Windows 10: Restrictions on Myself

Discus and support Restrictions on Myself in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; I've been having this ongoing problem with my computer ever since I synced my Microsoft account to it. I can't use any web browser beside Microsoft... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by Clifton.Hodges, Apr 18, 2020.

1. Restrictions on Myself

I've been having this ongoing problem with my computer ever since I synced my Microsoft account to it. I can't use any web browser beside Microsoft edge and internet explorer and, I can't even play some of my video games because they're rated M. I've tried figuring this out on my own by starting a family and making a second account to control the other and take the restrictions off but nothing happened. Can someone please help?

:)

Clifton.Hodges, Apr 18, 2020
  2. Arun B J Win User

Unable to set restriction for local user in Windows 10

Hi,

I realized your concern and will assist you to resolve the issue.

• How did you noticed that user is still able to access the drive?

• Did you log into the local user account and check the permission?
    I suggest you to follow the steps below to restrict the user.

• In File Explorer, right click on the drive which you want to restrict.
    • Click Properties.
    • Click the Security tab.
    • Click on Edit to change the permissions.
    • Uncheck all the permission for system.
    • Click OK and make sure the change is applied to all subfolders and files.

Your reply is very important for us to ensure a proper resolution. Please get back to us with the above information in order to assist you accordingly.

Thanks and regards.

Arun B J, Apr 18, 2020
  3. Jelo Sen Win User
    Family restrictions on adult account

Hello Erik,

There are several reasons for this issue to happen. if you’re sure that your account should not be included in a family restriction, we suggest that you check the below articles:

These articles contain steps that you can perform to help you resolve your issue.

Keep us updated with the results.

Jelo Sen, Apr 18, 2020
  4. Yolvi Ell Win User

Restrictions on Myself

getting past admit restrictions

Hi,

To isolate the cause of these unexpected restrictions, we just have a few questions:

• Do you get any error messages when you try to troubleshoot or download any drivers? If yes, we'd greatly appreciate a screenshot.

• What troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?

• Which version of Windows 10 do you have on your computer?

Yolvi Ell, Apr 18, 2020
Thema:

Restrictions on Myself

1. Restrictions on Myself - Similar Threads - Restrictions Myself

2. Family restrictions still apply after leaving.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Family restrictions still apply after leaving.: I am 19, soon 20. I have family restrictions on for an unknown reason, and it prevents me doing basic things for university and such, or using a browser that isn't Microsoft Edge. I cannot contact the "owner" of the family, as it is an old childhood friend's unused email, and...
  3. Family restrictions still apply after leaving.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Family restrictions still apply after leaving.: I am 19, soon 20. I have family restrictions on for an unknown reason, and it prevents me doing basic things for university and such, or using a browser that isn't Microsoft Edge. I cannot contact the "owner" of the family, as it is an old childhood friend's unused email, and...
  4. Family restrictions still apply after leaving.

in User Accounts and Family Safety
  5. "This operation has been cancelled due to restrictions in effect on this computer. Please...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "This operation has been cancelled due to restrictions in effect on this computer. Please...: Hi, I have a problem here. Whenever I try to open Windows PowerShell, it can not open. The app says "This operation has been cancelled due to restrictions in effect on this computer. Please contact your system administrator." I have tried to fix it and nothing happens....
  6. "This operation has been cancelled due to restrictions in effect on this computer. Please...

"This operation has been cancelled due to restrictions in effect on this computer. Please...: Hi, I have a problem here. Whenever I try to open Windows PowerShell, it can not open. The app says "This operation has been cancelled due to restrictions in effect on this computer. Please contact your system administrator." I have tried to fix it and nothing happens....
  7. Would I be able to view restricted-access directories using a Disk-Image?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Would I be able to view restricted-access directories using a Disk-Image?: I want to make a Disk-Image of the "C:" drive of my Windows OS. I want to do this as I want to browse through its files without being hindered by file and folder permission-restrictions which restrictions I understand now have good reason for existing otherwise. I was advised...
  8. Would I be able to view restricted-access directories using a Disk-Image?

Would I be able to view restricted-access directories using a Disk-Image?: I want to make a Disk-Image of the "C:" drive of my Windows OS. I want to do this as I want to browse through its files without being hindered by file and folder permission-restrictions which restrictions I understand now have good reason for existing otherwise. I was advised...
  9. I've restricted myself from being an admin

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    I've restricted myself from being an admin: I used the "netplwiz" tool in the run tool and was poking around with the different ownership names. I saw "Administartor" at the top and thought, "that is a boring name". Quickly, i saw the title "device owner" and selected this thinking i was not lose any tools; and here i...
  10. How can I ban / restrict myself from certain websites?

How can I ban / restrict myself from certain websites?: I have addiction to certain websites (NOT adult sites) that I want to block myself for a certain period of time . Is there any freeware or low price software to do so? Windows 10 environment It should work on all browsers otherwise it's not useful.... 132476