Windows 10: Restrictions when copying/moving files to C Drive

Discus and support Restrictions when copying/moving files to C Drive in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; [img] Is there any explanation as to why I have this situation of 1) Having to press the "continue" button everytime I'm copying/moving something to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by msamuel8, Dec 30, 2020.

1. msamuel8 Win User

Restrictions when copying/moving files to C Drive

Restrictions when copying/moving files to C Drive [​IMG]

Is there any explanation as to why I have this situation of 1) Having to press the "continue" button everytime I'm copying/moving something to the C: drive (P.S. It's just a home PC and I'm the only admin/user), & 2) Why the "More details" is dimmed?

I'm running Windows 10 Home Version 20H2 Build 19042.685 with Windows Feature Experience Pack 120.2212.551.0

:)

msamuel8, Dec 30, 2020
  2. KomouPoji Win User

how to copy files from the CD to the Computer drive

Hi Hankriegler,

I would suggest you to follow the steps below:

• Press Windows key + X.

• Click file explorer from the list.

• Select the CD/DVD drive and hit Enter.

• Select the files you want to copy from the CD/DVD, then select the drive where you want to paste or save.
    I hope the information is helpful.

Thank you.

KomouPoji, Dec 30, 2020
  3. JanaDyck Win User
    move files from my C drive to an external hard drive.

what steps do I take to move files from my C drive to an external hard drive. My C drive is almost full.

JanaDyck, Dec 30, 2020
  4. temp02 Win User

Java.nio.file - Copying files

You can't copy a folder, thats why it generates an exception (you are trying to copy a folder using a copy file function).
    You probably need to list all the files inside that folder and copy one by one

temp02, Dec 30, 2020
Thema:

1. Restrictions when copying/moving files to C Drive - Similar Threads - Restrictions copying moving

2. Files copying from c drive to d drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Files copying from c drive to d drive: Why are all my files from my c drive also being put into my d drive. Ive tried to deleting files from one drive because i assumed they'd stay installed on the other drive but anything i remove from one drive is deleted from the other drive. Because that wasn't working right i...
  3. Files copying from c drive to d drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Files copying from c drive to d drive: Why are all my files from my c drive also being put into my d drive. Ive tried to deleting files from one drive because i assumed they'd stay installed on the other drive but anything i remove from one drive is deleted from the other drive. Because that wasn't working right i...
  4. Copy file in Drive C to disc in Drive E.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Copy file in Drive C to disc in Drive E.: I have a new CD-R disc that I put in Drive E on my PC with Windows 10. I want to copy an existing file from Drive C to that disc. That did not work but I received a message that, "Windows was unable to complete the format." What can I do now to fix the problem?...
  5. Copy file in Drive C to disc in Drive E.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Copy file in Drive C to disc in Drive E.: I have a new CD-R disc that I put in Drive E on my PC with Windows 10. I want to copy an existing file from Drive C to that disc. That did not work but I received a message that, "Windows was unable to complete the format." What can I do now to fix the problem?...
  6. Copy file in Drive C to disc in Drive E.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  7. Problems with c drive restrictions.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Problems with c drive restrictions.: I was doing everything as usual until one day I got a problem. For some reason half of my games couldn't be saved others wouldn't be even able to launch. I found out that this is happening because they cant use documents folder which means that they are blocked by computer...
  8. Restrict Access to Drive C

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Restrict Access to Drive C: Hello! I bought a laptop for my 8y/o son for his online schooling. I have Windows 10 Home and I added him as Family account. I'd like to restrict his access to Drive C where Windows is installed but still be able to use apps that he needs for school that are also...
  9. Lag/Stutter When Copying Files to C Drive

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Lag/Stutter When Copying Files to C Drive: I recently experience a very weird issue when I copy large folder to my C drive. Basically, I have a high-end PC, with a 4770K @ 4.3Ghz, 16GB 2133Mhz RAM, 240GB SSD (C Drive), and 2 x 500GB WD Black in RAID 0 (D Drive). When I copy a game folder from D to C, the whole system...
  10. Unable to move/copy etc. files within C: drive?

in Windows 10 Support
    Unable to move/copy etc. files within C: drive?: Hi, I've newly installed W10 Pro and am constantly being pestered with permission nags (see attached) while attempting to reorganise files within the Local Disk. I've tried changing the User permissions via "Properties>Security" but encounter nothing but a load of...