Windows 10: Retail W10 Pro on usb

Discus and support Retail W10 Pro on usb in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I have a legit retail W10 Pro on a USB. The computer it was initially installed on is now a paperweight. I have bought a replacement, and installed... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by MichaelMmmacg, May 4, 2020.

1. Retail W10 Pro on usb

I have a legit retail W10 Pro on a USB.

The computer it was initially installed on is now a paperweight.

I have bought a replacement, and installed W10 Pro from the USB. Remember, this is a legitimate MS product.

Unfortunately, duh!, i did not store the activation key on the cloud, it is stored on the old computers hard drive, which i cannot access.

Therefore, I installed W10 Pro on a new computer and skipped activation, with the intention to input the activation key as soon as possible. Old computer is under warranty, but service center is closed for duration of lockdowns. I cant wait, therefore bought replacement.

Non-activated W10 Pro as installed has major limitations, including but not limited to the following super-critical ussues:

1. W10 cannot see the WLAN card,

2. W10 cannot see the graphics card, only a generic PnP display driver

3. W10 cannot see an external display

My understanding is that W10 installed without activation should be fully functional in these respects.

Is there anything I can do here?

:)

MichaelMmmacg, May 4, 2020
  2. Vayra86 Win User

W10 Home > Pro

Question:

right now I made a bootable USB for W10, off my current installation which is a W10 Home.

Monday I'll use that on my new rig but I want to move to W10 Pro on that one. Is this possible with my bootable USB setup? My guess is that you just re-pick your version based on the activation code, amirite?

Vayra86, May 4, 2020
  3. transfer my retail digital license to a new machine void of any OS

Results:

I was not able to transfer my digital license W10 Pro to a new computer using the media tool.

I was able to upgrade my OEM W10 Home to the Pro version on the same computer without problems though. On my new laptop, I had to purchase a retail version of W10.

RobertArnow, May 4, 2020
  4. Retail W10 Pro on usb

why there is just one way to upgrade from W10 Home to W10 Pro?

You can purchase a full license key, but keep in mind, the full retail license for Windows 10 Pro is more expensive than the $99 upgrade through the Store.

Step 1: Purchase license for Windows 10 Pro, then receive your key:

Buy Windows 10 Home/Pro

Step 2: Perform an Easy Upgrade using the key:

Andre Da Costa, May 4, 2020
Thema:

Retail W10 Pro on usb

1. Retail W10 Pro on usb - Similar Threads - Retail W10 Pro

2. Windows 10 Pro Retail USB installs 10 Home

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 Pro Retail USB installs 10 Home: Trying to revive a Lenovo Yoga 2 Pro that had a bad SDD. it originally had 8.1.Purchased 2 windows 10 pro retail version with product key. with new drive in. USB flash drive didn't fit on to the USB 3 port on the laptop.So, used a hub. Booted from USB and stated installing...
  3. Windows 10 Pro Retail USB installs 10 Home

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Pro Retail USB installs 10 Home: Trying to revive a Lenovo Yoga 2 Pro that had a bad SDD. it originally had 8.1.Purchased 2 windows 10 pro retail version with product key. with new drive in. USB flash drive didn't fit on to the USB 3 port on the laptop.So, used a hub. Booted from USB and stated installing...
  4. W10 Pro Retail Activation on and W10 Enterprise Eval installation

in Windows 10 Gaming
    W10 Pro Retail Activation on and W10 Enterprise Eval installation: Hi everyone.I use the W10 Enterprise Eval ISO in various VM Labs for study purposes.I am also using the W10 Enterprise ISO in a VM on my main computer for connecting to work systems, my initial thought was as I am now working from home permanently I would be able to get a...
  5. W10 Pro Retail Activation on and W10 Enterprise Eval installation

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    W10 Pro Retail Activation on and W10 Enterprise Eval installation: Hi everyone.I use the W10 Enterprise Eval ISO in various VM Labs for study purposes.I am also using the W10 Enterprise ISO in a VM on my main computer for connecting to work systems, my initial thought was as I am now working from home permanently I would be able to get a...
  6. W10 Pro Retail Activation on and W10 Enterprise Eval installation

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. Transfer a retail W10 Pro product key to a new PC.

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Transfer a retail W10 Pro product key to a new PC.: Purchased retail W10 Pro in April. Installed in a VM in Hyper-V for screenshots. Disabled the VM. Now want to upgrade a new W10 Home PC. product key "didn't work."...
  8. Transfer os retail key for w10

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Transfer os retail key for w10: Good morning. I have a desktop with a Windows 10 Retail Key. With a retail key I understand it can be transferred to a new PC having first unregistered it from the current PC. Am I correct in the above as I am likely to order a new PC without an o/s. Thank you 150624
  9. Transfer os retail key for w10

in Windows 10 Support
    Transfer os retail key for w10: Good morning. I have a desktop with a Windows 10 Retail Key. With a retail key I understand it can be transferred to a new PC having first unregistered it from the current PC. Am I correct in the above as I am likely to order a new PC without an o/s. Thank you 150624
  10. Retail license W10 upgrade permanent?

in Windows 10 Support
    Retail license W10 upgrade permanent?: So the MS position on upgraded Win 7 / 8 machines is straight-forward: for the life of the device. But what does this mean for non-OEM people, who are using a retail Windows license, which they upgrade to Windows 10? If they get a new PC, and install Windows using their...