Windows 10: Restricted access between the computers on my net work

Discus and support Restricted access between the computers on my net work in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I recently updated my computer to version 2004 features update. I can no longer connect to the other two computers on my network and they cannot... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by GerryMosby, May 30, 2020.

1. Restricted access between the computers on my net work

I recently updated my computer to version 2004 features update. I can no longer connect to the other two computers on my network and they cannot connect to each other.. I'm getting a message saying I'm blocked by account restriction.

They were all able to connect to each other, before i updated them. Sharing and security is still where it used to, before the update.

All three computers are using windows 10 OS. My network is Ethernet and goes through a router with a 26 character password.

Any suggestions?

Thank You

:)

GerryMosby, May 30, 2020
  2. taward Win User

One computer cannot access other network computers.

So I've tried every troubleshooting step I know:
    • Double checked that Net Bios was enabled
    • Ran a bunch of network commands:
      • flushed DNS
      • registered dns
      • pinged and located the named computers successfully
    • Reset my router to factory settings

Nothing works when I try to access via explorer. I'm still baffled by the fact that every other computer can access each other AND access this computer. It's just the outgoing connection from this machine that doesn't work.

Any thoughts?

taward, May 30, 2020
  3. bencrutz Win User
    Computer on network can't get ip through DCHP or Static ip...

check if the dhcp server have a mac address white-list. if so, enter the mac address to that list. sometimes net admin restrict access to only known mac addresses.

bencrutz, May 30, 2020
  4. Restricted access between the computers on my net work

Microsoft .NET Framework, Unhandled exception

Hi,

Welcome to Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to un-check and recheck .Net framework 3.5 and .Net framework 4.6 advance series from Windows features.

Try the following steps:

• Press Windows + R keys to open Run command.
    • Type Appwiz.cpl and select "turn Windows feature on or off" from the left
    • Uncheck .Net framework 3.5 and .Net framework 4.6 advance series.
    • Restart the computer
    • Repeat step 1 and 2 and check .Net framework 3.5 and .Net framework 4.6 advance series.
    • Restart the computer.
    Regards,

Waseemulla S, May 30, 2020
Thema:

Restricted access between the computers on my net work

1. Restricted access between the computers on my net work - Similar Threads - Restricted access between

2. Restrict Software access

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Restrict Software access: I have a problem i cannot seem to find the answer for.I'm using my computer for my business. On it, I have sensitive data via Dropbox that I don't want my employees to have access to. So I'm going to set up a new user account. But in my experience, when I set up a new user...
  3. Restrict Software access

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Restrict Software access: I have a problem i cannot seem to find the answer for.I'm using my computer for my business. On it, I have sensitive data via Dropbox that I don't want my employees to have access to. So I'm going to set up a new user account. But in my experience, when I set up a new user...
  4. .Net/IIS Upload Restriction?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    .Net/IIS Upload Restriction?: Hello,I am running a .NET Core 5.0 web app on an on-prem Windows server running IIS 10. One of the requirements for the app is that users need to be able to upload files, mainly PDFs and Word/Excel files. There seems to be a strange restriction on the upload size: files under...
  5. .Net/IIS Upload Restriction?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    .Net/IIS Upload Restriction?: Hello,I am running a .NET Core 5.0 web app on an on-prem Windows server running IIS 10. One of the requirements for the app is that users need to be able to upload files, mainly PDFs and Word/Excel files. There seems to be a strange restriction on the upload size: files under...
  6. Surface Hub and Restricted Group access - not working

in Windows 10 Customization
    Surface Hub and Restricted Group access - not working: We have reset our original Surface Hubs to fix issues with Teams launching consistently. During the reset we joined the device to Azure AD instead of the local AD. This means we did not assign a local group with permissions to access the Settings app on the Surface Hub.I have...
  7. One Drive - access between computers

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    One Drive - access between computers: How do I get One Drive folders to show up on another computer? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/one-drive-access-between-computers/e2b985fc-e86b-4ff8-abee-db98c3f90c00
  8. Home working - Restrict network access to PC

Home working - Restrict network access to PC: Hi I've got a site to site VPN used to connect me with the office which is done via my router. This has a rule set to route traffic to one PC. How do ensure that no one in the office is able to log into my pc or access any shares on my PC ? The VPN is only for me to access...
  9. Restrict access to a drive

Restrict access to a drive: Hi all, My PC use to be solely mine, and now others will be able to use it soon, in preparation for that, I am trying to restrict access to a certain drive so that i can only access it! I have tried a google search and nothing came up for anything remotely close without...
  10. Restricting Networking Access

Restricting Networking Access: I have two Pcs let A & B. Both are connected through LAN and both are having Windows 10 installed. In both the computer there are two accounts viz. Administrator and Guest. I have restricted the access of Guests in Administrator Account. Now I want to restrict the access of...