Windows 10: Retreiving purchased Windows license

Discus and support Retreiving purchased Windows license in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hi, in April 2020 i purchased a new Lenovo thinkcentre which came with Windows 10 pro. However, I wanted to try Linux Ubuntu, and unfortunately I made... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by aengh, Jul 6, 2020.

1. aengh Win User

Retreiving purchased Windows license

Hi, in April 2020 i purchased a new Lenovo thinkcentre which came with Windows 10 pro.

However, I wanted to try Linux Ubuntu, and unfortunately I made the mistake of formatting the system before activating my windows 10 pro with Microsoft.

Now I really like to get Windows re-installed, but I believe my license code is no longer on my computer. Is it possible to retrieve my license?

:)

aengh, Jul 6, 2020
  2. cbidlake Win User

Nokia 6210 Navigation - license purchase

Hi,

You can check wether the license has been purchased correctly by Opening the Maps application and going to Options > Extras > My License.

Your license should be listed here. If it is not, i suggest Updating (can be done from the Options menu within My Licenses).

You will need to allow the device to go online to check the license server, but it should then acnowledge your purchase.

If you still have problems, please send me a private message with your IMEI (*#06#) and i will investigate further.

Cheers

Chris

cbidlake, Jul 6, 2020
  3. Conor1974 Win User
    License Transfer question

So I found this on the MS website.

Add Windows 8.1 Pro Pack or Windows 8.1 Media Center Pack to your edition of Windows 8.1

• Swipe in from the right edge of the screen, and then tap Search.
      (If you're using a mouse, point to the upper-right corner of the screen, and then click Search.)
    • Enter add features in the search box, and then tap or click Settings.
    • Tap or click Add features to Windows 8.1 and then do one of the following:
      • If you need to purchase a product key, tap or click I want to buy a product key online.
        Follow the steps to purchase and enter a product key.
      • If you already have a product key, tap or click I already have a product key.
    • Enter your product key and click Next.
    • Read the license terms, select the check box to accept the license terms, and then click Add features.

Would this be the way to do it? And would it matter that this would be the US version and not UK?

Thanks
      Conor

Conor1974, Jul 6, 2020
  4. bobkn Win User

Where to purchase a Windows 10 license for a custom built PC?

Maybe they didn't have it when you looked earlier, but the Microsoft Store now lists a downloadable Win 10 Pro for purchase:

Windows 10 Pro: Upgrade or Purchase - Microsoft Store

This is for the USA. It may be available from your country. (Or not.)

bobkn, Jul 6, 2020
Thema:

1. Retreiving purchased Windows license - Similar Threads - Retreiving purchased license

2. Office 2021 license purchase

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Office 2021 license purchase: Where is the link to review Office package options? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/office-2021-license-purchase/93c48eeb-3a32-48f3-9aac-cbd86ff34bd6
  3. Office 2021 license purchase

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Office 2021 license purchase: Where is the link to review Office package options? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/office-2021-license-purchase/93c48eeb-3a32-48f3-9aac-cbd86ff34bd6
  4. Office 2021 license purchase

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
  5. Bulk purchase of Windows 10 OEM License

Bulk purchase of Windows 10 OEM License: I called Microsoft twice trying to find out what department deals with the sale of Windows 10 OEM Licenses and got in touch with the live chat team and got transferred twice and still have had no luck. Basically I'm looking to get a price and MOQ for Windows 10 OEM Licenses...
  6. purchasing windows 10 license

purchasing windows 10 license: When purchasing Windows 10 license. What is the difference between the USB and download options? I thought it was just an activation code that I am purchasing. Is this regarding how I am going to install? i.e. via rebootable USB etc?...
  7. how to retreive recovery partition

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    how to retreive recovery partition: This is my grandson's Dell Inspiron N5040 2BYDLR1 laptop and somehow the recovery partition has disappeared. Can you tell me how to retrieve the recovery partition on this old laptop he plays some games on? This originally a Win 7 and upgraded to Win 10. Please help if...
  8. Purchasing Windows 10 Retail License

Purchasing Windows 10 Retail License: Hi I need to know is their any provision windows is selling a retail key of Windows 10 for lifetime validity I had found a guy on e-commerce site selling the Genuine Windows 10 Key at Rs. 299 Is this Genuine Or Someone is taking Advantage of Microsoft Name in India ....
  9. How to purchase a Windows 10 license.

How to purchase a Windows 10 license.: From a questionable retailer I got an upgrade from Windows 8 to Windows 10 on my second-hand Dell Vostro 1520 laptop. Nine months later I'm suddenly seeing "Activate Windows" messages onscreen. Also, the following showed up on one of my Microsoft account pages:...
  10. Windows 10 Desktop Theme Photo Retreival

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 Desktop Theme Photo Retreival: My daughter took a photo with my laptop's camera and used it for the desktop screen theme (not lock screen). I can see the photo but I can't find it anywhere on the c: drive, not even in the camera roll file. How can I save this photo in as a photo that I can work with? 127015