Windows 10: Retain window sizes

Discus and support Retain window sizes in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; When enlarging a window, next time I open the window it is small again. This happens in several applications. Is there a general parameter for this... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Lars-Anders Rolfhamre, Apr 20, 2019.

1. Retain window sizes

When enlarging a window, next time I open the window it is small again. This happens in several applications. Is there a general parameter for this or....

It doesn't seems to be associated with a specific apps, but rather a more general issue.

I've never had a problem with this before, but the last months it is very irritating. Especially in Outlook - when clicking on a mail, it always needs to be enlarged to be readable.

:)

Lars-Anders Rolfhamre, Apr 20, 2019

2. increase text size

Hello,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

Follow the steps to change the font size:

• Click on "Windows logo" and select "Settings".
    • Select "System".
    • You can change the font size here.

Follow the steps to go to Control Panel:

• Type "Control Panel" in the search bar.
    • Select "Control Panel" from suggestions.

I hope this helps you. If you have any further query in future, feel free to contact us. We will be happy to help you.

Thank you.

Amit(Kumar), Apr 20, 2019
  3. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Apr 20, 2019
  4. SB510 Win User

Retain window sizes

Is it possible to make Windows 10 retain window sizings?

Hi,

Windows 10 and previous versions will let you re-size the overall explorer window size. Also, it will let you change the width of the columns and explorer "tree" on the far left, as well as choose which types of info you would like the columns to show ie;
    File size, date created, byte resolution etc...

This is all great, but it WILL NOT RETAIN THE WINDOW SETTINGS. The next time I open the Explorer (especially after a shutdown) the window defaults back to a smaller, scrunched up view where none of the adjustments I made remain.

What can be done to have the OS RETAIN THE EXPLORER COLUMNS & WINDOW SIZING?

I would LOVE to remedy this, even if it calls for registry editing. Which I suspect it will.

PLEASE HELP.

Thanks to all!

Shawna

SB510, Apr 20, 2019
Thema:

Retain window sizes

1. Retain window sizes - Similar Threads - Retain window sizes

2. Windows 11 File Explorer does not retain its size and location on the screen.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 File Explorer does not retain its size and location on the screen.: Hello. Using the Windows 11 Pro operating system, I encountered an error. When I open the Explorer program, I adjust its size using arrows in different corners of the Explorer window and location on the computer screen. The problem is that by closing the explorer and opening...
  3. Windows 11 File Explorer does not retain its size and location on the screen.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 File Explorer does not retain its size and location on the screen.: Hello. Using the Windows 11 Pro operating system, I encountered an error. When I open the Explorer program, I adjust its size using arrows in different corners of the Explorer window and location on the computer screen. The problem is that by closing the explorer and opening...
  4. Windows 11 font size change cannot be retained

Windows 11 font size change cannot be retained: Hi,on my surface pro 8 with Windows 11 pro 64bit, due to the high resolution, the default font is too small for me. However, I am reluctant to change scaling since it will make everything else big. So I went to Settings -> Accessibility -> Text size and adjusted the font...
  5. Windows 11 font size change cannot be retained

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 font size change cannot be retained: Hi,on my surface pro 8 with Windows 11 pro 64bit, due to the high resolution, the default font is too small for me. However, I am reluctant to change scaling since it will make everything else big. So I went to Settings -> Accessibility -> Text size and adjusted the font...
  6. Windows 11 not retaining settings

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 not retaining settings: When I am installing Windows 11 on my computer, which is compatible with Windows 11, my computer is undoing changes made to the computer. Please help me solve this issue ** original title: Computer **...
  7. Windows 11 not retaining settings

Windows 11 not retaining settings: When I am installing Windows 11 on my computer, which is compatible with Windows 11, my computer is undoing changes made to the computer. Please help me solve this issue ** original title: Computer **...
  8. Why does Notepad not retain larger size?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Why does Notepad not retain larger size?: I always make Notepad the maximum size, i.e. the size of my monitor. But then Windows always shrinks it down to a tiny size with each login / boot. Is there any way to force it to stay larger?...
  9. Windows Explorer: Have each folder retain its size, position, settings

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows Explorer: Have each folder retain its size, position, settings: Windows Explorer: Have each folder retain its size, position, settings I do recall that in previous versions of windows one of the features was the ability to customize a folder including background art. The folder would remember where it was, what size it was, and what...
  10. Windows (File Explorer) not retaining my set size and position?

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows (File Explorer) not retaining my set size and position?: I've noticed this problem with many of the internal programs such as file explorer, that will open up in an unusable size and position, and even after I adjust those to my preferred settings, they always revert back. Is there a fix for this that will allow me to set the...