Windows 10: restricted mode showing for videos/no subheading for this

Discus and support restricted mode showing for videos/no subheading for this in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; all of a sudden I'm getting videos that don't play and have a big black box over them that say restricted mode. Is this a setting in Windows 10 or... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by paulaE., May 3, 2021.

1. paulaE. Win User

restricted mode showing for videos/no subheading for this

all of a sudden I'm getting videos that don't play and have a big black box over them that say restricted mode. Is this a setting in Windows 10 or Chrome. I haven't touched any settings and never have seen this before.The first time it evenutally played but could you tell me how to eliminate this problem?I have attached a screenshot.

:)

paulaE., May 3, 2021
  2. elbmek Win User

Restricted Mode?

I was going to watch a video on spacex.com and it said that I cant watch it in restricted mode. I searched the phrase but windows was zero. ???

elbmek, May 3, 2021
  3. Okiepal Win User
    Turning off Family Safe Mode in order to change restricted mode on You Tube

You Tube is in restricted mode and I can't change it. I have read to go to fss.live.com and remove myself from the Family site. I can't see how to do this...there are no children listed...I added myself on a different address...and removed it but I can't
    do anything else.

This morning someway, somehow I managed to turn the restricted mode off....but when I used the computer later, it was back on restricted. I am getting so frustrated with this!!! I have watched You Tube videos (on another device because they won't play
    on the computer) and nothing works. I would appreciate any help or suggestions! Thank you!

Okiepal, May 3, 2021
  4. cknor Win User

restricted mode

can't get out of restricted mode to watch youtube videos

cknor, May 3, 2021
Thema:

1. restricted mode showing for videos/no subheading for this - Similar Threads - restricted mode showing

2. Restricted Mode is off but things still restricted?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Restricted Mode is off but things still restricted?: For some reason restricted mode is off but some videos and all comments are restricted. Any possible way to fix it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/restricted-mode-is-off-but-things-still-restricted/d677b1f2-3de6-4caf-9cfb-f07b1e846b4d
  3. Restricted mode

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Restricted mode: I am trying to watch a youtube video but it is telling me that it is set to restricted mode and I cannot find a way to turn it off. Please help me get this off. I tried clicking on my profile picture and that did not work....
  4. Youtube Restricted mode

Youtube Restricted mode: I did not turn on my youtube restricted mode and I use youtube signed out. in every browser it is under restricted mode. can someone help me pls its been doing this for so long!!...
  5. Disable restricted mode

Disable restricted mode: Hi, You Tube suddenly put me in restricted mode. I keep trying to disable it without success. Any suggestions? Thank you https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/disable-restricted-mode/8e0b63e3-f70e-497b-a384-444aca3e6440
  6. Restricted mode

Restricted mode: Hi, My You tube suddenly changed enabled Restricted mode. It happened on the same day that my gmail account updated to a newer version. I am not sure if that is the reason. I can't disable the restricted mode. Can you please help. Thank you...
  7. Can't disable Restricted Mode (Youtube) ?

in Browsers and Email
    Can't disable Restricted Mode (Youtube) ?: First, sorry for my bad English But I installed windows 10 build 10240 and my browser cant watch most videos on youtube cuz restricted mode always on. when I click off and save, it will refresh page and this mode still on. I try with edge, chrome ( firefox has problem with...
  8. Restricted Mode?

in Browsers and Email
    Restricted Mode?: I was going to watch a video on spacex.com and it said that I cant watch it in restricted mode. I searched the phrase but windows was zero. ??? 96914
  9. Family settings activates "Restricted Mode" for youtube videos

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Family settings activates "Restricted Mode" for youtube videos: When I use the family settings with my three children's computers, suddenly none of them are able to watch the youtube videos they used to be able to with Windows 8. It says "The Video is unavailable with Restricted Mode enabled. To view this video, you will need to...
  10. Problems with Youtube's restricted mode

in Windows 10 Support
    Problems with Youtube's restricted mode: As the titles suggests, I have been having problems with Youtube's restricted mode ever since upgrading from windows 8.1 to windows 10. I have tried many things, from taking myself out of the family safety group and making multiple google accounts and microsoft accounts. All...