Windows 10: Retail vs Retail FPP

Discus and support Retail vs Retail FPP in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hi there. I just came across a webshop that sells license keys. I bought 4 X Windows 10 Pro Retail keys. When done, I read that the shop says the key... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/kianbateman, Apr 11, 2020.

1. Retail vs Retail FPP

Hi there. I just came across a webshop that sells license keys. I bought 4 X Windows 10 Pro Retail keys. When done, I read that the shop says the key can only be activated one time and on one device only.

To me that defeats the purpose of retail. Just to test I activated one of the keys and ran the slmgr.vbs /dli and Windows told me that it’s retail.

I asked customer service how this is even possible that I can only activate one time - to this is OEM behavior. He told me they also sell Retail FPP.

So can someone please elaborate for me: what is this type of retail that only allows one activation?

submitted by /u/kianbateman
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/kianbateman, Apr 11, 2020
  2. zme-ul Win User

Windows 8.1 FPP/retail owner - if I upgrade to W10 will I keep the FPP licence or will be transformed into something else?

yes, now the link works

but I still need a definitive answer to what happens if I have a FPP/retail licence and I upgrade to W10 - is that W10 licence gonna be a FPP too???

zme-ul, Apr 11, 2020
  3. Nikolay_N Win User
    Visual Studio 2015 Pro/Enterprise on Win 10 Home (Retail FPP)

Hello,

Am I going to face any troubles if I install Visual Studio 2015 Pro or Enterprise (BizSpark) edition on Win 10 Home (Retail FPP coming on a USB stick, not OEM) ? Do I need Win 10 Pro ?

Thank you!

Nikolay_N, Apr 11, 2020
  4. sabgenton Win User

Retail vs Retail FPP

Has anyone moved the free windows 10 'Retail version' to another PC successfully?

I read on a questions and answers thread on Microsofts website that the free Windows 10 becomes the type it was upgraded from (e.g retail version).

Other threads seem to conclude it still acts like an OEM even in the case of the retail version binding only to the hardware it was first installed on.

Has anybody managed to reinstall Windows 10 on a new computer upgraded from a retail windows, or did it lock to the First hardware?

The EULA states "you may transfer the software to another device that belongs to you" so it looks possible ...

Steps to try:

• Install windows 7/8.1 retail on machine A
    • Upgrade to windows 10 for free.
    • Uninstall windows completely from machine A
    • Install the same windows 7/8 retail on machine B
    • Upgrade to windows 10 again (here's hoping)

If someone has already done the first to steps feel free to try see if it works!

I personally don't want to try the first to steps just in case I can't transfer it after if anyone has done this or has some insight please let me know.

sabgenton, Apr 11, 2020
Thema:

Retail vs Retail FPP

1. Retail vs Retail FPP - Similar Threads - Retail Retail FPP

2. office retail vs office professional in table form

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    office retail vs office professional in table form: office retail vs office professional in table form https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/office-retail-vs-office-professional-in-table-form/160e3559-3c2b-4a7d-9c80-120af3ad3030
  3. office retail vs office professional in table form

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    office retail vs office professional in table form: office retail vs office professional in table form https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/office-retail-vs-office-professional-in-table-form/160e3559-3c2b-4a7d-9c80-120af3ad3030
  4. Will Windows retail and Office retail Update?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Will Windows retail and Office retail Update?: Will Windows 10 Pro retail and MS Office 2019 Pro Plus retail Update?or do we need "volume" versions to get regular updates?Thanks.-- Rawat https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/will-windows-retail-and-office-retail-update/91682143-a719-4796-8d27-10ba51c39b9e
  5. OEM to Retail

OEM to Retail: I have OEM version of Windows 10 Home activated in my pc. Now I want to activate my Windows retail key with the same PC, Motherboard and everything [nothing's changed]. Is it possible?...
  6. Volume Licence Vs Retail Licence

Volume Licence Vs Retail Licence: I want to know how volume licence differ from you other retail licenses and why it is overpriced other than retail license. And i need to know the detailed peculiarities of volume licence over retail license...
  7. OEM VS retail

OEM VS retail: 1- what the good key for laptop DELL OEM VS Retail key ? And what is the difference between them ? 2 - Which of these two sites better buy genuine Windows version at an acceptable price and there are other sites better than them : A-...
  8. Windows 10 oem vs retail

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 oem vs retail: What is the difference between oem and retail version of windows 10. Is ti true that oem version can only install once and retail version can install as many times as needed ? 132851
  9. Windows 10 oem vs retail

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 oem vs retail: What is the difference between oem and retail version of windows 10. Is ti true that oem version can only install once and retail version can install as many times as needed ? 132851
  10. Gerenic vs Retail keys Windows 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Gerenic vs Retail keys Windows 10: I just activated Windows 10 with a Generic key (in a virtual machine), and it activated ok. however, i have seen mixes feelings as how exactly that is different to a Retail key.. Windows 10 can be installed and used for 30 days without a key, Product key is only needed for...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. fpp vs retsil

2. windows retail vs fpp retail