Windows 10: Retrieve device after hitting "Remove Device"

Discus and support Retrieve device after hitting "Remove Device" in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I recently put my camera memory card into my computer to download photos. I couldn't open them and need to leave so hit "remove device" figuring that... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Kay1237, Jan 17, 2016.

1. Kay1237 Win User

Retrieve device after hitting "Remove Device"

I recently put my camera memory card into my computer to download photos. I couldn't open them and need to leave so hit "remove device" figuring that I'd go back later when I had more time to get them. When I went back and reinserted the card it didn't show up. I've tried to "add a device" but it still doesn't work. When I hit the device and printers icon it doesn't show up.

What do I do?

:)

Kay1237, Jan 17, 2016

2. Wrong "remove from list" document on word mobile.

Accidentally hit wrong "remove from list" document on Word Mobile. Can I retrieve it?

KenRodgersZN, Jan 17, 2016
  3. Update firmware "Unable to retrieve device information"

A few ideas:

Did you try the troubleshooting steps on page 2 of NSU (remove the battery, reinstall NSU, etc.)?

Can you connect to PC Suite or Ovi Suite normally? (These may check for the same "device information").

Does the error change if you first long-press the red "hang up" button (to disconnect network activity) or remove the memory card?

thetao---01, Jan 17, 2016
  4. WHS
    whs Win User

Reboot the system and try again.

5. Kay1237 Win User
    Hi. I've done that a few times and reinserted the card a few times and still it doesn't pop up.

Kay1237, Jan 17, 2016
  6. bro67 Win User
    Try accessing the card from the camera. There are utilities out there to retrieve from a corrupted memory card. Memory cards like USB sticks, do not last forever. Once the card starts to get corrupted, you have to resort to using the tools to get what you can from the card. Majorgeeks.com has the tools available on their website.

bro67, Jan 17, 2016
  7. Kay1237 Win User
    Thanks. I'll try that.

Kay1237, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Retrieve device after hitting "Remove Device" - Similar Threads - Retrieve device hitting

2. Removing Device

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Removing Device: if I have 4 devices in my account and removed/deleted one of them, will I still be able to access the removed device? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/removing-device/1eec99df-faf6-42e3-9349-2f80bbbb241e"
  3. Removing Device

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Removing Device: I have an old computer that was connected to my Microsoft account with Windows 10. I no longer have the device and removed it from my devices on Microsoft account. I have also changed my Microsoft password. Will the new user be able to log in to my account or Windows 10 if I...
  4. Remove and retrieve a Printer

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Remove and retrieve a Printer: I recently removed a printer by mistake from Control Panel - Devices and Printers on windows 10 - can anyone tell me how to get it back. bc https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/remove-and-retrieve-a-printer/8b264abe-e084-40ea-8817-b589189d55aa
  5. remove bluetooth devices

remove bluetooth devices: I have unacceptable lag in Bluetooth keyboard and mouse response. I also have built a considerable and duplicative list of Bluetooth devices in Windows 10 Settings list. Will deleting the duplicate devices aid keyboard and mouse response? Is there an easy way to control...
  6. Restore Removed Device??

Restore Removed Device??: I have this hard drive I plug into my windows 10 to use as portable storage but it automatically opens when plugged in and it lags my pc terribly so I wanted to try and stop it so I tried removing the device to see if it'd go back to asking what to do with the device instead...
  7. safely remove device

safely remove device: Hi I want to safely remove USB device. The icon is on the task bar but turned off in settings, how do I turn it on ? Thanks John https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/safely-remove-device/995c6a92-c905-4d08-8d14-55e494f1810b
  8. Logging removable devices

Logging removable devices: I upgraded Windows from 1507 to 1803 version and currently I have a problem with logging removable devices – just CD and DVD work without any problems. I deployed security auditing and received a message that everything is set properly. Thank you for the help....
  9. Remove unspecified device

Remove unspecified device: How can I remove an unspecified device in printers and devices. The unspecified device was a result of a failed attempt to add a printer. It won't allow me to uninstall it, I did remove an error in the device manager but that didn't do anything. Right clicking has no effect....
  10. Remove Media Devices

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Remove Media Devices: Our desktop used to be our only PC. Everyone had an account and logged in to use it. We now all have our own notebooks. I removed all the accounts on the PC but the main admin. We have upgraded to Windows 10. I notice under windows explorer/network there are still old media...