Windows 10: Restricted Admin Privileges even though I AM THE ADMIN

Discus and support Restricted Admin Privileges even though I AM THE ADMIN in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Okay, I have encountered this issue before and I am quite literally annoyed with Windows now. I own the computer so yes it's a personal computer and I... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by WhiteWolfman426, May 16, 2020.

1. Restricted Admin Privileges even though I AM THE ADMIN

Okay, I have encountered this issue before and I am quite literally annoyed with Windows now. I own the computer so yes it's a personal computer and I am the sole admin/user of said computer.

So this is nothing new but Windows has this weird lock on the Admin position regardless if you own it or not. It's a programming error where even if you are marked as an Admin it doesn't work I would assume

Anyway, I was trying to help out a friend in trying the Quick Assist App provided by Windows. It came back with the following.

C:/windows/system32/quickassist.exe

A referral was returned from the server.

1. So then I tried running as administrator same code.
    2. Went into the application and changed all security setting to allow all access. Same code.
    3. I found out to get onto the hidden administrator tried to run it again. Same code.
    4. I tried fixing the Registry and Group Policy on the Hidden Administrator. Same Code.
    5. I effectively turned off/hidden the hidden administrator. Still the same error code.
    6. I tried fixing the Registry and Group Policy on my sole Administrator Account. Still the same error code.
    7. Followed this guy's YouTube video. https://youtu.be/G-SGne2JuLw Still the same error code.

Before you ask yes I restarted the comp several times to try and restart the system after each step but still no go.
    So now what can I do to fix this? Better question what can I do to make sure I never encounter this issue ever again?

Also, if anybody from Windows sees this. Please pass the word along that this is a consistent issue that many users have. So please fix the messed up programing so your users don't have a hard time using your product.

:)

WhiteWolfman426, May 16, 2020
  2. DAC
    DaC Win User

Virtual Machine on a flash Drive without admin privileges

so... no go for vpc without admin privileges ?

3. Virtual Machine on a flash Drive without admin privileges

you get admin privileges, or you don't run VPC.

Chris

aximbigfan, May 16, 2020
  4. Namslas90 Win User

Restricted Admin Privileges even though I AM THE ADMIN

admin password?

You can reset the Admin Password using Windows XP repair; See Here for step by step.

*Toast :toast:

Namslas90, May 16, 2020
Thema:

Restricted Admin Privileges even though I AM THE ADMIN

1. Restricted Admin Privileges even though I AM THE ADMIN - Similar Threads - Restricted Admin Privileges

2. Restrictions In Effect... Contact Admin... I AM the Admin!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Restrictions In Effect... Contact Admin... I AM the Admin!: HI allLong story short, I have been running Windows 7 Pro for YEARS and now need to set up all my "stuff" in Windows 10. Most programs, etc I have been able to figure out BUT I need help with Outlook right now.I have Office 2003 installed and it all seems to be working OK....
  3. Restrictions In Effect... Contact Admin... I AM the Admin!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Restrictions In Effect... Contact Admin... I AM the Admin!: HI allLong story short, I have been running Windows 7 Pro for YEARS and now need to set up all my "stuff" in Windows 10. Most programs, etc I have been able to figure out BUT I need help with Outlook right now.I have Office 2003 installed and it all seems to be working OK....
  4. Restrictions In Effect... Contact Admin... I AM the Admin!

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Need admin privileges but I am the admin

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Need admin privileges but I am the admin: I am trying to install an app that I know is safe, but windows 10 is blocking me from doing so. It is telling me that the admin is blocking it, though I am logged on to the admin account. I cannot deploy my C# application due to this error. I am on an ASUS laptop...
  6. No Admin privileges but i am admin

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    No Admin privileges but i am admin: Hi guys, I am having troubles with my pc,it it been a couple of month i have tried almost everything. My Pc Win 10 home Architecture 64 bit i5/8gb/4gb nvidia 1650 Symptoms •100% gpu usage. •Glitches while playing video. •High temperature without performing tasks....
  7. Can't get all of the Admin privileges even though my account is the Admin

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Can't get all of the Admin privileges even though my account is the Admin: Hello, I've been searching all around this forum but so far I couldn't stumble upon any proper solution that I need. My problem is the title: The account I am using is an Admin but each time I am trying to install or uninstall anything UAC disturbs me with another...
  8. admin privileges

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    admin privileges: Hi, Even since I bought my PC, I noticed that whenever I needed to make a change in setting I received a message saying I was not the administrator. In order to run CDM to try to make a change, it tell me that the operation requires elevation (run as administrator) Why is...
  9. Why can't I run any programs as admin even though I am the admin!!!

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Why can't I run any programs as admin even though I am the admin!!!: When I logged on to my computer I went to go run task manager for something and nothing happened. I thought it was weird so I tried to run device manager so see if that would launch and still nothing. I then began to launch other programs and those all ran normally but when...
  10. No Admin privileges.

in Windows 10 Support
    No Admin privileges.: I purchased a new Alienware computer 2 weeks ago and a couple days ago I noticed I couldn't access my Pictures folder. I also noticed I couldn't do any Admin tasks. I can't open task manager, Open any exe. files and when I right click on C drive I get Access is denied. I...