Windows 10: Retain metallic material from 3D Builder when inserting into PowerPoint

Discus and support Retain metallic material from 3D Builder when inserting into PowerPoint in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I have edited a 3D model in 3D Builder and given it a realistic, shiny metallic look. But whenever I add this file to PowerPoint, it loses the metallic... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Thomas Monks, Apr 21, 2020.

1. Retain metallic material from 3D Builder when inserting into PowerPoint

I have edited a 3D model in 3D Builder and given it a realistic, shiny metallic look. But whenever I add this file to PowerPoint, it loses the metallic material and goes to a matte. The other colours I added are properly transferred to PowerPoint. How do I retain the same appearance for my object when exporting it to PowerPoint?

BEFORE:

Retain metallic material from 3D Builder when inserting into PowerPoint fb9faa5d-2250-4222-af70-d72370bd6590?upload=true.png

AFTER:

Retain metallic material from 3D Builder when inserting into PowerPoint 6c88d363-7ab0-485f-944e-cd4c88a782b3?upload=true.png

:)

Thomas Monks, Apr 21, 2020

2. 3D Builder and Printrbot Metal Simple X-Axis Upgrade

I've upgraded the bed on my Printrbot Simple Metal. I've stored the new dimension in the G-Code on the printer but 3D Builder only shows the original bed size.

How do I set the new bed size in 3D Builder?

[Moved from: Windows / Windows 10 / Devices & drivers / PC]

Spannerdude, Apr 21, 2020
  3. Ferdz Amp Win User
    Ferdz Amp, Apr 21, 2020
  4. Dowding Win User

Retain metallic material from 3D Builder when inserting into PowerPoint

Export animation from 3D Builder to use in PowerPoint

I can successfully import a .gltf animated file into 3D Builder but I can't find a way of exporting it so I can use the animated 3D model in PowerPoint. There are built in models but no way of making them yourself it seems. Help!

Dowding, Apr 21, 2020
Thema:

Retain metallic material from 3D Builder when inserting into PowerPoint

1. Retain metallic material from 3D Builder when inserting into PowerPoint - Similar Threads - Retain metallic material

2. 3d Builder

in Windows 10 Gaming
    3d Builder: Has the 3d builder program been discontinued? Why doesn't he receive more updates and inclusion of improvements? It's a great program https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/3d-builder/65033078-da0f-4c3c-88b1-ea1d930e4f36
  3. 3D Builder - Powerpoint - 3D models lose tranparency once imported into powerpoint

in Windows 10 Gaming
    3D Builder - Powerpoint - 3D models lose tranparency once imported into powerpoint: 3D model lose their transparency once imported into Powerpoint, why? How can I fix it? Thanks, See image below for a simple example. In 3D Builder, I have created a simple model with transparent part. You may think of it as a glass window. Once I export this model and import...
  4. 3D Builder - Powerpoint - 3D models lose tranparency once imported into powerpoint

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    3D Builder - Powerpoint - 3D models lose tranparency once imported into powerpoint: 3D model lose their transparency once imported into Powerpoint, why? How can I fix it? Thanks, See image below for a simple example. In 3D Builder, I have created a simple model with transparent part. You may think of it as a glass window. Once I export this model and import...
  5. 3D builder

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    3D builder: First of all. I am a big fan of 3D builder. I use it for 3D modelling when I restore, repair or build things, from tables to houses. As a retired from IT everything I love the combination Powerpoint 2007 for drawings and 3d builder for modelling. I don't have to learn another...
  6. 3d builder

3d builder: how do i use web cam to import item and how do i cut off unusable area of item https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/3d-builder/03d7c266-6837-4186-ac60-576e54df1985
  7. 3D Builder .3mf .obj - No texture when imported to Powerpoint.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    3D Builder .3mf .obj - No texture when imported to Powerpoint.: When i import a .3mf or .obj into PowerPoint it does not import the textures, meaning the work i have done to add some realism to my builds is not transferred. I have added 3 images - 1. the 3D Builder .3mf file open in 3D Builder 2. The file preview as i am importing into...
  8. 3d Builder

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    3d Builder: Hi I try to get 3d builder but the windows store says , I need a new app to open this store How do I get round this Regards Don https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/3d-builder/fb0f19f7-b9c5-491d-b7e9-843643726f00
  9. 3D builder

3D builder: How i can change manuely thickness of an objet without affect width and height? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/3d-builder/6af42020-38cd-4dca-aa64-da080ba69625
  10. Export animation from 3D Builder to use in PowerPoint

Export animation from 3D Builder to use in PowerPoint: I can successfully import a .gltf animated file into 3D Builder but I can't find a way of exporting it so I can use the animated 3D model in PowerPoint. There are built in models but no way of making them yourself it seems. Help!...