Windows 10: retrieve image files accidentally got converted into .sgih format

Discus and support retrieve image files accidentally got converted into .sgih format in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; So 6 months back, since I saw some problems in my windows 10 computer I ran an offline windows defender scan. After successful completion of offline... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by rudrapratap singh, May 21, 2021.

1. retrieve image files accidentally got converted into .sgih format

So 6 months back, since I saw some problems in my windows 10 computer I ran an offline windows defender scan. After successful completion of offline scan , I noticed a change that all .jpg image files in few folders got converted to .jpg.sglh format attached images belowNow i tried to retrieve my images back by manually&

:)

rudrapratap singh, May 21, 2021

2. Why .ICO files blurry when you convert from an image?

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to follow the steps below on how to change a picture to.ico format and check if this helps. Follow the steps below to do the same:

• Select the image\picture you want to convert into .ico.
    • Now resize the image to 32x32 using Paint or Photo Gallery.
    • Save the file and just rename it to with an .ico extension and also select 24bit bitmap.
    Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Andria Maria Mendez, May 21, 2021
  3. W1zzard Win User
    Increase image file upload size cap

that's a good idea

W1zzard, May 21, 2021
  4. Aquinus Win User

retrieve image files accidentally got converted into .sgih format

Increase image file upload size cap

Okay, first off, people need to learn to calm down. That includes the OP and everyone replying. I would consider this a very legitimate concern he raises and I'll explain why and what I would suggest to fix it to address all the concerns brought up.

I see three sides to this.
    • OneMoar wants to upload bigger files. Generally speaking, most users are lazy so this is a valid concern from a usability standpoint. While I do believe there should be an upload limit, there should be a separate storage limit.
    • Concern with bandwidth: I suspect that uploading images is a relatively small amount of bandwidth and that serving up said images is much more costly. So that would put emphasis on getting not putting if bandwidth is a concern.
    • Storage, a very real concern because a lot of images adds up quickly which adds a need to efficiently store said images.
    So my suggestion (assuming W1zz wanted to do this out of kindness of his heart,) is this:
    • Increase upload limit to 10-20MB max.
    • Institute a storage limit of 2-5MB max.
    • Use PHP's GD library to convert uploaded images to JPEG or PNG.
      • PNGs tend to look nicer than JPEGs, but use more space. Probably preferable for smaller images or images requiring transparency.
      • JPEG tends to be very flexible when it comes to quality and the amount of compression. PHP's GD lib gives you control over this.
    So long as the image is uploaded in a format GD can read which includes most commonly used formats, it may not be unrealistic to re-store it in a different format. It's also not unrealistic to use GD to scale the image as well.

I've used GD before and it's relatively easy to use and is relatively quick with respect to performance. I would be willing to write up some examples with respect to how to do it if it were welcomed.

Side note: I see a watermark, GD might be getting used already so this might not be a stretch if the CPU cycles are there to spare.

Aquinus, May 21, 2021
Thema:

retrieve image files accidentally got converted into .sgih format

1. retrieve image files accidentally got converted into .sgih format - Similar Threads - retrieve image files

2. PDF files accidentally converted to Chrome HTML Documents

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    PDF files accidentally converted to Chrome HTML Documents: Somehow all the PDF files on my computer thousands of them have converted to Chrome HTML Documents.Is there a way to wholesale convert all of them back to PDF files?...
  3. PDF files accidentally converted to Chrome HTML Documents

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PDF files accidentally converted to Chrome HTML Documents: Somehow all the PDF files on my computer thousands of them have converted to Chrome HTML Documents.Is there a way to wholesale convert all of them back to PDF files?...
  4. Calibre converting formats

Calibre converting formats: I was forced to load Calibre to this pc (W10). My W7 pc went on a recovery program (waiting on a case fan).. I have used Calibre to convert books for years, but when I installed it today for the life of me, I can not remember how to convert epub to mobi. I need to do this for...
  5. Calibre converting formats

in Windows 10 Support
    Calibre converting formats: I was forced to load Calibre to this pc (W10). My W7 pc went on a recovery program (waiting on a case fan).. I have used Calibre to convert books for years, but when I installed it today for the life of me, I can not remember how to convert epub to mobi. I need to do this for...
  6. Image converter !

Image converter !: Hi, can someone explain what a "Image converter" actually does ? I have been taking photos using the best possible settings on my camera. I then download and use on PowerPoint presentations or send by email to friends etc. I have been using a Image converter out of the...
  7. Retrieve image files accidentally got converted into .sglh format

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Retrieve image files accidentally got converted into .sglh format: So 6 months back, since I saw some problems in my windows 10 computer I ran an offline windows defender scan. After successful completion of offline scan , I noticed a change that all .jpg image files in few folders got converted to .jpg.sglh format attached images belowNow...
  8. Basic Video File Format Converter Software

Basic Video File Format Converter Software: I am looking for software (paid for is ok) that does not need an annual subcription which is basic that will allow me to convert between popular video file format types. Such as AVI, MP4, MPEG, WMV, MOV Not looking for software that is elaborate and does more than this basic...
  9. Audio File Format Converter Program

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Audio File Format Converter Program: Any suggestion for audio converter software to convert wide range of audio files. Ok; if I have to pay for a program but not one which involves an ongoing subscription bill. So one off purchase for software and key that can convert apple m4a, m4p, m4b formats to mp3, wav file...
  10. convert a .txt file to avery lables format

convert a .txt file to avery lables format: Awful experience trying to print labels from excel. Converted file to txt and cannot find a way to print the simple names and addresses from my file...