Windows 10: Retrieve account password using security questions

Discus and support Retrieve account password using security questions in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Is it possible to get the password of another Windows User account, using security questions? I know I can change the password of another account using... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/-ZOSK-, Mar 18, 2020.

1. /u/-ZOSK- Win User

Retrieve account password using security questions

Is it possible to get the password of another Windows User account, using security questions? I know I can change the password of another account using the security questions, but I don't want to change the password, i just want to see and read it.

submitted by /u/-ZOSK-
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/-ZOSK-, Mar 18, 2020
  2. P4-630 Win User

How to reset Windwos 8 Password?

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/what-do-forget-windows-password#1TC=windows-8

• If you've forgotten your Windows password, there are several ways to retrieve or reset it:
      • If your PC is on a domain, your system administrator must reset your password.
      • If you're using a Microsoft account, you can reset your password online. ...
      • If you're using a local account, use your password hint as a reminder.

P4-630, Mar 18, 2020
  3. Local account installation question

I'm fairly certain that Skip this step was available in 10.0.130 - the workaround in Step 20 (back button) is no longer required.

The currently known, as of 10.0.130, ways to create a Local account sign-in are
    • Skip this step at the MS account creation phase
    • No Internet connection during the install
    • static IP (post# 2 by Fragment) - New (to me anyway)

Slartybart, Mar 18, 2020
  4. Retrieve account password using security questions

Microsoft account - Are security questions removed after I enabled the 2-step verification?

Hello,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

We understand your concern in this regard.

Generally, a security question is helpful to recover your Microsoft account password, when you lose access to it. Enabling Two-step verification won't effect your security question, instead it is an advanced security feature that makes it harder for someone
    to break in to your account with just a stolen password. To replace your security info

• Go to
      Security settings
      , and sign in with your Microsoft account.

• If you’re asked to enter a security code to continue, and you can’t get that code, choose
      I don't have any of these or I can't verify my account from the drop-down list, then follow the instructions to reset your security info.

• On the Security settings page, your security info is under Security info helps keep your account secure. Choose
      Remove for any you want to remove. You may be prompted to add new security info before you can remove the old info.

If you remove all of your security info, there’s a 30-day wait during which we help protect sensitive parts of your account so nobody can change your security settings or use your payment options. During this period you can still use your email, Skype,
    OneDrive, and devices as usual. After the 30 days, you’ll be notified that the wait is over and it’s time to enter new security info.

Learn more

Keep us posted if you require further assistance.

Yashwanth Kotakuri, Mar 18, 2020
Thema:

Retrieve account password using security questions

1. Retrieve account password using security questions - Similar Threads - Retrieve account password

2. Is there a way to retrieve a PREVIOUS MS account password?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Is there a way to retrieve a PREVIOUS MS account password?: I'm coping with an older BitLocked Win 10, Lenovo Thinkpad. I have the recovery key, and all was going well until I got to the step asking for the MS account password. The password was changed a while ago while this computer was locked. So this computer is looking for the...
  3. Is there a way to retrieve a PREVIOUS MS account password?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is there a way to retrieve a PREVIOUS MS account password?: I'm coping with an older BitLocked Win 10, Lenovo Thinkpad. I have the recovery key, and all was going well until I got to the step asking for the MS account password. The password was changed a while ago while this computer was locked. So this computer is looking for the...
  4. Is there a way to retrieve a PREVIOUS MS account password?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Account security / passwords

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Account security / passwords: So, Why did you lock my account without a warning? I was attempting to fix my password issue - and your step by step offered to take me through the process - Only thing I didn't realize is I was chasing a well disguised white rabbit. I am angry! I am handicapped - you have...
  6. FORGOTTEN SECURITY QUESTIONS AND PASSWORD

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    FORGOTTEN SECURITY QUESTIONS AND PASSWORD: Last night I lost access to my laptop via my fingerprint scanner. No idea what happened. I have a Lenovo C740 Yoga laptop The only way I can now logon to my laptop is via a Password or PIN number. I do not know either of these. To reset my Password, I can answer 3...
  7. No password, no answers to the security questions

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    No password, no answers to the security questions: I have a stand-alone pc no internet access I am trying to give away. Booting brings up the windows 10 pretty picture. Press any key asks for a password under the user name Name. When my wife was using this computer, there was no such user. We tried dozens of passwords. We...
  8. Window Administrator Account Password & Security Question forgotten.

Window Administrator Account Password & Security Question forgotten.: i was using picture password for a long time ,then a child try wrong attempts now picture password is disappear and Window Administrator Account Password & Security Question forgotten....
  9. Account Security Questions Microsoft

Account Security Questions Microsoft: I woke up this morning with a notice stating that somebody at 4:30 in the morning accessed my account by using my security questions. I've gone through and changed my password and security contact information and added an authenticatin app as well as remove all trusted...
  10. Passwords/account security

Passwords/account security: When I go into my account to look at previous passwords, I'm being asked to sign in. Not a problem other than I can't get in. I've reset my password many times and I have multiple accounts PIN and another email to use as a "back up". However I still can't get access to...