Windows 10: RESTRICTIONS AFTER LEAVEING THE FAMILY

Discus and support RESTRICTIONS AFTER LEAVEING THE FAMILY in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; Im over 18 so don't ask me if its my birth date and I already left the family months ago still have the restrictions and my birthdate is updated 2000... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by grantgrable, May 5, 2020.

1. RESTRICTIONS AFTER LEAVEING THE FAMILY

Im over 18 so don't ask me if its my birth date and I already left the family months ago still have the restrictions and my birthdate is updated 2000 so yes it says im old enough why am I still getting restrictions

:)

grantgrable, May 5, 2020
  2. Jelo Sen Win User

Family restrictions on adult account

Hello Erik,

There are several reasons for this issue to happen. if you’re sure that your account should not be included in a family restriction, we suggest that you check the below articles:

These articles contain steps that you can perform to help you resolve your issue.

Keep us updated with the results.

Jelo Sen, May 5, 2020
  3. DaveM121 Win User
    Does leaving a Microsoft family get rid of time restrictions and content restrictions?

Hi Alexander, when you leave a Microsoft Family all restrictions should then be lifted - that is the official line . . .

Though the whole Microsoft Family feature is glitchy at the best of times

DaveM121, May 5, 2020
  4. Sten2.0 Win User

RESTRICTIONS AFTER LEAVEING THE FAMILY

Microsoft family restrictions

Hi,

You actually need your parent to turn off any restrictions on your account. I'm afraid you need to get yourself back to your family temporarily. These are the instructions for an adult account.

• Go to account.microsoft.com/family and sign in with your Microsoft account.
    • To remove a child, find their name, then select Content restrictions. Turn off any settings you may have enabled. Then go back to your family’s page, find the child’s name again, and select More options > Remove
      from family.
    • If you want to remove a child because they’re now an adult, or if an adult account has been misclassified as a child account, they’ll need to verify
      their account

I personally think you should be good without doing the third step, but I can't give you a guarantee.

Hope it does the trick. In case of any issues, I'm happy to help you more when needed. If it worked, please mark the answer as helpful.

Sten2.0, May 5, 2020
Thema:

RESTRICTIONS AFTER LEAVEING THE FAMILY

1. RESTRICTIONS AFTER LEAVEING THE FAMILY - Similar Threads - RESTRICTIONS LEAVEING FAMILY

2. Family restrictions still apply after leaving.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Family restrictions still apply after leaving.: I am 19, soon 20. I have family restrictions on for an unknown reason, and it prevents me doing basic things for university and such, or using a browser that isn't Microsoft Edge. I cannot contact the "owner" of the family, as it is an old childhood friend's unused email, and...
  3. Family restrictions still apply after leaving.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Family restrictions still apply after leaving.: I am 19, soon 20. I have family restrictions on for an unknown reason, and it prevents me doing basic things for university and such, or using a browser that isn't Microsoft Edge. I cannot contact the "owner" of the family, as it is an old childhood friend's unused email, and...
  4. Family restrictions still apply after leaving.

in User Accounts and Family Safety
  5. Microsoft Family Safety web restrictions persist after I leave family.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Family Safety web restrictions persist after I leave family.: Web restrictions were set up for my Microsoft account, which are very ineffective by the way, as they restrict completely random sites, but even after i left the family, switched to a local account, ended ALL Microsoft family safety processes, it still locks me out of certain...
  6. Microsoft Family Safety web restrictions persist after I leave family.

Microsoft Family Safety web restrictions persist after I leave family.: Web restrictions were set up for my Microsoft account, which are very ineffective by the way, as they restrict completely random sites, but even after i left the family, switched to a local account, ended ALL Microsoft family safety processes, it still locks me out of certain...
  7. Microsoft Family Safety web restrictions persist after I leave family.

in Windows 10 Gaming
  8. Microsoft family block after leaving family

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft family block after leaving family: I couldn't remember the email to the parent account for my family so I left. Even after leaving the parental block is still in place. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-family-block-after-leaving-family/8bdc6023-cd17-4102-9bca-b6b1c603bffb
  9. Family restrictions still apply after leaving.

Family restrictions still apply after leaving.: I am an adult who recently left my Microsoft family after getting my own computer for college work. However despite leaving the family my account is still being effected by Microsoft family limitations that prevent me from using other browsers or browsing freely, including...
  10. Having Screen Time Restrictions After Leaving Family.

Having Screen Time Restrictions After Leaving Family.: I just purchased a new laptop and set it up using my hotmail address. However when I went to finish the setup and start using my new PC, the time restriction pops up stating that I need to wait until tomorrow at 5:00pm. So a few minutes later I left my Microsoft family and...