Windows 10: Retreive preinstalled Win10 product key before clean format.

Discus and support Retreive preinstalled Win10 product key before clean format. in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hi. My computer stopped working (HP Pavilion x2). I wanted to clean format it. Few problem occured. When i installed Win from MS site i got at the end... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by H4ds0n, Jan 13, 2019.

1. H4ds0n Win User

Retreive preinstalled Win10 product key before clean format.

Hi. My computer stopped working (HP Pavilion x2). I wanted to clean format it. Few problem occured.

When i installed Win from MS site i got at the end of installation message that windows wasn't ably to update boot settings. (I am not able to delete partitions and create unallocated space using UI so i decided to use diskpart). Before all of that i wanted to back my produck key up. So i went to bios i saw this:

Retreive preinstalled Win10 product key before clean format. d82c2be7-f8c3-42a4-9e5f-287ca67a9e9c?upload=true.png

So i thought that great i cannot bother about keys and all staff only get it in write on some paper.

Next i opened bootable installation USB and went to cmd from that place and I typed the command that I have found on the internet:
    wmic path softwarelicensingservice get oa3xoriginalproductkey

I was really disappointed because the result was:

Retreive preinstalled Win10 product key before clean format. c67bc94d-698b-47a3-9d61-4c632ea14d45?upload=true.png

How it even possible? How can i get my product key? Where to find it ? Is it possible that it is storaged on some partition? Could it be removed if it was factory installed?

Thanks

:)

H4ds0n, Jan 13, 2019
  2. Fernandz Win User

How To Format A Write Protected Flash Memory ?

¿You already tried this one?...

Run CMD

1. diskpart
    2. list disk

Then in the 3º step, put the correct number of disk in the list for the usb flash (if it's listed in disk 3, then you'll have to write select disk 3).

2. select disk #
    3. clean
    4. create partition primary
    5. select partition 1
    6. active
    7. format fs=fat32
    8. assign
    9. exit

with that commands you will format the flash drive in fat32, if you have a large drive you can select also "format fs=ntfs" in step 7.

good luck!

Fernandz, Jan 13, 2019
  3. topgundcp Win User
    Win10 updated from Win8 - does clean install loose product key?

Use this option. With Internet connection, if asked for product key, click on "Skip This Step" or "I don't have a product Key". Windows will be activated automatically.

topgundcp, Jan 13, 2019
  4. manupela Win User

upgrade to Win10 - product key

Hello,

i initially purchased win 7 retail box and so i own a win 7 product key.

after this, i upgraded to win 8.1pro with an upgrade disk and now i would like to upgrade to win 10 online.

my question is: in the future when i will reinstall a clean copy of win10(formating the HDD and all) after the free upgrade....what product key will i need to use?

thanks in advance for your answer

manupela, Jan 13, 2019
Thema:

1. Retreive preinstalled Win10 product key before clean format. - Similar Threads - Retreive preinstalled Win10

2. Lost product key before install

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Lost product key before install: I lost my new windows 11 product key before installing on a new computer. I purchased it on Amazon. I have the box with the box with the SKU etc on it. How can I find my product key?...
  3. Lost product key before install

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Lost product key before install: I lost my new windows 11 product key before installing on a new computer. I purchased it on Amazon. I have the box with the box with the SKU etc on it. How can I find my product key?...
  4. Activation of Win11 Clean install with Win10 product key doesn't work

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Activation of Win11 Clean install with Win10 product key doesn't work: Hi, I'm located in The Netherlands and running licensed Win10 Home English.I have 2nd Hard drive on which I want to do a clean install of Win11. Just to get used to Win11 and migrate slowly, app by app, to Win11.My PC meets all the requirements for Win11 and I had no hardware...
  5. Activation of Win11 Clean install with Win10 product key doesn't work

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Activation of Win11 Clean install with Win10 product key doesn't work: Hi, I'm located in The Netherlands and running licensed Win10 Home English.I have 2nd Hard drive on which I want to do a clean install of Win11. Just to get used to Win11 and migrate slowly, app by app, to Win11.My PC meets all the requirements for Win11 and I had no hardware...
  6. WIN10 product key

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    WIN10 product key: My hard drive died and I do not know my WIN10 product key to reinstall. I am not able to get through to MS to find out what to do. HELP before the temp install expires https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/win10-product-key/132432a3-fc0a-4721-b5f9-0940542862c7
  7. How to get Activation Key on PreInstalled Win10 Laptop

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    How to get Activation Key on PreInstalled Win10 Laptop: I have a Lenevo , YOGA710 15IKB series laptop with preinstalled Win10 Home. I want to re-install the Win 10. I have following queries: 1. I don't have Activation Key( probably it already activated when I received the Laptop), so I need that. Where do I get it 2. Need an...
  8. Win10 Pro Product Key

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Win10 Pro Product Key: I upgraded from Win7 Pro to Win10 Pro a few years ago. I am now receiving a message in Settings saying that my product key is for Win 10 Home. This is not correct. It is, and always had been, a valid and activated installation of Win10 Pro. Why is this happening?...
  9. Clean win10 install with completely formatted SSD

Clean win10 install with completely formatted SSD: Hi to all I have my Acer laptop around 2 months , and now i want to fresh install win 10 What I've done ,I created USB image via Rufus with Win10 home (which I had on my new laptop preinstalled) I writed down my licence key. Ive booted and cleaned SSD completely with new...
  10. Product Key on Clean Install

Product Key on Clean Install: After I did the free upgrade to Windows 10 Pro, I did a clean install. Seems like everything is fine, except I had to enter the Product Key to finish the installation. The clean install is activated. I understood from what I have been reading here that once I did the free...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how can i get my win10 key before format disk