Windows 10: restricted admin permissions

Discus and support restricted admin permissions in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I am trying to add a .dll file to an existing folder and I get the message that I do not have the correct permissions and I need to and have to contact... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by PhilGuy1, Aug 20, 2019.

1. PhilGuy1 Win User

restricted admin permissions

I am trying to add a .dll file to an existing folder and I get the message that I do not have the correct permissions and I need to and have to contact the administrator.

I am the sole user of the computer and my account is set as administrator.

I'm a basic computer user so answers need to be simple restricted admin permissions :)

Thanks in advance...

:)

PhilGuy1, Aug 20, 2019
  2. Arun B J Win User

Unable to set restriction for local user in Windows 10

Hi,

I realized your concern and will assist you to resolve the issue.

• How did you noticed that user is still able to access the drive?

• Did you log into the local user account and check the permission?
    I suggest you to follow the steps below to restrict the user.

• In File Explorer, right click on the drive which you want to restrict.
    • Click Properties.
    • Click the Security tab.
    • Click on Edit to change the permissions.
    • Uncheck all the permission for system.
    • Click OK and make sure the change is applied to all subfolders and files.

Your reply is very important for us to ensure a proper resolution. Please get back to us with the above information in order to assist you accordingly.

Thanks and regards.

Arun B J, Aug 20, 2019
  3. Namslas90 Win User
    admin password?

You can reset the Admin Password using Windows XP repair; See Here for step by step.

*Toast :toast:

Namslas90, Aug 20, 2019
  4. restricted admin permissions

permissions

Well, if he is already an administrator and connected the drive, Admin User will be in the list. His name may or may not be. If he is an Admin, which he is, and can not access the drive, then adding his name to the list when the admin is the owner, may not
    do anything. Then if he can not even access the drive with Admin Owner, he may not even be able to add his name to the list. But from experience running 5 to 10 drives at a time for years, System could even be the drive owner, therefore this could be the reason
    for denying access to him as an ADMIN. Or simply, his permissions have been corrupt. even if there is an admins in the list with limited permissions, he can add another admins user with full permissions IF he is even allow to do so and delete the current ADMINS
    in list.

AND IF HE IS DENIED ACCESS TO THE DRIVE AS AN ADMIN, I DOUBT HE WILL BE ALLOWED TO JUST ADD HIS NAME WHEN RESTRICTED FOR ACCESS IF THE OWNER IS ALREADY ADMINS AND ESPECIALLY THEN NOT HAVE ACCESS TO DRIVE. Ooops, caps were on, Sorry.

Been there did this 100 times with many situations. He may even have to do this in Safe Mode if he can not change owner or get access.

It just all depends.

seahawks65, Aug 20, 2019
Thema:

restricted admin permissions

1. restricted admin permissions - Similar Threads - restricted admin permissions

2. unwanted permission restrictions on directory

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    unwanted permission restrictions on directory: I have a directory on an external drive that has become password protected with no read access. We did not create these access restrictions and don't know how they happened. Any attempt to read from the directory gets a message about not having read access. Any attempt to...
  3. Override admin restrictions?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Override admin restrictions?: Hi there I bought a pretty decent laptop at a garage sale for dirt cheap because the guy said it was an old work machine that he’d lost/forgotten the password for. Anyway, I managed to reset the admin password and log in using win4key but I still can’t run .exe files etc......
  4. Admin restriction

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Admin restriction: Hi! I keep getting a message every time I open up one of my games on a personal computer and it says something about "Contact your system administrator for more info." And I don't know how to fix it. And yes it is a personal computer. What do I do? [ATTACH]...
  5. Admin permissions

in Windows 10 Customization
    Admin permissions: So, in the printers permission dialog box I somehow checked that no one has permission to control a printer. I cannot remove printer to start over again and reset permissions. Is there any work around as an admin to personal computer to correct this. I removed all instance...
  6. Admin Permissions

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Admin Permissions: I am the sole user of my laptop. I am the administrator, as well. I'm trying to move some music files from 1 USB flash drive to another. I keep getting a message stating I will need to provide administrative permissions to copy this file. When I continue I'm then required...
  7. Admin Permission

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Admin Permission: I started off today trying to make a system image using a DVD+R disc without success. A pop up told me to name a disc and insert it even though there was one in there spinning like mad. After that, I tried to format it as I was told to try that after a Google search but...
  8. Removal of admin restrictions

Removal of admin restrictions: Hi, all, I was wondering if you could tell me if it is possible to remove administrator account/restrictions. I will receive an email when someone responds. Thanks 18jamie.jones...
  9. Admin restriction removal

Admin restriction removal: Hi, all, I am wondering how you remove administrator restrictions on this computer. If you know, please respond, I will be waiting for when you are ready. Thanks 18jamie.jones...
  10. No admin permissions

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    No admin permissions: I have a problem regarding permissions on my Asus laptop, running windows 10 home. If for example wanting to run cmd as administrator I am prevented from doing so by this message : 'Do you want to allow this app to make changes to your device' To continue:'' enter an admin...