Windows 10: Retail license transfer

Discus and support Retail license transfer in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hi, I just changed to a completely different PC. I want my Windows 11 Pro license on the new one. What should I do? It is a retail key, I checked with... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by uguryurumez, Mar 21, 2023.

1. Retail license transfer

Hi, I just changed to a completely different PC. I want my Windows 11 Pro license on the new one. What should I do? It is a retail key, I checked with command prompt and some commands I don't remember now.

:)

uguryurumez, Mar 21, 2023
  2. Andre Da Costa, Mar 21, 2023
  3. Andre Da Costa, Mar 21, 2023
  4. pcuaron Win User

Retail license transfer

Upgrade from Home to Pro by transferring a retail license

Thanks for all the replies! I'm operating under these assumptions: HOW do I transfer windows (retail license) after upgrading to Windows - Windows 10 Forums by which the licence in question would be transferable.

I don't have the install disk because I bought the .iso. I do have the original MSFT emails with the product keys. But I think NavyLCDR is right, I'll try first to upgrade using the Windows 8 product key. Then I'll contact MSFT. If that fails, I'll try with NavyLCDR's second suggestion. If everything else fails, I think I'm gonna use sinful activation methods. I don't feel like paying again for a full licence.

S

pcuaron, Mar 21, 2023
Thema:

Retail license transfer

1. Retail license transfer - Similar Threads - Retail license transfer

2. Transfer Windows 10 Retail License to new hardware

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Transfer Windows 10 Retail License to new hardware: I started a hardware upgrade project recently with the intention of upgrading the motherboard and CPU. During a partial disassembly I realized I would need to buy a new case and also that I can't get the hard drive fully out of the plastic tray it was mounted in. The original...
  3. Transfer Windows 10 Retail License to new hardware

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Transfer Windows 10 Retail License to new hardware: I started a hardware upgrade project recently with the intention of upgrading the motherboard and CPU. During a partial disassembly I realized I would need to buy a new case and also that I can't get the hard drive fully out of the plastic tray it was mounted in. The original...
  4. Retail license transfer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Retail license transfer: Hi, I just changed to a completely different PC. I want my Windows 11 Pro license on the new one. What should I do? It is a retail key, I checked with command prompt and some commands I don't remember now....
  5. How to transfer retail license.

How to transfer retail license.: Hello,So I have Win 10 retail license assigned to one of my microsoft accounts which I'm not using any more. Is there a way to transfer that license to a different account.Best Regards....
  6. How to transfer retail license.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to transfer retail license.: Hello,So I have Win 10 retail license assigned to one my my microsft accounts which I'm not using it any more. Is there a way to transfer that license to a different account.Best Regards....
  7. How to transfer retail license.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to transfer retail license.: Hello,So I have Win 10 retail license assigned to one my my microsft accounts which I'm not using it any more. Is there a way to transfer that license to a different account.Best Regards....
  8. Windows 10 Home retail license transfer

Windows 10 Home retail license transfer: Hi, I run into a problem, that I cant seem to find a way to transfer my retail non OEM license between my old laptop witch I will no longer use and new one i bought recently. Old laptop has windows activated, new one - not. Before I installed new laptop with win10 I...
  9. Can't Transfer Linked Retail License on new Hardware

Can't Transfer Linked Retail License on new Hardware: Hello, I just changed my motherboard and can't seem to transfer Linked Retail License on new Hardware. The License is Retail. Troubleshoot isn't working. It keeps saying it can't find license linked to account, but i know for 100% that i had it linked. I can't seem...
  10. Forgot to deactivate a retail license to transfer to a new computer

Forgot to deactivate a retail license to transfer to a new computer: Hello. I own a retail license of Windows 7 with a free upgrade to 10 some many years ago. I recently changed hardware motherboard, GPU, processor so it was a significant change. I actually forgot to deactivate the old license I am still using the same HD so that means I can't...