Windows 10: Restrict OneDrive

Discus and support Restrict OneDrive in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; To whom it may concern, I do not want my OneDrive to sync with my computer automatically. I only want the OneDrive to be enabled when I choose to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by AimeeKirk, May 18, 2019.

1. AimeeKirk Win User

Restrict OneDrive

To whom it may concern,

I do not want my OneDrive to sync with my computer automatically. I only want the OneDrive to be enabled when I choose to enable it.

How do I stop the OneDrive from activating automatically?

:)

AimeeKirk, May 18, 2019

2. Windows 10 - OneDrive

Right click on the app and one of the properties has an option to not automatically start it. Uncheck, restart the computer, and it should stop. If you want to go another step further, find the OneDrive app in the start menu, right click on it and uninstall.

If that is still insufficient, there is a batch uninstaller for OneDrive available online. I can copy the code here if you need it.

FordGT90Concept, May 18, 2019
  3. Onedrive

Hi Hiatt,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I suggest you to refer the article Find
    lost or missing files in OneDrive
    for more information regarding the missing files.

If the issue still persists please follow the steps to contact
    OneDrive support for further assistance on this issue.

1. Login to OneDrive.com.
    2. Click the ? Help icon on the top banner of the page.
    3. Select Email OneDrive support for the further assistance.

Muralidhar

Microsoft Community Moderator

Muralidhar_G, May 18, 2019
  4. Restrict OneDrive

OneDrive folder icon changed to plain

Hi,

Thank you for replying.

I understand your concern and suggest you to Unlink OneDrive and run OneDrive setup
    again and check. Here is the steps:

• Right-click the white OneDrive cloud icon in the notification area, at the far right of the taskbar.

Restrict OneDrive ce960e20-2ea4-4298-8ec8-8399b1b20e20.png

(You might need to click the Show hidden icons arrow next to the notification area to see the
      OneDrive icon.)

• Click Settings, and then click Unlink.

• Follow the steps in the Welcome to OneDrive wizard to set up OneDrive.
    Do notify us if the issue still persists and we'll be glad to help.

Navneet Anand, May 18, 2019
Thema:

Restrict OneDrive

1. Restrict OneDrive - Similar Threads - Restrict OneDrive

2. MSN restricted access to my profile to post comments because they claim I violated the Code...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    MSN restricted access to my profile to post comments because they claim I violated the Code...: 'Community Guidelines' are doing censoring quite regularly. MSN is even censoring comments with wording that's innocuous. The comments I enter are not threatening or harass any single individual. My comments basically reciprocate the content discussed in the article and it...
  3. MSN restricted access to my profile to post comments because they claim I violated the Code...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    MSN restricted access to my profile to post comments because they claim I violated the Code...: 'Community Guidelines' are doing censoring quite regularly. MSN is even censoring comments with wording that's innocuous. The comments I enter are not threatening or harass any single individual. My comments basically reciprocate the content discussed in the article and it...
  4. Protecting Onedrive file share with both restrictive email access and password

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Protecting Onedrive file share with both restrictive email access and password: Hello,Currently trying to find a way to send a link only to specific emails with onedrive that will also allow me to password protect the link like I'm able to do when sending files via "share link with anyone" as opposed to "people you choose". Is there any way to do this?...
  5. Protecting Onedrive file share with both restrictive email access and password

Protecting Onedrive file share with both restrictive email access and password: Hello,Currently trying to find a way to send a link only to specific emails with onedrive that will also allow me to password protect the link like I'm able to do when sending files via "share link with anyone" as opposed to "people you choose". Is there any way to do this?...
  6. Restrict personal account login to OneDrive

Restrict personal account login to OneDrive: We use Microsoft 365 and are looking to restrict users on our domain registered devices from linking a personal OneDrive account on their device.Can someone tell me how this is possible, potentially through defender for cloud apps?thanks,Jon...
  7. Restrict personal account login to OneDrive

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Restrict personal account login to OneDrive: We use Microsoft 365 and are looking to restrict users on our domain registered devices from linking a personal OneDrive account on their device.Can someone tell me how this is possible, potentially through defender for cloud apps?thanks,Jon...
  8. Restrict personal account login to OneDrive

in Windows 10 Gaming
  9. Does BitLocker also restrict access to OneDrive on mobile and web apps?

Does BitLocker also restrict access to OneDrive on mobile and web apps?: I recently encrypted my entire C Drive which is an SSD where Windows is installed using BitLocker so that no one can access it without a password. Now, I am wondering if I should also encrypt other drives using BitLocker like my D, E, F and G drives. These 4 drives are...
  10. Are hard drives ever cloned into the onedrive personal vault? If not why am I restricted...

Are hard drives ever cloned into the onedrive personal vault? If not why am I restricted...: So I already deleted the onedrive files that were on the visible to me portion of the MS servers. However I am not allowed to see what either is or was in my personal vault. Why call it my personal vault if I have ABSOLUTELY no access to the contents? Furthermore...