Windows 10: Retrieve device after hitting "Remove Device"

Discus and support Retrieve device after hitting "Remove Device" in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I recently put my camera memory card into my computer to download photos. I couldn't open them and need to leave so hit "remove device" figuring that... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Kay1237, Jan 17, 2016.

1. Kay1237 Win User

Retrieve device after hitting "Remove Device"

I recently put my camera memory card into my computer to download photos. I couldn't open them and need to leave so hit "remove device" figuring that I'd go back later when I had more time to get them. When I went back and reinserted the card it didn't show up. I've tried to "add a device" but it still doesn't work. When I hit the device and printers icon it doesn't show up.

What do I do?

:)

Kay1237, Jan 17, 2016

2. Wrong "remove from list" document on word mobile.

Accidentally hit wrong "remove from list" document on Word Mobile. Can I retrieve it?

KenRodgersZN, Jan 17, 2016
  3. Update firmware "Unable to retrieve device information"

A few ideas:

Did you try the troubleshooting steps on page 2 of NSU (remove the battery, reinstall NSU, etc.)?

Can you connect to PC Suite or Ovi Suite normally? (These may check for the same "device information").

Does the error change if you first long-press the red "hang up" button (to disconnect network activity) or remove the memory card?

thetao---01, Jan 17, 2016
  4. WHS
    whs Win User

Reboot the system and try again.

5. Kay1237 Win User
    Hi. I've done that a few times and reinserted the card a few times and still it doesn't pop up.

Kay1237, Jan 17, 2016
  6. bro67 Win User
    Try accessing the card from the camera. There are utilities out there to retrieve from a corrupted memory card. Memory cards like USB sticks, do not last forever. Once the card starts to get corrupted, you have to resort to using the tools to get what you can from the card. Majorgeeks.com has the tools available on their website.

bro67, Jan 17, 2016
  7. Kay1237 Win User
    Thanks. I'll try that.

Kay1237, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Retrieve device after hitting "Remove Device" - Similar Threads - Retrieve device hitting

2. Retrieve Password for Device

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Retrieve Password for Device: How do I retrieve my password on my netbook for Windows 7? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/retrieve-password-for-device/d9deecc9-d044-44a8-915e-13973c335134
  3. Retrieve Password for Device

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Retrieve Password for Device: How do I retrieve my password on my netbook for Windows 7? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/retrieve-password-for-device/d9deecc9-d044-44a8-915e-13973c335134
  4. remove a device

in Windows 10 Gaming
    remove a device: Why get "removal failed" when I try to remove a device from my laptop https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/remove-a-device/edeeddcd-382c-4844-8073-a88f213158e7
  5. PCI Device as Removable Device

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    PCI Device as Removable Device: Hi,I have question about my Crucial P5 m.2 nvme SSD. This port should be internal m.2 slot in my motherboard. But why it will show "Safely Remove Hardware and Eject Media" option here, I dun expect this. I though it is same as my C: and D: treat as internal storage disks....
  6. device removal

in Windows 10 Customization
    device removal: how do i delete a device i no longer use https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/device-removal/e6d29b1c-76a0-40bc-a80f-5a3c2378e5e3
  7. Retrieving a removed bluetooth device

Retrieving a removed bluetooth device: I accidentally removed my bluetooth speakers from the device list and I can't connect to the speakers anymore, how can I fix this?? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/retrieving-a-removed-bluetooth-device/d28663e5-c994-41e4-b817-020c75087d10
  8. REMOVE A DEVICE

REMOVE A DEVICE: Hi, This is Praveen Natarajan, I need to delete my existing Microsoft account for some reasons, I have a windows 10 OS genuine device linked to it , can I remove my device and add it to the newly created microsoft account, will this affect my subscription and liscence of...
  9. Remove Device

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Remove Device: I need to permanently remove a device that is attached to my account. It is too PC of a former employer. I have removed it several times, but it keep showing up again. How do I do this?...
  10. Removing Device

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Removing Device: I have an old computer that was connected to my Microsoft account with Windows 10. I no longer have the device and removed it from my devices on Microsoft account. I have also changed my Microsoft password. Will the new user be able to log in to my account or Windows 10 if I...