Windows 10: Retail Key becoming a OEM one

Discus and support Retail Key becoming a OEM one in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Quick question, if someone is able to assist me: Bought a New pc with no Win 10. Old PC has a retail Win 10. Can I change Product Key (here) on Old... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/xuxameoescroto, May 13, 2020.

1. Retail Key becoming a OEM one

Quick question, if someone is able to assist me:

Bought a New pc with no Win 10. Old PC has a retail Win 10.

Can I change Product Key (here) on Old PC with a OEM key WITHOUT reinstalling Win, and then use the retail key in the New PC?

Would this be a safe move?

Thank you!

submitted by /u/xuxameoescroto
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/xuxameoescroto, May 13, 2020
  2. Sharief K Win User
    Sharief K, May 13, 2020
  3. OEM key vs Retail key??

Hi,

Could anyone clarify me the difference between these two product key types.I have came through that OEM keys are much cheaper compared to retail keys..any advantage / disadvantage going with OEM keys?

Thanks. Retail Key becoming a OEM one :)

Flashvenom960, May 13, 2020
  4. Retail Key becoming a OEM one

Question On OEM Windows clean install......

"Flavors" of Windows licenses

Windows can be a little "odd" about license keys. There are at least 4 categories:
    • Retail
    • OEM
    • Volume (electronic download)
    • Corporate (no key needed)
    For guaranteed success, the license key and media should be in the same category. If you have retail media, you may not be able to install it using an OEM or Volume license key, even though the key is valid for that version of Windows. *Wtf :wtf: Apparently, this is part of Microsoft's anti-piracy scheme (i.e., all customers are guilty until proven innocent).

Static~Charge, May 13, 2020
Thema:

Retail Key becoming a OEM one

1. Retail Key becoming a OEM one - Similar Threads - Retail Key becoming

2. Microsoft selling oem or Retail keys on their website

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft selling oem or Retail keys on their website: I have seen some people saying that on the Microsoft website they sell retail keys for windows 11 and i just wanted to check if this was the case. also if i replaced my motherboard would a retail key still be usable on the new motherboard?...
  3. Retail and OEM product keys

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Retail and OEM product keys: Hello there, I want to buy a product key to activate my OS. In the web I found that there are two types. One is using a retail keyquite expensive and other is using a OEM key. I further found that once you activate using a OEM key it is locked to that device while retail...
  4. Windows to retail key switched to oem

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows to retail key switched to oem: So I recently built a new desktop, and I realized I had an old laptop with windows 10 on it, so I took the key from that pc and put it onto my new desktop. Everything is working great, but I am wanting to take the key off when I clone my ssd, so I can put it back on after....
  5. OEM to Retail

OEM to Retail: I have OEM version of Windows 10 Home activated in my pc. Now I want to activate my Windows retail key with the same PC, Motherboard and everything [nothing's changed]. Is it possible?...
  6. Oem to retail

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Oem to retail: My friend has an old pre-built with an oem windows 10 licence, and based on the internet, it’s a 50-50 shot when upgrading hardware. Is it possible to get a retail windows 10 home from Microsoft and use that to activate windows 10 from oem to retail, then upgrade his...
  7. Oem to retail

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Oem to retail: My friend has an old pre-built with an oem windows 10 licence, and based on the internet, it’s a 50-50 shot when upgrading hardware. Is it possible to get a retail windows 10 home from Microsoft and use that to activate windows 10 from oem to retail, then upgrade his...
  8. Replace Windows 10 OEM key with a retail key?

Replace Windows 10 OEM key with a retail key?: Hello. I'm currently running Windows 10 Home with an OEM license. I need to replace my motherboard, but I can't buy the same model because it's no longer being manufactured. Since I have my Windows installation set up the way I want it, I'd like to replace my OEM product...
  9. Windows 10 Retail Pack with OEM Key

Windows 10 Retail Pack with OEM Key: I bought Windows 10 Pro Retail Pack from an online seller. Got the pack and it read "Win Pro 10 32-bit/64-bit Eng Intl USB RS" and the key card had "RETAIL" mentioned under the license key. But after installing it from the USB and entering this license key, when it got...
  10. oem to retail

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    oem to retail: I recently bought a windows 10 oem version and had meant to buy a retail version, the license has not been activated or used at all, is it possible to pay some extra to upgrade to a retail version?...