Windows 10: retargeting Document folder under This PC to C:\User\Julie\Documents from...

Discus and support retargeting Document folder under This PC to C:\User\Julie\Documents from... in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have a new PC. It has been set up with OneDrive. I don't want it. I uninstalled it but the documents folder under This PC is still... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by JulieWelk, Dec 14, 2019.

1. JulieWelk Win User

retargeting Document folder under This PC to C:\User\Julie\Documents from...

I have a new PC. It has been set up with OneDrive. I don't want it. I uninstalled it but the documents folder under This PC is still OneDrive\documents. I can not point it to a new location. I want the document folder to be C:\User\Julie\Documents NOT C:\User\Julie\Onedrive\Documents

:)

JulieWelk, Dec 14, 2019

2. C:\User documents folder annoyance

Hey,

Just got a new PC and did a windows update. The documents folder that was once located at C:\users\XXXX\documents is now C:\users\XXXX\onedrive\documents.

is there a way to reset this?

Steam has defaulted to storing files there and when i just move folders certain games cant find what they need. THIS is the real annoyance

EddieFonzarelli, Dec 14, 2019
  3. IggSter Win User
    My Documents Files - Deleted?

I have a PC where I have moved My Docs away from my C: to my E: so i can perhaps suggest a few things to check.

1. The documents and settings folder will still be present on your C: (although unused)
    2. My Documents on my E: is shown as E:\Data (do you have a similar directory)
    3. Is your missing data in this \Data folder if it exists?
    4. If you click the My Documents shortcut does it take you to the default C:\doc and settings\blah blah, or does it take you to the \Data folder?

Ive had a similar issue with an application resetting the My Docs path back to its orig location and in essence orphaning the My Docs on my E:

IggSter, Dec 14, 2019
  4. Dia01 Win User

My Documents Files - Deleted?

Thanks for the reply though my drive letter is actually F:\ and does not show a Data folder. When I click on the shortcut it takes me straight to my (administrators name)/Documents, so the link is correct. Not sure what happened.

Dia01, Dec 14, 2019
Thema:

1. retargeting Document folder under This PC to C:\User\Julie\Documents from... - Similar Threads - retargeting Document folder

2. Default permissions in folders under c:\windows\

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Default permissions in folders under c:\windows\: Is there any way to audit permissions if they changed in C:\windows\ and subfolders since I installed windows 10? Windows XP had such a capability but I cannot find it in windows 10. 143848
  3. C:\User documents folder annoyance

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    C:\User documents folder annoyance: Hey, Just got a new PC and did a windows update. The documents folder that was once located at C:\users\XXXX\documents is now C:\users\XXXX\onedrive\documents. is there a way to reset this?...
  4. Missing C:\users\Documents folder

Missing C:\users\Documents folder: For some time now I have been unable to see the Windows "Documents" folder on C:\users. All I see is the C:\users\OneDrive\Documents folder. Does OneDirve somehow interact with the Windows Documents folder and somehow combine them? I can't imagine that to be the case...
  5. Duplicate Folders under This PC

Duplicate Folders under This PC: Under This PC, my Picture folder is missing. Instead I have two folders labeled Video and those folders have the same paths to where I store my videos. I'm not sure what I had done or how this even happen. How do I get my Picture folder back under This PC and how do I delete...
  6. Videos Folder under This PC

Videos Folder under This PC: I’ve redirected the Videos folder under this PC in file explorer, yet some App or setting keeps creating the folder in the default location including a sub folder “Caotures”- I changed the windows 10 Xbox capture folder location, still happening. Any ideas?...
  7. Document, Picutures, etc Folders under C:\User\{username} vs Same named folders under...

Document, Picutures, etc Folders under C:\User\{username} vs Same named folders under...: What is the difference (content) between the folders Documents, Pictures, etc. in c:\Users\[username] and same named folders under c:\Users\[username]\OneDrive? Why aren't the contents the same?...
  8. Changing permissions on folders under C:\ProgramData

Changing permissions on folders under C:\ProgramData: I am unable to change permissions on the Folder C:\ProgramData\NVIDA Corporation to allow Modify and/or Full control in order to let NVIDIA Control Panel settings to be saved! This is in Windows 10 Professional. I have run File Explorer as administrator! I require some...
  9. Two 'Documents' Folders under This PC

in Windows 10 Support
    Two 'Documents' Folders under This PC: Hello, I have recently discovered a problem under the 'This PC' heading. I seem to have two 'Documents' folders. However, one icon is the correct for Documents, and the other is the icon for the Pictures. Also, my Pictures folder has gone missing. [img] [img] I have...
  10. Duplicate Documents folder Under This Pc

in Windows 10 Support
    Duplicate Documents folder Under This Pc: Hey all Version 1511 installed. Other fixes don't work. I tried removing documents from this pc with the reg file. Also didn't work. With time, number of documents folders increase. The folders go away when clicked into another folder or a new explorer window opened....