Windows 10: Resume from Display Sleep = Windows Being Resized

Discus and support Resume from Display Sleep = Windows Being Resized in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I have tried out a few different monitors recently, but I just settled on the one I want to use. All was going well but after it wakes from "sleeping",... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by LT2000, Aug 24, 2015.

1. LT2000 Win User

Resume from Display Sleep = Windows Being Resized

I have tried out a few different monitors recently, but I just settled on the one I want to use. All was going well but after it wakes from "sleeping", the windows are being resized and moved. Perhaps there is some issue with drivers from the other monitors messing things up?

:)

LT2000, Aug 24, 2015

2. Screen looks strange after returning from sleep mode in Windows 10

Clean boot did not help. The problems still happened when performing a clean boot.

The screen still resizes to 1280*720 and then quickly back to 1920*1080 when resuming from sleep. A few of the strange side effects from the screen resize seems to have gone with the latest Windows update, but many of them remain.

Jesper92834, Aug 24, 2015
  3. Thommo14 Win User
    Windows 10 Creators Update video issue

Another observation:

Previously, the display stopped responding only when I used my keyboard or mouse to resume the monitor from sleep (the PC is not set to sleep or hibernate). Note that this was still completely random (to me, at least).

I checked Device Manager this morning and there's an entry overnight for the display not responding, so now the display not responding even when I'm not resuming the monitor from sleep.

Thommo14, Aug 24, 2015
  4. LT2000 Win User

LT2000, Aug 24, 2015
Thema:

1. Resume from Display Sleep = Windows Being Resized - Similar Threads - Resume Display Sleep

2. Dell laptop can't resume from sleep

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Dell laptop can't resume from sleep: Today I had to leave the house, so I opened the power menu from the Windows button, and selected the option for my Dell Inspiron i5577 laptop to "Sleep." I come back later, hit the power button to turn the laptop on, and lo and behold, the power button light turns on. There...
  3. Windows 10 crashes resuming from sleep mode

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows 10 crashes resuming from sleep mode: Installed Windows 10 pro on my computer which had windows 10 home on it. Now when my computer goes into sleep mode and I try to come out of it the computer crashes and I get the blue screen. I have to physically turn it off at the power button and turn it back on. It didnt...
  4. No wallpaper on resume from sleep screen

in Windows 10 Customization
    No wallpaper on resume from sleep screen: Windows 10 home with the anniversary update and all updates since on a Toshiba laptop. When I boot up from a complete shutdown, I get a wallpaper (1) on the screen and after I press enter the login screen appears with its wallpaper image. But, when I resume by lifting the...
  5. Sleep resume - Display driver amdkmdap stopped responding

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Sleep resume - Display driver amdkmdap stopped responding: Hello, I have an intermittent issue when coming out of sleep mode. Sometimes things work find but maybe 1 out of 4 times either the screen will not get a signal from the video card or there will be an image but the entire pc is frozen including the mouse pointer. Each...
  6. Delayed resume from sleep

in Windows 10 Support
    Delayed resume from sleep: I installed an SSD in my laptop. Occasionally, when I resume from sleep mode, the computer becomes unresponsive. It does this for about 30 seconds. I can't remember if it was doing this before I installed the new drive. Today it's been doing it almost every time I open the...
  7. Resume from sleep issue

in Windows 10 Support
    Resume from sleep issue: Hi everyone. I had some trouble today with my computer. I seem to have fixed it, but thought I would share my experience to see if I can help others who may be having similar issues. System Specifications ASUS M5A99FX PRO R2.0 AMD FX-6300 4 GB 1333 mhz GSkill RAM...
  8. Window Resizes from sleep

in Windows 10 Support
    Window Resizes from sleep: Hey guys. I need help. Windows 10 keep re-sizing my firefox windows when i wake up my computer from sleep. And the windows 10 start menu is also opens up. I would like to fix both these issues. THANKS! 26778
  9. Problems with Instantly Resuming from Sleep

in Windows 10 Support
    Problems with Instantly Resuming from Sleep: Ok, I have a problem that (AFAIK) no one else on any of the forums (and forum sites) I have visited seem to having. As per the title, I am sure you can see that it is related to my laptop going to sleep. The Problem: My Dell XPS 15 (9550) seems to go to sleep properly...
  10. W10 slow to resume from sleep

in Windows 10 Support
    W10 slow to resume from sleep: I did a fresh install on a SSD not to long ago. The computer is running very smoothly for the most part. However, sometimes when I open the lid to my laptop, it is temporarily unresponsive for a minute or so when resuming from sleep mode. It's pretty annoying. I think it has...