Windows 10: Restricted Mode and SafeSearch are enabled for everything permanently

Discus and support Restricted Mode and SafeSearch are enabled for everything permanently in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Restricted Mode is of course for YouTube and SafeSearch is for all search engines. Both were enabled yesterday for no apparent reason, and when I go to... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by GalaxiVerse, Nov 29, 2019.

1. Restricted Mode and SafeSearch are enabled for everything permanently

Restricted Mode is of course for YouTube and SafeSearch is for all search engines. Both were enabled yesterday for no apparent reason, and when I go to turn them off like a quick Google search suggests then it will turn itself on again.

This applies on Incognito mode (which regularly does not happen), on every browser, and all the regular search engines like Google, Yahoo, and Bing, all unable to switch them off. It's unavoidable even with another account or no account logged in at all.

So far the only solution I come up with is using a mobile hotspot which negates all of the above and lets me use YouTube again. Does not remove my SafeSearch though.

Why exactly has this happened? I'd blame my individual internet connection, but my phone uses the same one and it doesn't have these problems. It can turn on and off Restricted Mode on the same account and it has no SafeSearch. Only on this PC on my connection does this problem occur.

Restricted Mode does not appear to be on at all, nor is the lock. But it still functions as if it were enabled and locked.

Bing has strict mode which claims it is enforced by where I live despite the fact that I'm in the U.S. where SafeSearch is not enforced. The quote, "Your country or region requires a strict Bing SafeSearch setting, which filters out results that might return adult content. If you're seeing adult content, tell us about it so we can filter it in the future. To learn more about SafeSearch requirements in your country or region, see How Bing delivers search results"

I have no Family Link settings or any family-related search settings on that accidentally hinder my browsing. Those are not set up.

:)

GalaxiVerse, Nov 29, 2019
  2. Aera Rua Win User

taking off safesearch

Hi Rebecca,

Turning off SafeSearch is different for every search engines and turning it off will not any filter adult contents, so it might not be safe if there are minors around. Here are different steps in turning off
    SafeSearch:

Cortana

• Click “Windows” icon, then the gear like icon for “Settings”.
    • Choose Permission & History.
    • You’ll see radio buttons under SafeSearch, select your desired permission.

For Bing.com you may follow the steps in this
    article

Following these steps should resolve your concern in searching without restrictions. If you are referring for some other search engines, we recommend for you to check their support site for better assistance.

Let us know if you need anything else.

Aera Rua, Nov 29, 2019
  3. Family settings impacting safesearch

Hi Joshua,

In order to help you with your concern about SafeSearch option, kindly answer the following questions first:

• What browser are you currently using?
    • Does the issue happens to all browsers in your PC?
    • What search engine are you utilizing when the issue occurred?

If you are using Bing as your search engine, then you may need to turn off the SafeSearch option by following the steps from this link:

Turn Bing SafeSearch on or off.

Kindly reply to this thread for us to help you further.

Regards.

Jesrael Bor, Nov 29, 2019
  4. Restricted Mode and SafeSearch are enabled for everything permanently

Airplane mode permanently on

Hi,

So I have tried the suggestions and unfortunately none have worked as of yet.

1. I tried this and the airplane mode toggle is still greyed out.

2. I disabled all my network adapters, left them for around 30 mins and enabled them after restarting but airplane mode is still permanently on.

3. I had a look at this post and it seems similar to your 2nd suggestion. Tried it and it didn't work.

I should say I am using the laptop whilst writing this, using an Ethernet cable to access the internet, but I am restricted from carrying it around and using the bluetooth capabilities.

Thanks for the suggestions.

EliHaffner, Nov 29, 2019
Thema:

Restricted Mode and SafeSearch are enabled for everything permanently

1. Restricted Mode and SafeSearch are enabled for everything permanently - Similar Threads - Restricted Mode SafeSearch

2. permanently enable numlock?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    permanently enable numlock?: i've enabled numlock at startup by editing the registry and disabling fast startup without realizing it was only to toggle it on at startup (which it was already doing). how can i prevent numlock from disabling entirely? i've been looking for a while and it's for a problem in...
  3. Restricted Mode is off but things still restricted?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Restricted Mode is off but things still restricted?: For some reason restricted mode is off but some videos and all comments are restricted. Any possible way to fix it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/restricted-mode-is-off-but-things-still-restricted/d677b1f2-3de6-4caf-9cfb-f07b1e846b4d
  4. Restricted mode

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Restricted mode: I am trying to watch a youtube video but it is telling me that it is set to restricted mode and I cannot find a way to turn it off. Please help me get this off. I tried clicking on my profile picture and that did not work....
  5. Youtube Restricted mode

Youtube Restricted mode: I did not turn on my youtube restricted mode and I use youtube signed out. in every browser it is under restricted mode. can someone help me pls its been doing this for so long!!...
  6. SafeSearch and Restricted Mode universally enabled [Cannot turn off]

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    SafeSearch and Restricted Mode universally enabled [Cannot turn off]: They both turned on last night and when I go to turn them off like a quick Google search suggests, it will instantly turn itself on again. This applies on Incognito mode (which regularly does not happen), on every browser, and all the regular search engines like Google,...
  7. safesearch

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    safesearch: how do I lock safesearch https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/safesearch/fe2696c6-a81d-483a-aea2-ac41c8dbca8d"
  8. Disable restricted mode

Disable restricted mode: Hi, You Tube suddenly put me in restricted mode. I keep trying to disable it without success. Any suggestions? Thank you https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/disable-restricted-mode/8e0b63e3-f70e-497b-a384-444aca3e6440
  9. Restricted mode

Restricted mode: Hi, My You tube suddenly changed enabled Restricted mode. It happened on the same day that my gmail account updated to a newer version. I am not sure if that is the reason. I can't disable the restricted mode. Can you please help. Thank you...
  10. Restricted Mode?

in Browsers and Email
    Restricted Mode?: I was going to watch a video on spacex.com and it said that I cant watch it in restricted mode. I searched the phrase but windows was zero. ??? 96914

Users found this page by searching for:

1. bing us “Your country or region requires a strict Bing SafeSearch setting”

2. off safesearch mode region country

3. bing safesearch locked

4. Your current country or region requires a strict Bing SafeSearch setting which filters out results that might return adult content.,
  5. your country or region requires a strict bing safesearch setting ,
  6. cannot change safe search from strict on bing