Windows 10: Restricting access to install or download anything off the web

Discus and support Restricting access to install or download anything off the web in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; Is there away to restrict a computer from being able to install or download anything off the web without authroizations of like a password made by the... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by ManticoreMatrix, Jan 31, 2021.

1. Restricting access to install or download anything off the web

Is there away to restrict a computer from being able to install or download anything off the web without authroizations of like a password made by the person monitoring what that user is and is not allowed to install on their computer?

:)

ManticoreMatrix, Jan 31, 2021

2. "Access permission denied" when trying to download Java using IE11

Hi Greg,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand the inconvenience you are facing currently. Let me help you in resolving the issue.

I would appreciate if you can provide us the following information to help us understand the issue better.

1. Have you logged in as an administrator or a standard user?

2. Do you use a proxy connection?

3. Did you check with the other browser on computer?

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if that helps:

Step 1: Check whether the websites are listed in the resisted area and if they are present in the restricted area remove it from the list and try to access the websites. Follow the steps mentioned below.

a. Open Internet Explorer and click on Tools.

b. Click on Internet Options and click on the
    security tabs.

c. Click on Restricted sites and click on the sites button.

d. If any of these websites are listed in the restricted sites, select the websites and click on the remove button to remove it from the list.

e. Click on close and then Apply and OK.

Check whether you are able to access the websites.

Step 2: Add the Web site that is affected to the Trusted sites security zone in Internet Explorer and check if that helps. To do this, follow these steps:

1. Start Internet Explorer.

2. On the Tools menu, click Internet Options.

3. On the Security tab, click Trusted sites, and then click Sites.

4. In the Add this Web site to the zone box, type the URL of the Web site that is affected, and then click Add.

5. Click OK.

Also suggest you to go through the article and follow the steps given. Here is the link for your reference.

"Access Denied" or other errors when accessing or working with files and folders in Windows

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2623670

Hope the information helps. Keep us posted on Windows related queries and we will be happy to assist you further.

Nachappa C K, Jan 31, 2021
  3. Nikhar_K Win User
    Microsoft content restrictions web

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We understand that even after giving permission to access a website, the website is blocked next time.

If you wish to allow certain websites, you can add them to the Always allowed list under
    Content restrictions for your sons account and this should not block the website. Refer the steps mentioned below and see if that helps:

1. Login to
      https://family.microsoft.com
      with the parent account.
    2. Now, find your child’s name, click on More options and select
      Content restrictions.
    3. Scroll down to Web Browsing, toggle the switch to on for
      Block inappropriate websites.
    4. Under Always allowed, you can type in the website link for the websites you want to allow.

For more information, you may refer the article
    Block inappropriate websites on Windows 10, Xbox One, and Android

Similarly, you can block inappropriate apps and games that can your child can access. For more information, refer the article

Block inappropriate apps, games, and media on Windows 10 and Xbox One

You may also want to check
    Set content restrictions on Windows 10 and Xbox One

I hope the information provided by me is helpful.

Let us know if you need any further assistance, we will be glad to help you further.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Jan 31, 2021
  4. GregJJ Win User

Restricting access to install or download anything off the web

"Access permission denied" when trying to download Java using IE11

This is not a file or folder issue, it's a website which I had no problem accessing on win7 and Vista, only since downloading win10. I have Microsoft Edge which Java says won't work (the website uses Java). I also have Chrome which doesn't support java so
    I'm using IE11 which should work. I'm logged in as a local administrator as far as I know. At any rate the above steps didn't work and as far as I can tell the above link is not about websites but files and folders. Still scratching my head.

GregJJ, Jan 31, 2021
Thema:

Restricting access to install or download anything off the web

1. Restricting access to install or download anything off the web - Similar Threads - Restricting access install

2. I cannot download anything form the web.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I cannot download anything form the web.: I tried to download pdfs, drivers, files from google drive but couldn't download at all. I also tried using different browsers to download the same but facing the same issue. Please support....
  3. I cannot download anything form the web.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I cannot download anything form the web.: I tried to download pdfs, drivers, files from google drive but couldn't download at all. I also tried using different browsers to download the same but facing the same issue. Please support....
  4. Using Proxy Settings to Restrict Web Access

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Using Proxy Settings to Restrict Web Access: Hello I have set up Proxy settings to restrict web access. It works great but does anyone know the URl's I need to allow to use Gmail correctly? Here is how I configured...
  5. Using Proxy Settings to Restrict Web Access

Using Proxy Settings to Restrict Web Access: Hello I have set up Proxy settings to restrict web access. It works great but does anyone know the URl's I need to allow to use Gmail correctly? Here is how I configured...
  6. Using Proxy Settings to Restrict Web Access

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  7. Can't download anything that isn't off the Web Store.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't download anything that isn't off the Web Store.: I am not sure if this is a Windows 11 problem or not, but recently I have been attempting to download games and software on my laptop. Almost every single time, I get a message saying something along the lines of, "We noticed that you're trying to download something that...
  8. Can't download anything that isn't off the Web Store.

Can't download anything that isn't off the Web Store.: I am not sure if this is a Windows 11 problem or not, but recently I have been attempting to download games and software on my laptop. Almost every single time, I get a message saying something along the lines of, "We noticed that you're trying to download something that...
  9. Not Being Able to Download off the web

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Not Being Able to Download off the web: Hello, I got a laptop for my Christmas yesterday, I am a big chrome user. I went to go to download chrome and also Minecraft on the laptop and when I press run or go and click on it in my downloads it tells me I can download apps from the store. It physically wont allow me to...
  10. Microsoft content restrictions web

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Microsoft content restrictions web: Hello i am setting up my sons laptop. And the content restrictions for web browsing the setting is on and it seems to block literally everything. And even when i give permission each time as safe it blocks the next tome. what am i missing ? thanks in advance...