Windows 10: Restricted mode

Discus and support Restricted mode in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I am trying to watch a youtube video but it is telling me that it is set to restricted mode and I cannot find a way to turn it off. Please help me get... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Telle2020, Apr 13, 2020.

1. Telle2020 Win User

Restricted mode

I am trying to watch a youtube video but it is telling me that it is set to restricted mode and I cannot find a way to turn it off. Please help me get this off. I tried clicking on my profile picture and that did not work.

:)

Telle2020, Apr 13, 2020

2. Disable restricted mode

Hi,

You Tube suddenly put me in restricted mode.

I keep trying to disable it without success.

Any suggestions?

Thank you

Kathy J. T., Apr 13, 2020
  3. Okiepal Win User
    Turning off Family Safe Mode in order to change restricted mode on You Tube

You Tube is in restricted mode and I can't change it. I have read to go to fss.live.com and remove myself from the Family site. I can't see how to do this...there are no children listed...I added myself on a different address...and removed it but I can't
    do anything else.

This morning someway, somehow I managed to turn the restricted mode off....but when I used the computer later, it was back on restricted. I am getting so frustrated with this!!! I have watched You Tube videos (on another device because they won't play
    on the computer) and nothing works. I would appreciate any help or suggestions! Thank you!

Okiepal, Apr 13, 2020
  4. Restricted mode

Youtube Restriction Mode won't turn off

I have a question. When I go into my browser, Edge 16, and go to YouTube, it says I have restricted mode on. I log into my account and switch it off (this is from the side menu on the right side of the screen). (This is strange,
    because I never switched it on) So when I go to the video I want see, it says it is still enabled, at the bottom of the screen. I click that button from "on" to "off" and it never seems to turn off. it still says:

Restricted Mode

• Restricted Mode hides videos that may contain inappropriate content flagged by users and other signals. No filter is 100% accurate, but it should help you avoid most inappropriate content.
    • Your Restricted Mode setting will apply to this browser only.

Restricted Mode lock prevents others from changing the Restricted Mode settings on this browser.

I never made a "lock" or put restricted mode on. Now I do have Net Nanny but that program is not preventing it, as I have full access to the internet. We had a Microsoft Family Safety setting but has been removed

Sorry for the weird text sizes. I'm still learning how everything in this browser works. So, basically I'm asking, how do I turn off restricted mode off? On all the videos I've watched, I'm supposed
    to be able to click, "Lock Restricted Mode for this Browser", log into my account and turn it off. Although nothing happens when I click it, screen just flashes and same settings appear again. So frustrated!!

drag0nscales, Apr 13, 2020
Thema:

Restricted mode

1. Restricted mode - Similar Threads - Restricted mode

2. please stop the "restricted mode" very important.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    please stop the "restricted mode" very important.: Please remove the "restricted mode" I can not communicate with friends. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/please-stop-the-restricted-mode-very-important/d6152188-23f2-4777-8f7b-2640b18ab0a0
  3. please stop the "restricted mode" very important.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    please stop the "restricted mode" very important.: Please remove the "restricted mode" I can not communicate with friends. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/please-stop-the-restricted-mode-very-important/d6152188-23f2-4777-8f7b-2640b18ab0a0
  4. please stop the "restricted mode" very important.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. What should I do if my YouTube account is on restricted mode by the admin, but the admin is...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What should I do if my YouTube account is on restricted mode by the admin, but the admin is...: I've had an issues for the past week where my account has been on restricted mode despite the fact that I've never turned it on. I'm my own admin apparently, but I've literally never made an admin account, so I'm very confused as to how it got to be this way. I tried to log...
  6. What should I do if my YouTube account is on restricted mode by the admin, but the admin is...

What should I do if my YouTube account is on restricted mode by the admin, but the admin is...: I've had an issues for the past week where my account has been on restricted mode despite the fact that I've never turned it on. I'm my own admin apparently, but I've literally never made an admin account, so I'm very confused as to how it got to be this way. I tried to log...
  7. Issues activating Restricted Admin Mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Issues activating Restricted Admin Mode: Hello, I am trying to do a POC on Restricted Admin mode for RDP connections. I have found the KB's and turned it on. But it will not enforce. Here is what I am doingDestination: Windows 2016 Datacenter serverSource: Windows 10 Personal editionOn Destination: I have gone into...
  8. Issues activating Restricted Admin Mode

Issues activating Restricted Admin Mode: Hello, I am trying to do a POC on Restricted Admin mode for RDP connections. I have found the KB's and turned it on. But it will not enforce. Here is what I am doingDestination: Windows 2016 Datacenter serverSource: Windows 10 Personal editionOn Destination: I have gone into...
  9. Issues activating Restricted Admin Mode

in Windows 10 Customization
  10. Windows 10 Kiosk Mode-Edge: Restrictions Error Message and Idle Timeout Configuration Issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Kiosk Mode-Edge: Restrictions Error Message and Idle Timeout Configuration Issue: Hello,Issue One: Restriction Error MessageConfiguration: I have configured a Windows 10 workstation to run the Edge browser in kiosk mode through assigned access. Edge is set to run as a digital sign.Issue: Every time the workstation restarts and launches into kiosk mode a...