Windows 10: Retail oem products

Discus and support Retail oem products in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; So impressed i was with the price and reviews for an ASUS vivobook notebook laptop i bought one for my son going into 6th form at school and i went... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by MARKWOOLNOUGH, May 21, 2020.

1. Retail oem products

So impressed i was with the price and reviews for an ASUS vivobook notebook laptop i bought one for my son going into 6th form at school and i went back to ARGOS in Sainsburys and bought another one for myself .

Problems arose when files started to disappear and then whole drives started to disappear .

When i used Periforms Recuva software to try and find a particular drive made on a micro sd card of a whole weeks recordings of music me being a musician with home studio equipment i got more information back than i bargained for but not the files or drives that disappeared.

What i got in a deep scan was astonishing being i bought the computer at Christmas 2020 i recovered files and folders encrypted prior to the sale to me going back to approximately the nineties and most of them were modification files and installs . Where i could not see the contents being they were encrypted i could however physically see the code encrypted and modification dates of the last activity on the ssd hard drive.

Just to recap that information what i am saying is my computer purchase in December 2020 because windows 10 is said to run more securely on a new computer was actually at the hand and in use of some employee in the nineties who has modified and updated its workings with hotfixes to run a system purchased as new in the year 2020 and first of all i said there must be some explanation for this ...then i said i bet old hardware gets updated for resale quite a lot .Then after the long string of problems including blue screens and start up times and in the end a refusal to start at all i have come to the conclusion that consumer laws must have been broken in the sale of such a computer to me and i write here after looking into the activation of my windows 7 machine and using some type of developer version of windows 10 where it is written that windows 10 should be run on a new computer .Does the consuming population agree that either MICROSOFT or ARGOS has come way short of the mark in standards in the sale of that product to me or am i overreacting to be surprised files modified in 1990 has been found by recovering software by the consumer after buying from a store in 2020 AND HAS HAD MORE SOFTWARE ISSUES THAN HIS OLD DELL LAPTOP RUNNING WINDOWS 7.I'm talking maybe 30 40 hotfixes and countless encrypted files and folders.

I haven't taken the laptop back because that is my evidence and i might just use the power of the people to vote with their feet when exposure of my facts reach the masses en mass and just to note this is my first flap of my very very small wings fine as they are just like a bee's wing.

:)

MARKWOOLNOUGH, May 21, 2020

2. windows oem and retail

Maybe buy it from Microsoft & not a local shop ?

Get Windows 10 | Microsoft

DavidBaileyyz, May 21, 2020
  3. DaveM121 Win User
    oem to retail

Hi FrankUnger1

Where did you purchase that OEM copy of WIndows 10, you will have to check with the seller to see if they can provide you with a deal on purchasing a Retail Licence.

Microsoft do not provide a way of going from OEM to Retail as they do not sell OEM licences to the general public . ..

DaveM121, May 21, 2020
  4. Sharief K Win User

Retail oem products

Sharief K, May 21, 2020
Thema:

Retail oem products

1. Retail oem products - Similar Threads - Retail oem products

2. Retail and OEM product keys

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Retail and OEM product keys: Hello there, I want to buy a product key to activate my OS. In the web I found that there are two types. One is using a retail keyquite expensive and other is using a OEM key. I further found that once you activate using a OEM key it is locked to that device while retail...
  3. Windows - Retail or OEM

Windows - Retail or OEM: Hi! I got a 6 year old computer from one company. Windows has been removed from it, so I should buy new Windows and install them. Which version should I buy - OEM or Retail. Someone tells me: To be legal you need to buy Retail. Why OEM is not legal in this case?...
  4. OEM or Retail Windows?

OEM or Retail Windows?: Hello Microsoft Community! I changed my laptop's drive from HDD to SDD to make it faster and because my laptop is experiencing some problems that frequently brings me to the Windows Blue Screen of Death. Since I can no longer make a bootable USB device to reinstall windows...
  5. OEM to Retail

OEM to Retail: I have OEM version of Windows 10 Home activated in my pc. Now I want to activate my Windows retail key with the same PC, Motherboard and everything [nothing's changed]. Is it possible?...
  6. Oem to retail

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Oem to retail: My friend has an old pre-built with an oem windows 10 licence, and based on the internet, it’s a 50-50 shot when upgrading hardware. Is it possible to get a retail windows 10 home from Microsoft and use that to activate windows 10 from oem to retail, then upgrade his...
  7. Oem to retail

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Oem to retail: My friend has an old pre-built with an oem windows 10 licence, and based on the internet, it’s a 50-50 shot when upgrading hardware. Is it possible to get a retail windows 10 home from Microsoft and use that to activate windows 10 from oem to retail, then upgrade his...
  8. OEm to Retail upgrade

OEm to Retail upgrade: i have a notebook that officialy installed windows 10 Home edition in it, with OEM license. so i can not move the windows to other device when this notebook is broken. if i upgrade it to Pro from Microsoft store, then does my Windows license will change to Retail "Full...
  9. OEM VS retail

OEM VS retail: 1- what the good key for laptop DELL OEM VS Retail key ? And what is the difference between them ? 2 - Which of these two sites better buy genuine Windows version at an acceptable price and there are other sites better than them : A-...
  10. oem to retail

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    oem to retail: I recently bought a windows 10 oem version and had meant to buy a retail version, the license has not been activated or used at all, is it possible to pay some extra to upgrade to a retail version?...