Windows 10: Resume from sleep by mouse sometimes works, sometimes not

Discus and support Resume from sleep by mouse sometimes works, sometimes not in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; So since resume from sleep was introduced (perhaps 1990s), it always has had it share of problems. Now, on my Windows 10 system sleep and resume from... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by jimhoyle, May 23, 2020.

1. jimhoyle Win User

Resume from sleep by mouse sometimes works, sometimes not

So since resume from sleep was introduced (perhaps 1990s), it always has had it share of problems. Now, on my Windows 10 system sleep and resume from sleep work as I want, except sometimes resume does not work.

I have tried to pinpoint the cause for it, but I have no idea what the cause is. I have my Logitech mouse triggering the sleep by mouse click. But sometimes it does nothing.

For example this happened:
    - powercfg.cpl: "Put the computer to sleep: 1 minute", now let it pass = sleep, mouse click, resume, no problem.
    - powercfg.cpl: "Put the computer to sleep: 2 hours" is my normal. Now I do whatever normal stuff on the computer. I forget to switch it off at night. In the morning I return to the computer, it's sleeping. I click the mouse. Nothing happens. I have to press the power switch, now it resumes normally.

Looking at Event Viewer, it seems that in both cases the computer went to sleep the same way. There is probably a logical explanation to this, but what can it be? Any ideas?

:)

jimhoyle, May 23, 2020
  2. jimhoyle Win User

So since resume from sleep was introduced (perhaps 1990s), it always has had it share of problems. Now, on my Windows 10 system sleep and resume from sleep work as I want, except sometimes resume does not work.

I have tried to pinpoint the cause for it, but I have no idea what the cause is. I have my Logitech mouse triggering the sleep by mouse click. But sometimes it does nothing.

For example this happened:
    - powercfg.cpl: "Put the computer to sleep: 1 minute", now let it pass = sleep, mouse click, resume, no problem.
    - powercfg.cpl: "Put the computer to sleep: 2 hours" is my normal. Now I do whatever normal stuff on the computer. I forget to switch it off at night. In the morning I return to the computer, it's sleeping. I click the mouse. Nothing happens. I have to press the power switch, now it resumes normally.

Looking at Event Viewer, it seems that in both cases the computer went to sleep the same way. There is probably a logical explanation to this, but what can it be? Any ideas?

jimhoyle, May 23, 2020
  3. bim27142 Win User
    Asus P8Z77-V resumes from sleep

I just noticed, my Asus P8Z77-V will resume from sleep all by itself without any intervention. I put it to sleep (Start > Sleep) then after a few seconds, it resumes. I don't know what's causing this. I have a USB mouse, I tried disconnecting it, still it resumed on its own after a few seconds. My keyboard is also USB but I haven't tried disconnecting that (yet) since I don't find it to be a likely culprit.

Any ideas? *Confused Resume from sleep by mouse sometimes works, sometimes not :confused:

bim27142, May 23, 2020
  4. BrooksyX Win User

Win7 Pro Laptop crashes when resumes from sleep

Ok almost positive it related to the wifi card/driver. If I disable it in the device manager my laptop sleeps and resumes just fine.

So I guess first step would to be try to find a different driver and if that doesnt work I guess I can replace it. Used mini pci-e wifi cards are pretty cheap.

BrooksyX, May 23, 2020
Thema:

1. Resume from sleep by mouse sometimes works, sometimes not - Similar Threads - Resume sleep mouse

2. Sometimes mouse unfocuses

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Sometimes mouse unfocuses: Sometimes when i try to go on a app or click something it wont click i find myself having to press right click then it refocuses on the home screen then i am able to click...
  3. Sometimes mouse unfocuses

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sometimes mouse unfocuses: Sometimes when i try to go on a app or click something it wont click i find myself having to press right click then it refocuses on the home screen then i am able to click...
  4. Sometimes mouse unfocuses

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Sometimes bluetooth works and sometimes doesn't

in Windows 10 Customization
    Sometimes bluetooth works and sometimes doesn't: Sometimes bluetooth stop working. And i have to restart the pc many times but still it doesn't work. I also tried to install bluetooth driver but things didn't work out....
  6. Sometimes keyboard will not wake PC from sleep, sometimes it will.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Sometimes keyboard will not wake PC from sleep, sometimes it will.: What is causing this to occur? I can't pin down any circumstances that make it work or not. Sometimes if I hit a key on the keyboard, it will wake the PC, other times not. But clicking the mouse always wakes it. And the mouse is plugged in to the keyboard, then there are two...
  7. Sometimes disappearing, sometime frozen mouse

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Sometimes disappearing, sometime frozen mouse: I have a Toshiba laptop, everything was working well as it has done for the last couple of years, but suddenly my mouse started to sometimes disappear and sometime freeze. I have tried everything I could think of and it’s still happening. I was wondering whether anyone has...
  8. Resume from sleep by mouse sometimes works, sometimes not

in Windows 10 Support
    Resume from sleep by mouse sometimes works, sometimes not: So since resume from sleep was introduced (perhaps 1990s), it always has had it share of problems. Now, on my Windows 10 system sleep and resume from sleep work as I want, except sometimes resume does not work. I have tried to pinpoint the cause for it, but I have no idea...
  9. Mystery of the "sometimes" driver (sometimes works, sometimes not)..?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Mystery of the "sometimes" driver (sometimes works, sometimes not)..?: I have this old-ish Midi interface. The last driver was a windows 8 driver. So, I restart in unsigned driver mode and browse manually to the driver. I made alterations in the .INF file so Win10 would be happier. Win10 loads it up but complains. So a bit sad I do a normal...
  10. lag on mouse sometimes

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    lag on mouse sometimes: Hello when i upgrade my windows seven to ten, i face usually with mouse lag, this is not ever, but usually i see this when i run system for 5hours.. in seven i was okay, but in ten windows i see this issue usually. Thanks. 57959