Windows 10: retrieve PC

Discus and support retrieve PC in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; The update never finish and trying to turn off my computer but it is not turning off. I have a screen says getting things ready sitting for 2 hours... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by liamliamliam1, Aug 14, 2022.

1. retrieve PC

The update never finish and trying to turn off my computer but it is not turning off. I have a screen says getting things ready sitting for 2 hours now. I need to boot my PC since I have tons of work to do. Please help me.

:)

liamliamliam1, Aug 14, 2022

2. PC Build Steps

Ok just because I like steps i am going to create some steps. Please give me the stamp of approval/disapproval
    • Install system in case
      • Remember to connect SSD and optical to same SATA ports on motherboard
    • Turn on PC
    • setup HDD
    • run blend test in prime95 for 30-60 min
      • run realtemp at the same time
    • While in Prime95 test
      • if CPU goes above 70c in RealTemp, I have a leaky CPU
      • if my system locks up or blue screens, there is an instability in the system somewhere
      • if my system does not lock up or blue screen, my CPU is not damaged and I am in the clear!
    What do you guys think??

anandsap123, Aug 14, 2022
  3. Can you retrieve the wifi password on the PC.

Hi,

To assist you better, I would like to know when you say ‘’retrieve the wifi password on the PC’’ are you trying to find the Wi-Fi password on the Computer? Please elaborate.

For now, you can try the below steps to see the Wi-Fi password. Follow the below steps.

• Press Windows key + R, type ncpa.cpl and press
      Enter.

• Right click on the Wi-Fi and select Status
      from the drop down.

• Now click on Wireless Properties and click in the Security tab.

• Now check on the box Show characters to see the password and click on
      OK.
    Hope this helps. Let us know the result for further assistance.

Thanks.

Billion Debbarma, Aug 14, 2022
  4. retrieve PC

Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Aug 14, 2022
Thema:

retrieve PC

1. retrieve PC - Similar Threads - retrieve

2. My computer fell of and hard disk is crashed, can I still retrieve the Microsoft windows...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My computer fell of and hard disk is crashed, can I still retrieve the Microsoft windows...: Can anyone please help to retrieve window key from crashed harddisk. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-computer-fell-of-and-hard-disk-is-crashed-can-i/5c307659-3ef0-4aeb-bec5-aa27429e8f7f
  3. My computer fell of and hard disk is crashed, can I still retrieve the Microsoft windows...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My computer fell of and hard disk is crashed, can I still retrieve the Microsoft windows...: Can anyone please help to retrieve window key from crashed harddisk. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-computer-fell-of-and-hard-disk-is-crashed-can-i/5c307659-3ef0-4aeb-bec5-aa27429e8f7f
  4. How to retrieve forgotten windows 11 password?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to retrieve forgotten windows 11 password?: Hi there, I have HP laptop which installed windows 11 automatically and now asking for password and forget it. I tried all passwords but all in vain. Pleas help me out...
  5. How to retrieve forgotten windows 11 password?

How to retrieve forgotten windows 11 password?: Hi there, I have HP laptop which installed windows 11 automatically and now asking for password and forget it. I tried all passwords but all in vain. Pleas help me out...
  6. I cannot change log in to facebook. How do I retrieve my password?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I cannot change log in to facebook. How do I retrieve my password?: I cannot log in to facebook. When I try to change my password, the code that is sent is rejected. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cannot-change-log-in-to-facebook-how-do-i/64485b64-6af7-4bb9-8f64-188f33862dd5
  7. I cannot change log in to facebook. How do I retrieve my password?

I cannot change log in to facebook. How do I retrieve my password?: I cannot log in to facebook. When I try to change my password, the code that is sent is rejected. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cannot-change-log-in-to-facebook-how-do-i/64485b64-6af7-4bb9-8f64-188f33862dd5
  8. Is there a way to retrieve what Unauthorised changes blocked?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is there a way to retrieve what Unauthorised changes blocked?: I was playing a game, taking screenshots only to learn none of them was saved to my computer because Unauthorised changes blocked Controlled Folder Access blocked. Windows Defender Security Centre - Virus & Threat Protection was toggled on without me knowing as I recently...
  9. Is there a way to retrieve what Unauthorised changes blocked?

Is there a way to retrieve what Unauthorised changes blocked?: I was playing a game, taking screenshots only to learn none of them was saved to my computer because Unauthorised changes blocked Controlled Folder Access blocked. Windows Defender Security Centre - Virus & Threat Protection was toggled on without me knowing as I recently...
  10. Is there a way to retrieve what Unauthorised changes blocked?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security