Windows 10: Retail Licence and OEM Licencse two computers - same microsoft account

Discus and support Retail Licence and OEM Licencse two computers - same microsoft account in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; HI All, i already have a laptop with a retail windows 10 pro license linked to my microsoft account. i bought another laptop which has an OEM... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by TalhaShakil, Jun 24, 2020.

1. Retail Licence and OEM Licencse two computers - same microsoft account

HI All,

i already have a laptop with a retail windows 10 pro license linked to my microsoft account.

i bought another laptop which has an OEM licencse windows 10 pro.

can i link my same microsoft account in the OEM laptop too? would it transfer my retail license to the OEM laptop? i would like to keep both the retail license on my previous laptop and continue with OEM license on the new one but link them to the same microsoft account.

is it possible?

:)

TalhaShakil, Jun 24, 2020

2. What is OEM and what does it mean for me ?

OEM = sticker licence for the computer and no help from Microsoft.
    Retail = licence on a separate piece of paper and support from Microsoft.

FordGT90Concept, Jun 24, 2020
  3. DaveM121 Win User
    oem to retail

Hi FrankUnger1

Where did you purchase that OEM copy of WIndows 10, you will have to check with the seller to see if they can provide you with a deal on purchasing a Retail Licence.

Microsoft do not provide a way of going from OEM to Retail as they do not sell OEM licences to the general public . ..

DaveM121, Jun 24, 2020
  4. Retail Licence and OEM Licencse two computers - same microsoft account

Click n run Office365 => retail OEM 2016 wu error

Yes, my mistake. It's OEM that I have, installed on one computer and tied to mobo.

splitsecond, Jun 24, 2020
Thema:

Retail Licence and OEM Licencse two computers - same microsoft account

1. Retail Licence and OEM Licencse two computers - same microsoft account - Similar Threads - Retail Licence OEM

2. Two microsoft accounts with same password

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Two microsoft accounts with same password: I accidently made another Microsoft account when trying to log into mine for Minecraft, it uses the same email and password and now I cannot get into the original. How do I log into the previous account?...
  3. Oem licence not activating, always returning to Retail.

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Oem licence not activating, always returning to Retail.: I had in my PC retail licence. I need change to OEM. So i bought OEM licence. When i format my PC and then try to install WIN again and type the OEM licence code, after install when i check version in CMD through slmgr.vbs /dlv. I always end in Retail. Can someone help me...
  4. Oem licence not activating, always returning to Retail.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Oem licence not activating, always returning to Retail.: I had in my PC retail licence. I need change to OEM. So i bought OEM licence. When i format my PC and then try to install WIN again and type the OEM licence code, after install when i check version in CMD through slmgr.vbs /dlv. I always end in Retail. Can someone help me...
  5. Oem licence not activating, always returning to Retail.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. OEM to Retail

OEM to Retail: I have OEM version of Windows 10 Home activated in my pc. Now I want to activate my Windows retail key with the same PC, Motherboard and everything [nothing's changed]. Is it possible?...
  7. unlink two computers on the same microsoft account

in Windows 10 Customization
    unlink two computers on the same microsoft account: I have two computers. 1. One is a new computer which I set up on *** Email address is removed for privacy *** The other one is an old computer computer 2 that Dell reset and installed a new windows installation on. When I did the setup I also put it on the *** Email...
  8. Oem to retail

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Oem to retail: My friend has an old pre-built with an oem windows 10 licence, and based on the internet, it’s a 50-50 shot when upgrading hardware. Is it possible to get a retail windows 10 home from Microsoft and use that to activate windows 10 from oem to retail, then upgrade his...
  9. Oem to retail

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Oem to retail: My friend has an old pre-built with an oem windows 10 licence, and based on the internet, it’s a 50-50 shot when upgrading hardware. Is it possible to get a retail windows 10 home from Microsoft and use that to activate windows 10 from oem to retail, then upgrade his...
  10. One Microsoft Account, two PCs and two different licences.

One Microsoft Account, two PCs and two different licences.: Hello guys. Please help me with a guidance, how to properly do such process: Conditions: I got my Microsoft Account, with one desktop device on it main PC and a Windows Home LicenseOEM. I am buying a new PC for my second location in my country. I do not want to make...