Windows 10: Resume from Display Sleep = Windows Being Resized

Discus and support Resume from Display Sleep = Windows Being Resized in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I have tried out a few different monitors recently, but I just settled on the one I want to use. All was going well but after it wakes from "sleeping",... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by LT2000, Aug 24, 2015.

1. LT2000 Win User

Resume from Display Sleep = Windows Being Resized

I have tried out a few different monitors recently, but I just settled on the one I want to use. All was going well but after it wakes from "sleeping", the windows are being resized and moved. Perhaps there is some issue with drivers from the other monitors messing things up?

:)

LT2000, Aug 24, 2015

2. Screen looks strange after returning from sleep mode in Windows 10

Clean boot did not help. The problems still happened when performing a clean boot.

The screen still resizes to 1280*720 and then quickly back to 1920*1080 when resuming from sleep. A few of the strange side effects from the screen resize seems to have gone with the latest Windows update, but many of them remain.

Jesper92834, Aug 24, 2015
  3. Thommo14 Win User
    Windows 10 Creators Update video issue

Another observation:

Previously, the display stopped responding only when I used my keyboard or mouse to resume the monitor from sleep (the PC is not set to sleep or hibernate). Note that this was still completely random (to me, at least).

I checked Device Manager this morning and there's an entry overnight for the display not responding, so now the display not responding even when I'm not resuming the monitor from sleep.

Thommo14, Aug 24, 2015
  4. LT2000 Win User

LT2000, Aug 24, 2015
Thema:

1. Resume from Display Sleep = Windows Being Resized - Similar Threads - Resume Display Sleep

2. Wireless Display Adapter Not Connecting When Resuming Windows from Sleep State

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wireless Display Adapter Not Connecting When Resuming Windows from Sleep State: I have a Microsoft 4k wireless adapter.Recently, Windows and the Display Adapter have had several updates.Now, it appears the display adapter does not connect after the computer resumes from a sleep state.The current workaround is to restart the computer and sometimes even...
  3. Wireless Display Adapter Not Connecting When Resuming Windows from Sleep State

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Wireless Display Adapter Not Connecting When Resuming Windows from Sleep State: I have a Microsoft 4k wireless adapter.Recently, Windows and the Display Adapter have had several updates.Now, it appears the display adapter does not connect after the computer resumes from a sleep state.The current workaround is to restart the computer and sometimes even...
  4. Wireless Display Adapter Not Connecting When Resuming Windows from Sleep State

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Monitor failed to display anything when resuming from sleep

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Monitor failed to display anything when resuming from sleep: Windows 10, 64-bit, 21H1Laptop, with integrated Intel graphics.All drives are up to date, according to Dell support assistAfter PC idles and monitor sleeps, I use mouse or keyboard to wake the monitor up -- note PC is on, not sleepingThe monitor woke up -- the LED is on, the...
  6. Windows 10 not resuming from Sleep Mode

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows 10 not resuming from Sleep Mode: I have an Lenovo PC running Windows 10 successfully for many years. Recently going back 2 or 3 Windows updates ago, it stopped resuming from sleep mode by using my Space Bar. Now I have to restart Windows with the power button. I read many posted questions with similar...
  7. Windows 10 no ipv6 on resume from sleep

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 no ipv6 on resume from sleep: I have had this problem for the longest time and it is still happening with Windows 10 ver 2004. On my Surface Pro 7 and Surface Go 2 both now on Windows 10-2004, they will fail to obtain ipv6 addresses on SLAAC networks on resume from sleep for more than 1 minute. If I...
  8. Delayed resume from sleep

in Windows 10 Support
    Delayed resume from sleep: I installed an SSD in my laptop. Occasionally, when I resume from sleep mode, the computer becomes unresponsive. It does this for about 30 seconds. I can't remember if it was doing this before I installed the new drive. Today it's been doing it almost every time I open the...
  9. Resume from sleep issue

in Windows 10 Support
    Resume from sleep issue: Hi everyone. I had some trouble today with my computer. I seem to have fixed it, but thought I would share my experience to see if I can help others who may be having similar issues. System Specifications ASUS M5A99FX PRO R2.0 AMD FX-6300 4 GB 1333 mhz GSkill RAM...
  10. Window Resizes from sleep

in Windows 10 Support
    Window Resizes from sleep: Hey guys. I need help. Windows 10 keep re-sizing my firefox windows when i wake up my computer from sleep. And the windows 10 start menu is also opens up. I would like to fix both these issues. THANKS! 26778