spinning wheel etc

Ok here is the MR steps to be sure I am completing this properly - same error thought.
    Step 1

Restrict an application to one occurrence [​IMG]

Step 2

Step 3

Step 4

step 5

Step 6 - Error

- - - Updated - - -

EDIT : I did what you said and tried without G (second time, didn't take screen shots), same error. I did notice that NTFS Primary 3 (NONE) doesn't have a drive letter associated with it?

netrate, May 4, 2021
  3. herzlich Win User
    Restrict Internet and SMS operation for certain Applications

Hi,

I was wondering if it is possible to restrict any installed application on N97 to restrict accessing Internet or network or sending any sms without asking permission ??

I have installed VOPIUM client and its automatically keep on sending SMS and huge list of SMS billing for me ot UK .

Java applications can be disabled by using Java Suit in Application Manager but I am not able to find any settings for SIS files.

Regards,

Zeeshan

herzlich, May 4, 2021
  4. Restrict an application to one occurrence

Multiple Occurrences for the Same Application in "App Volume and Device Preferences"

I'm currently trying to configure my audio settings to work as-needed for streaming with OBS, aided by VoiceMeeter Potato (VMP). In VMP I am seeing multiple occurrences of the same application under the same virtual outputs. After confirming with VoiceMeeter
    support that this is not a VMP issue (it's occurring because Windows has the apps listed multiple times under the "App Volume and Device Preferences" menu), I started looking into what I could do to resolve this issue.

Restrict an application to one occurrence ba9b1cc9-41db-4fe9-98f1-91bf38c1e5b8?upload=true.png

As you'll see from the highlighted items in the attached image, I have multiple occurrences of Discord and Microsoft Edge showing. Edge makes some sense, I suppose, since I have two instances of that application currently running, however, there's no distinction
    in the names and it would make sense (to me) that there should be a dropdown instead of two separate line items or just a single input/output selection for the app "Microsoft Edge."

However, with Discord, I only have one instance of the application running; there shouldn't be multiple examples of it in this menu if Edge is showing up because there's two windows open.

This system's just brutal for rerouting my audio and it's making this whole process far more complicated that it really ought to be.

Any suggestions?

JTViper1991, May 4, 2021
Thema:

Restrict an application to one occurrence

1. Restrict an application to one occurrence - Similar Threads - Restrict application occurrence

2. Frequent BSODs occurrence

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Frequent BSODs occurrence: Hi everyone, I'm so frustrated with what's happening to my PC right now, once every 2-3 days it will freeze to BSOD. This has been happening for the last 2-3 months. It had the same issue at the end of last year but it suddenly fixed itself but now it's coming back again.My...
  3. Frequent BSODs occurrence

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Frequent BSODs occurrence: Hi everyone, I'm so frustrated with what's happening to my PC right now, once every 2-3 days it will freeze to BSOD. This has been happening for the last 2-3 months. It had the same issue at the end of last year but it suddenly fixed itself but now it's coming back again.My...
  4. What to restrict application for user to use

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    What to restrict application for user to use: Hi , I want to restrict user to use specific applications , just like the PC in public area such as library . I just found there are some way to do it - kiosk mode and applocker , just would like to ask what is the most common way to do it ? I hv learned how to setup kiosk...
  5. What to restrict application for user to use

in Windows 10 Support
    What to restrict application for user to use: Hi , I want to restrict user to use specific applications , just like the PC in public area such as library . I just found there are some way to do it - kiosk mode and applocker , just would like to ask what is the most common way to do it ? I hv learned how to setup kiosk...
  6. Strange Occurrence

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Strange Occurrence: Whenever i have no audio playing and my room is quiet, whenever i move my mouse i hear a noise in my headphones that sounds like a beep, and it holds the sound for as long as i am moving my mouse...
  7. Multiple Occurrences for the Same Application in "App Volume and Device Preferences"

in Windows 10 Customization
    Multiple Occurrences for the Same Application in "App Volume and Device Preferences": I'm currently trying to configure my audio settings to work as-needed for streaming with OBS, aided by VoiceMeeter Potato VMP. In VMP I am seeing multiple occurrences of the same application under the same virtual outputs. After confirming with VoiceMeeter support that this...
  8. Restrict or reserve disk io per application?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Restrict or reserve disk io per application?: Anyone know an application who can do this for windows 10? Thx submitted by /u/user_982396 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/hwm3wx/restrict_or_reserve_disk_io_per_application/
  9. Restricted to install applications

in Windows 10 Customization
    Restricted to install applications: Bought a new dell precision laptop with pre-installed windows 10 home. However I am unable to install VLC and Shot video editor. Please help me figure this out....
  10. Frequent occurrence of BSODs

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Frequent occurrence of BSODs: This is my first post, so please excuse any formatting errors and lack of basic knowledge of computers. Also, this is going to be a long post, so strap in. I bought my laptop, MSI GV62 8RE-050IN, over a year and half ago (sometime in August 2018) and ever since I bought...