Windows 10: Restrict and limit back-ups while using private Wifi at home.

Discus and support Restrict and limit back-ups while using private Wifi at home. in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hi - I am working from home using our private Wifi - Data contract - how can I restrict back-ups being created? To limit data usage? I basically need... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Dippenaar Vicki, Dec 4, 2019.

1. Restrict and limit back-ups while using private Wifi at home.

Hi - I am working from home using our private Wifi - Data contract - how can I restrict back-ups being created? To limit data usage? I basically need to do emails and do some online training

:)

Dippenaar Vicki, Dec 4, 2019

2. Wifi limited connection problem

Thanks for your concern. I am experiencing this problem with private wifi. Public hotspot seems to be fine.Wireless Status Channel11[2.462GHZ,Upper].. After connecting to the wifi it shows limited. And cant surf the internet. Ethernet is doing fine

Amansundas, Dec 4, 2019
  3. Sasqui Win User
    Overclocking / Undervolting guide for Vega 56 or 64?

Here's a quick laundry list:

List of software to use for overclocking and testing
    Examples:
    Wattman (and how to find and use it, like an overview, including profiles)
    Unigine Valley or Heaven (use this for quick testing while changing settings in Wattman and checking for stability / artifacts) ...just suggesting this
    How to monitor cores / mem speeds and temps during testing (I've seen screen overlays, and others using GPUz)

Step-by step overclocking in Wattman
    Fan speeds
    Power limit
    Temp limit
    Voltages
    Core speeds
    Memory speeds

Sasqui, Dec 4, 2019
  4. Restrict and limit back-ups while using private Wifi at home.

Limited WiFi Connection

I have recently upgraded to Windows 10 and now my internet connection is limited for my WiFi.

When i try connect to my modem i just get limited connection but when I use my mobile phone hotspot it works just fine.

I have tried the following;

To manually reset TCP/IP, follow these steps:

Note: You must be logged on to the computer as an administrator to perform the steps.

1. On the Start search box, type CMD. In the search results, right-click Command Prompt, and then clickRun as administrator.

2. At the command prompt, enter the following command, and then press Enter:netsh int ip reset c:\resetlog.txt--

AND

I would suggest you to update the drivers for the network adapter.

Steps update the drivers for the network adapter.

Refer the following steps.

• Click Start and type devmgmt.msc, and then Enter. The Device Manager window opens.

b) Expand Network Adapter.

c) Right click on the wireless network card and select Uninstall.

d) Restart the computer. Windows should now install the drivers itself.

e) Update the drivers in the same way but by selecting Update driver.
    AND

Flushed and Renewed DNS

AND

Disabled DNS Server on my router

RobertPriest, Dec 4, 2019
Thema:

Restrict and limit back-ups while using private Wifi at home.

1. Restrict and limit back-ups while using private Wifi at home. - Similar Threads - Restrict limit ups

2. WIFI interrupts while in use

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    WIFI interrupts while in use: I have my updated my WIFI from my manufacturer and I still keep getting interrupted in my WIFI connection. I have HP laptop and my other device does not have issue at all. This connection is strong and I dont have this issue before. The PC is updated to latest version as well...
  3. Public or Private Home Wifi and Network Firewall settings?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Public or Private Home Wifi and Network Firewall settings?: I am a home user. I am confused as I read different descriptions of Public and Private and where they are used. What should my Home Wifi and Network Firewall be set as? Are the Wifi settings and Network Firewall settings two different Public and Private settings? 1. Windows...
  4. Public or Private Home Wifi and Network Firewall settings?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Public or Private Home Wifi and Network Firewall settings?: I am a home user. I am confused as I read different descriptions of Public and Private and where they are used. What should my Home Wifi and Network Firewall be set as? Are the Wifi settings and Network Firewall settings two different Public and Private settings? 1. Windows...
  5. home private neworking

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    home private neworking: I have multiple computers connected to the same router. One connected directly via ethernet, the rest via wireless. They all can see each other but do not have permission to be allowed access to any other computer. All sharing options are active and set to everyone. What am I...
  6. Wifi Private orPublic ?

Wifi Private orPublic ?: I have a constant problem. My WiFi changes from Private to Public. I have several times changed the property to private but was unsuccessful. I need to sort this issue as it bugs me....
  7. screen limit & content restrictions

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    screen limit & content restrictions: it appears that the family->child->Content Restrictions blocks use of google chrome browser when enabled for any age group. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/screen-limit-content-restrictions/4c407d53-57be-414c-b5d8-a772911a8b84
  8. Using internet while backing up

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Using internet while backing up: Hello, I was wondering if someone could help me. Is it possible to use the internet while backing up to a system image. I've done it in the past..no problem. But, recently, I've had some computer issues and I want to kind of play it safe. I've searched for my question in...
  9. Using 'open' access Wifi point instead of connected private wifi.

Using 'open' access Wifi point instead of connected private wifi.: I was at a home today and connected to their private home network on a Surface Pro 4. This showed their network as Connected. However, the internet kept going to a local open BT network instead! I couldn't select this open network anywhere to exclude it. Thinking about it...
  10. Wifi Limited (at home connection only)

Wifi Limited (at home connection only): HI, i know the title sound familiar and you would tell me to open this or that thread about ip configuration. Not that i dont want to listen to you guys, but here the situation: -i have a laptop with 2 OS, win 7 and 10 (win 10 as primary, win 7 only to play games) -i have...