Windows 10: RETREIVE MY USER FOLDER BACK TO C DRIVE

Discus and support RETREIVE MY USER FOLDER BACK TO C DRIVE in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; In my c drive in User folder i used to have my user folder VIPIN which contained my library files, but i did something in properties security menu and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by S_o_l_o, May 23, 2024.

1. S_o_l_o Win User

RETREIVE MY USER FOLDER BACK TO C DRIVE

In my c drive in User folder i used to have my user folder VIPIN which contained my library files, but i did something in properties security menu and now its gone. How can i retrieve it back. My pc is working fine and i can access it through file explorer. Here are some pictures for reference.

:)

S_o_l_o, May 23, 2024
  2. gs99 Win User

User folders in root C: drive

In my new Windows 10, these folders were generated:

• Intel
    • PerfLogs
    • Program Files
    • Program Files (x86)
    • Users
    • Windows
    Is there a policy of users generating new folders in this root C: drive?

On my old W7 PC I had several folders in C:, providing a shorter path for applications.

E.g. Is there an advantage when new Windows software is installed?

3. Nicrite Win User
    Vista Ultimate - 'User' Folder Location

No tried that.

Can copy the entire folder to D; but Windows still points to C as the location. Can change personal folders location to a folder on D;, but this still leaves hidden files etc on C;. Thus meaning there are 2 Users folders. Have managed to change the Public folder location to D;, with some registry tweaks, but this doesnt seem to work for the entire folder.

any more suggestions

Nicrite, May 23, 2024
  4. LemP Win User

User's folder is not present in c:\\Users

Putting aside your somewhat random use of forward, backward, and double slashes, please explain the difference between:

• In Windows 7 Window Explorer, one cannot view the UserName folder
      in c:\\Users
    and

• UserName folder, normally viewable from c://Users, can be still be viewed and fully accessed from UserName's Desktop
      via Window's Explorer
    Click Start, type C:\Users into the Search box, and press Enter

Please list everything you see. If you would rather not reveal actual user names, use UserA, UserB, UserC, etc. Please mention whether view hidden files and folders is enabled or not.

Is the name of one (or more) users missing from the list of items?

Navigate to any document in the "UserName folder" that you can't see in C:\Users, then right-click and select Properties.

What is shown as the document's "Location"? Again, if you want to use UserA rather than the actual name, that's OK.

Thema:

1. RETREIVE MY USER FOLDER BACK TO C DRIVE - Similar Threads - RETREIVE USER FOLDER

2. RETREIVE MY USER FOLDER BACK TO C DRIVE

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    RETREIVE MY USER FOLDER BACK TO C DRIVE: In my c drive in User folder i used to have my user folder VIPIN which contained my library files, but i did something in properties security menu and now its gone. How can i retrieve it back. My pc is working fine and i can access it through file explorer. Here are some...
  3. Accidently deleted my users folder in C Drive.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Accidently deleted my users folder in C Drive.: After it I put all deleted items back in, but it doesn't help. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/accidently-deleted-my-users-folder-in-c-drive/9dcf93f8-5213-4c2e-bfb8-f12364562060
  4. Accidently deleted my users folder in C Drive.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Accidently deleted my users folder in C Drive.: After it I put all deleted items back in, but it doesn't help. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/accidently-deleted-my-users-folder-in-c-drive/9dcf93f8-5213-4c2e-bfb8-f12364562060
  5. Accidently deleted my users folder in C Drive.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. how to retreive emails that are not listed in my folder

in Windows 10 Customization
    how to retreive emails that are not listed in my folder: how to retreive emails that are not listed in my folder https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-retreive-emails-that-are-not-listed-in-my/cbfd56d0-952b-42c9-bf81-7b48b727ef93
  7. Change the folder name of my User inside C Drive

in Windows 10 Customization
    Change the folder name of my User inside C Drive: I want to change the user folder name from Atul Gaur to atul. Because of the space between the name I am experiencing many issues in installing many different things. I have Windows 10 Home installed on my computer. Please help me with this problem. How can I rename it?...
  8. User folders in root C: drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    User folders in root C: drive: In my new Windows 10, these folders were generated: Intel PerfLogs Program Files Program Files x86 Users Windows Is there a policy of users generating new folders in this root C: drive? On my old W7 PC I had several folders in C:, providing a shorter path for...
  9. "This PC" vs. C:/Drive: User Folder

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    "This PC" vs. C:/Drive: User Folder: Why Windows have two (2) different Document folders: 1) in This PC and 2) C:\user with different content. I have reviewed location and is confusing if they are the same or not, and which one is the one backing up and/or Syncing with OneDrive....
  10. Restore Users Profiles back to C:\Users without data folders

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Restore Users Profiles back to C:\Users without data folders: I don't remember when, but I availed myself of the free Windows 10 upgrade sometime back. I was using 8.1 and I had, at some point, moved C:\Users and all its associated folders to E:. Everything has worked fine and Win10 didn't have a problem. I did notice that there was...