Windows 10: Retrieve file path changes into a CSV

Discus and support Retrieve file path changes into a CSV in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hey everyone,I'm looking to do a large scale change in file structure but need a way to track changes in file paths.Ideally I'd need to be able to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by AIsaacs_29, May 18, 2022.

1. Retrieve file path changes into a CSV

Hey everyone,I'm looking to do a large scale change in file structure but need a way to track changes in file paths.Ideally I'd need to be able to produce a machine readable list with the 'before' and 'after' file path names that can be used as input to a python script.I've seen software that can monitor changes in file location but only gives the current file path.Does anyone have any ideas/know any programmes/scripts that might be able to produce this?Thanks!

:)

AIsaacs_29, May 18, 2022
  2. dalchina Win User

CSV files used to open in Excel....not now!

Hi, you say Excel is installed. Does it run normally?

You can't find Excel in (an unspecified) list of applications. I don't know which list that is for sure.

For example, in the list related to:
    - rt click a file. Open With
    - this list:

Retrieve file path changes into a CSV [​IMG]

- this list:

Retrieve file path changes into a CSV [​IMG]

- some other list...

If Excel does not appear in the above, I suggest you repair your office installation.

Maybe the above gives you some ideas. Otherwise please post a screenshot of where you think you should see it but don't. Thanks.

dalchina, May 18, 2022
  3. angryvoucher, May 18, 2022
  4. Retrieve file path changes into a CSV

What is path to contact image in CSV file?

I have HTC Tilt 2, Windows 6.5. I have contacts from prior phone in .csv file which opens in Excel on my PC. The only field that I do not know how to fill in correctly is "Picture". I use PIM Backup on my phone. I edit the .csv file in Excel on my PC.
    I copy it to my storage card on my phone. I rename it with a .csc extension, necessary to be recognized as a contact file with PIM Backup. I restore this file using PIM Backup and all edits that I make to other fields, name, first name, last name, mobile
    phone, address, etc, show up properly. Every combination of "path" data to the image, stored on either the phone or the storage card, fails. No photo appears tied to a contact.

I have tried "image.jpg", or ".\image.jpg", or ".\\image.jpg", or ".\My Device\image.jpg", or "//image.jpg", and several others. I would appreciate any suggestions that lead to the correct answer. Thank you to all.

RetiredSKP, May 18, 2022
Thema:

Retrieve file path changes into a CSV

1. Retrieve file path changes into a CSV - Similar Threads - Retrieve file path

2. "Invalid file path" and how to retrieve missing ms paint files

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    "Invalid file path" and how to retrieve missing ms paint files: Hello! Something wierd happened, so I already saved two ms paint files, saved them inside a new folder for safe keeping yada yada, but when i saved a new piece a third time, the folder disappeared along with the first and second ms paint files i created. It still existed when...
  3. "Invalid file path" and how to retrieve missing ms paint files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "Invalid file path" and how to retrieve missing ms paint files: Hello! Something wierd happened, so I already saved two ms paint files, saved them inside a new folder for safe keeping yada yada, but when i saved a new piece a third time, the folder disappeared along with the first and second ms paint files i created. It still existed when...
  4. Retrieve file path changes into a CSV

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Retrieve file path changes into a CSV: Hey everyone,I'm looking to do a large scale change in file structure but need a way to track changes in file paths.Ideally I'd need to be able to produce a machine readable list with the 'before' and 'after' file path names that can be used as input to a python script.I've...
  5. Retrieve file path changes into a CSV

Retrieve file path changes into a CSV: Hey everyone,I'm looking to do a large scale change in file structure but need a way to track changes in file paths.Ideally I'd need to be able to produce a machine readable list with the 'before' and 'after' file path names that can be used as input to a python script.I've...
  6. Retrieve file path changes into a CSV

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. Retrieve file path changes into a CSV

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  8. Retrieve file path changes into a CSV

9. Create csv file

Create csv file: How do I create a csv file from, my contacts? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/create-csv-file/5f2fe32c-02eb-4a33-8f07-ff325c25e4a1
  10. Changing default app for opening a csv file

Changing default app for opening a csv file: I cannot set excel as the default app to open csv files. I have gone through the process of trying to change the default in windows 10. The only options are notepad, wordpad or word. I have tried looking on microsoft 365 website for other apps and have failed to solve this...