Windows 10: restrict office users internet access... prevent data tampering?

Discus and support restrict office users internet access... prevent data tampering? in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; with nearly 2500 posts i'm sure the answer lurks somewhere here but time is of the essence... in short i need to restrict access on three work-based... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by gabrielsmit, Jan 15, 2020.

1. restrict office users internet access... prevent data tampering?

with nearly 2500 posts i'm sure the answer lurks somewhere here but time is of the essence... in short i need to restrict access on three work-based [office personnel] pcs with win10 pro, i.e. create user accounts with limited access to the net plus some local folders and prevent the users from deleting browser history etc. no use paying salaries to people wandering around in cyberspace in stead of crunching numbers...
    its not a matter of big brother watching over everything, its more like disciplining your children... if you get my drift *Smile

:)

gabrielsmit, Jan 15, 2020

2. restrict office users internet access... prevent data tampering?

with nearly 2500 posts i'm sure the answer lurks somewhere here but time is of the essence... in short i need to restrict access on three work-based [office personnel] pcs with win10 pro, i.e. create user accounts with limited access to the net plus some local folders and prevent the users from deleting browser history etc. no use paying salaries to people wandering around in cyberspace in stead of crunching numbers...
    its not a matter of big brother watching over everything, its more like disciplining your children... if you get my drift *Smile
    in other words just short of actively monitoring employees pc use, i would like to restrict it and prevent the deletion of usage history

gabrielsmit, Jan 15, 2020
  3. Preventing access to modern app

Ive been tasked with preventing the children from accessing instagram. I've got it listed in my windows hosts file and internet options/security/restricted site but the windows 10 app is still allowing access. Any suggestions other then deleting app which can just be reinstalled?

FrostyWinnipeg, Jan 15, 2020
  4. Arun B J Win User

restrict office users internet access... prevent data tampering?

Unable to set restriction for local user in Windows 10

Hi,

I realized your concern and will assist you to resolve the issue.

• How did you noticed that user is still able to access the drive?

• Did you log into the local user account and check the permission?
    I suggest you to follow the steps below to restrict the user.

• In File Explorer, right click on the drive which you want to restrict.
    • Click Properties.
    • Click the Security tab.
    • Click on Edit to change the permissions.
    • Uncheck all the permission for system.
    • Click OK and make sure the change is applied to all subfolders and files.

Your reply is very important for us to ensure a proper resolution. Please get back to us with the above information in order to assist you accordingly.

Thanks and regards.

Arun B J, Jan 15, 2020
Thema:

restrict office users internet access... prevent data tampering?

1. restrict office users internet access... prevent data tampering? - Similar Threads - restrict office users

2. "Account restrictions are preventing this user from signing in" when trying to access passwords

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "Account restrictions are preventing this user from signing in" when trying to access passwords: I am trying to view my passwords in Microsoft Edge. It asks me to enter my computer pin and when I do I get this error message. "Account restrictions are preventing this user from signing in."How do I update my account to disable any restrictions?...
  3. "Account restrictions are preventing this user from signing in" when trying to access passwords

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    "Account restrictions are preventing this user from signing in" when trying to access passwords: I am trying to view my passwords in Microsoft Edge. It asks me to enter my computer pin and when I do I get this error message. "Account restrictions are preventing this user from signing in."How do I update my account to disable any restrictions?...
  4. "Account restrictions are preventing this user from signing in" when trying to access passwords

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Restrict Hide access to programs by user

in Windows 10 Customization
    Restrict Hide access to programs by user: We recently installed several new Win10 computers one of which will be shared by several users. More a matter of limited space than anything else.There are a couple programs on the one unit we do NOT want other users to have access to, let alone see in the start menu or as a...
  6. User access restriction to only user profile

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    User access restriction to only user profile: Hi Team,How can I restrict a user to only access his profile C:\Users\exampleuser1.Rest everything should be locked such as folders in C drive the user shouldn't be able to create any folders in C drive or any. Standard read or write access to Program Files or Windows should...
  7. Internet access on a restricted machine

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Internet access on a restricted machine: Hi fellow redditers, I have a restricted PC where I can not change the workgroup. It does not have a Wi-Fi adapter, and I do not have an Ethernet cable long enough to connect it to my router. However, I have a laptop connected to the Internet, but I can't create an internal...
  8. Restrict Internet Access for Apps?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Restrict Internet Access for Apps?: [IMG] Hi Guys! Im a bit paranoid about what goes in and out of my pc, and i wanted to know if theres an app for my fears. Im looking for something that blocks ALL apps, best case including windows, from accessing the internet without asking me, kinda the same way User...
  9. Update on Plans to Restrict Data Access on Facebook

in Windows 10 News
    Update on Plans to Restrict Data Access on Facebook: Two weeks ago we promised to take a hard look at the information apps can use when you connect them to Facebook as well as other data practices. Today, we want to update you on the changes we’re making to better protect your Facebook information. We expect to make more...
  10. Unifying Data Loss Prevention in Office 365

in Windows 10 News
    Unifying Data Loss Prevention in Office 365: All organizations, regardless of size and industry, have data that they consider sensitive. Data Loss Prevention (DLP) is an important capability for protecting this information from getting into the wrong hands. We are always looking to enhance the DLP solution in Office 365...