Windows 10: Restricted access on the admin account - how to solve

Discus and support Restricted access on the admin account - how to solve in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi, Question: How do I grant myself the actual admin rights on Win10 to make the system usable. In short, I am the owner and the only user of a new... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Lagr3n, Apr 13, 2021.

1. Lagr3n Win User

Restricted access on the admin account - how to solve

Hi,

Question: How do I grant myself the actual admin rights on Win10 to make the system usable.

In short, I am the owner and the only user of a new PC with Win10 Home, in contrary to my previous also Win10/ Win7/ XP machines, I seem to lack basic rights of the 'PC owner'/ 'admin'

As an example, I cannot even create any file txt/ xls/ anything in most of the folders even though in theory I am in the admin group.

Restricted access on the admin account - how to solve 4c7d2929-9acb-4782-a586-4ee814f93bd7?upload=true.png

I tried the usual/ standard ways of dealing with this issue, but the lusrmgr does not work

Restricted access on the admin account - how to solve 94508848-353a-4615-b0e0-b98c4434997f?upload=true.png

neither can it be added/ enabled via console root:

Restricted access on the admin account - how to solve 5ad2b657-fcb2-46ee-8f70-f7d0edd235b7?upload=true.png

Of course following the Windows guidelines and trying to use the UAC does not make any difference changed protection level to the lowest, still not being able to create files in folders. Extremely annoying.

Best

:)

Lagr3n, Apr 13, 2021

2. Access denied to C disk and lost admin rights to system admin account

Hi everyone, i lost administrator right then I can't access c drive so how to solve this problem, please give me step to step instructions for solve this problem

Modified title from: (SOLVED] Access denied to C disk and lost admin rights to system admin account)

ROHIT singh RAWAT, Apr 13, 2021
  3. angus Win User
    Settings can't be opened using the built-in administrator account

Hello,
    Unfortunately I have the same issue as Dabz from upgrading win7 to win10.
    I've tried opening settings using all the suggested methods and it will not load using my account with Administrator access nor the built-in Administrator profile. I also tried other methods not listed such as using Run. Control panel is just a stepping stone to add users in Settings.
    I'm also having explorer.exe issues, which I believe is preventing Settings from loading.
    Using cmd (Admin) I successfully created a new user profile [and granted admin access also using cmd (Admin)], however win10 will not allow this account to log on. win10 does not list this new user within control panel but it does in the start menu. win10 will not allow to log in or switch to the new account via the start menu either.
    I can access settings in Safe Mode but this will not allow me to create a new account.
    Any help/suggestions will be greatly appreciated.
    Cheers

angus, Apr 13, 2021
  4. Vesao Win User

Remove account

I suggest you backup your personalized files first before removing the account.
    To delete an account, follow these steps:
    1. Press WIN + X keys and click Command Prompt (Admin) from the menu.
    2. Type the following command and press Enter. Replace test with the name of your sister's account. Code:

Vesao, Apr 13, 2021
Thema:

1. Restricted access on the admin account - how to solve - Similar Threads - Restricted access admin

2. No Admin access on admin account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No Admin access on admin account: On my home PC I can no longer do basic things like extract files, open task manager, power down or restart my pc because it says it has been disabled by an admin and requires administrator to do it. The only user on my pc has administrator privileges I've even checked in the...
  3. No Admin access on admin account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    No Admin access on admin account: On my home PC I can no longer do basic things like extract files, open task manager, power down or restart my pc because it says it has been disabled by an admin and requires administrator to do it. The only user on my pc has administrator privileges I've even checked in the...
  4. How to remove family restriction at a local admin account?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to remove family restriction at a local admin account?: I am using my WIN 11 PC with a local administrator account. My son accessed the Windows Store and maybe more with his email and downloaded a game in my account. As a result, my local account is linked to his family security and restricts my access.The computer is not...
  5. How to remove family restriction at a local admin account?

How to remove family restriction at a local admin account?: I am using my WIN 11 PC with a local administrator account. My son accessed the Windows Store and maybe more with his email and downloaded a game in my account. As a result, my local account is linked to his family security and restricts my access.The computer is not...
  6. Restrict another admin from accessing a drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Restrict another admin from accessing a drive: Hi, I need to hide my drive D from another administrator on my PC, so they can't open it.I think it's done from the permissions settings, but I don't wanna mess anything up. Can anyone provide me with a step-by-step tutorial? Thank youI'm using Windows 10 pro - 21H2...
  7. Restrict another admin from accessing a drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Restrict another admin from accessing a drive: Hi, I need to hide my drive D from another administrator on my PC, so they can't open it.I think it's done from the permissions settings, but I don't wanna mess anything up. Can anyone provide me with a step-by-step tutorial? Thank youI'm using Windows 10 pro - 21H2...
  8. Restrict another admin from accessing a drive

9. Admin restriction

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Admin restriction: Hi! I keep getting a message every time I open up one of my games on a personal computer and it says something about "Contact your system administrator for more info." And I don't know how to fix it. And yes it is a personal computer. What do I do? [ATTACH]...
  10. How Do I Remove Admin Account Restrictions

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    How Do I Remove Admin Account Restrictions: Hey all, I'm trying to find a way to tell windows 10 to ignore all it's default settings and let me have completely unrestricted access to my computer. My windows 10 laptop is expressly intended for useless junk wherein getting a virus, pup, or whatever doesn't mean a damn...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows partition is on restricted mode even im the admin

2. restricted administrator account