Windows 10: Retrieve activation key

Discus and support Retrieve activation key in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I have a dell inspiron which I bought in 2014 with Windows 8 already installed. Since then, I never had any problems with my laptop until the last few... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Gabriel Simoes, Apr 13, 2020.

1. Retrieve activation key

I have a dell inspiron which I bought in 2014 with Windows 8 already installed. Since then, I never had any problems with my laptop until the last few weeks. Long story short: I need to reinstall my Windows 10 from scratch, but I can't find the activation key. I'm from Brazil but I am currently living in UK, so I have no idea where to find my certificate with the activation key for my Windows license. Is there any other way I can recover it? Is it possible for Microsoft to track it for me?

Thank you so much in advance,

:)

Gabriel Simoes, Apr 13, 2020

2. Retrieval of Windows activation key

When you upgraded from a previous version of Windows or receive a new computer preinstalled with Windows 10, what happened is the hardware (your PC) will get a digital entitlement, where a unique signature of the computer will be stored on Microsoft
    Activation Servers. The Windows 7 or Windows 8 genuine license you were previously running will be exchanged for a diagnostics key.

Anytime you need to reinstall Windows 10 on that machine, just proceed to reinstall Windows 10. It will automatically reactivate.
    You will prompted to enter a product key a couple times through the installation, click I don't have a key and Do this later.

There is no need to know or get a new key, but if you have issues with Digital Licensing or the Activation Troubleshooter, you can utilize an existing Windows 7 or Windows 8/8.1 product key
    you already ownto reactivate if necessary. or use the reset function in Windows 10.

Step 1: How
    to download official Windows 10 ISO files

Step 2:

Andre Da Costa, Apr 13, 2020
  3. JimWynne Win User
    LOCATE ACTIVATION KEY

The key discovered by keyfinder apps such as the one DaveM121 suggested might not be helpful. Why are you interested in retrieving the product key?

JimWynne, Apr 13, 2020
  4. Retrieve activation key

Tablet upgrade, retrieve 8.1 key

Do you mean you had retrieved the Win8.1 key, which could not be used to activate Win8.1?

Matthew Wai, Apr 13, 2020
Thema:

Retrieve activation key

1. Retrieve activation key - Similar Threads - Retrieve activation key

2. Retrieve Product Key

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Retrieve Product Key: Can anyone advise me how to retrieve my WIN Pro Plus 2010 Product Key located in my PC order that I can "Activate" my Win Pro Plus 2010? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/retrieve-product-key/41a604ee-f6f0-4e52-97ea-35026f7d9d7a
  3. Windows Key Retrieval

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Key Retrieval: Hi friends,Recently I had to reinstall windows due to lost password, but the service person seems to have installed windows with a different windows key.I could not activate windows because of this.I'm trying to retrieve my original product key.Pls help....
  4. Retrieve Activated Windows 10 Pro key?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Retrieve Activated Windows 10 Pro key?: In Windows 10 Pro, Activation shows the following:Activation Edition Windows 10 Pro Activation Windows is activated with digital license The laptop originally came with Windows 10 Home. I retrieved the UEFI/BIOS product key using this command:wmic path...
  5. Retrieve Product Key

Retrieve Product Key: Hi, I have reset my computer and can´t remember the product key for my MS Office - student. I made the purchase online. Have gone through my email but still can´t find it. How can I retrieve it?...
  6. Key Retrieval

in Windows 10 Customization
    Key Retrieval: Morning all, I'm trying to move all my software to another laptop, but I can't get the key back. I am trying to gain access to my Microsoft account, but I can't. Where will I find a licence for my office? Thanks in advance...
  7. Retrieve recovery key

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Retrieve recovery key: My DELL work Laptop was repaired under warranty to fix blackout. Now he says we should have a Recovery Key. No one in the office knows it or how to retrieve it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/retrieve-recovery-key/925f79fc-3001-4ac4-9eb4-3e7f08b7b6c2
  8. Retrieve a key

Retrieve a key: Hi , i want to retrieve a key for my colleague , key ID : F42AE48F Drive Label : MD1W0PXC SYSTEM 2019/02/06 . Thanks. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/retrieve-a-key/6db87c6c-3fe6-462f-9dd2-a391f261d376
  9. Windows Activation Key Retrieval after Formatting disk

Windows Activation Key Retrieval after Formatting disk: Hie. I have formatted the hard drive of my Dell Laptop and now I am required re enter the Windows 10 Product key. I am not aware of how to retrieve the key after formatting the drive. Is there a way I can get my original windows 10 Key again and activate my windows back?...
  10. Retrieving original activation key for windows

Retrieving original activation key for windows: Hello! I bought a demo-pc in 2014 that came with win8, but i was unable to log in as i did not have the password, so i flashed windows 10 insider build. But i am tired of all the bugs, so i want to get the regular windows 10 build now. Does anyone know how i can do...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. How to Retrieve Windows Activation Key