Windows 10: Retrieve Window License key for Windows 10 provided by laptop manufacturer

Discus and support Retrieve Window License key for Windows 10 provided by laptop manufacturer in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hi, I need to know how could I get the windows license key for windows 10 preinstalled with my HP laptop. Can I use that if I have to reinstall... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by AmitKhardenavis, Oct 24, 2020.

1. Retrieve Window License key for Windows 10 provided by laptop manufacturer

Hi,

I need to know how could I get the windows license key for windows 10 preinstalled with my HP laptop. Can I use that if I have to reinstall Windows 10 from scratch on same laptop?

:)

AmitKhardenavis, Oct 24, 2020

2. Installing Windows 10 using Windows 7 key

Nope, you need to install Windows 10 first and make sure the Windows 7 key is transferred to your Windows account after you've installed Windows 10 (not quite sure how that works). I missed the last step and I could not activate Windows 10 after a re-install... Microsoft seem to have done everything they can to make it a PITA. Also, it's technically too late to do this now anyhow, as the upgrade offer has expired. But KMSPico works quite well...

As for getting rid of Windows, delete the Windows folder.

TheLostSwede, Oct 24, 2020
  3. P4-630 Win User
    DOWNLOAD WINDOWS 10 NOW - Upgrade and ISO direct from microsoft

Click to expand... Yeah I went to that site, why do I need to buy a key?
    I won't buy a key, stupid.

I'll revert back to windows 7 then.

When I still was on windows 7, about a year ago I added 4GB extra ram which is a total of 8GB now,
    is that causing the problem?

P4-630, Oct 24, 2020
  4. Retrieve Window License key for Windows 10 provided by laptop manufacturer

windows 10 key

Thanks but I don't want to do any decrypting. I want to download a Win 10 ISO from Microsoft and install it using my Win 8 key. No other steps required. Is that possible?

Easy Rhino, Oct 24, 2020
Thema:

Retrieve Window License key for Windows 10 provided by laptop manufacturer

1. Retrieve Window License key for Windows 10 provided by laptop manufacturer - Similar Threads - Retrieve Window License

2. Windows Key Retrieval

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Key Retrieval: Hi friends,Recently I had to reinstall windows due to lost password, but the service person seems to have installed windows with a different windows key.I could not activate windows because of this.I'm trying to retrieve my original product key.Pls help....
  3. Windows Key Retrieval

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Key Retrieval: Hi friends,Recently I had to reinstall windows due to lost password, but the service person seems to have installed windows with a different windows key.I could not activate windows because of this.I'm trying to retrieve my original product key.Pls help....
  4. Windows 10 Pro provided by manufacturer - Wont activate after install

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 Pro provided by manufacturer - Wont activate after install: Hello, I purchased a new laptop with windows 10 pro from the manufacturer. Windows failed to properly apply a firmware upadate to the BIOS prompting me to reinstall windows due to an endless bootloop. I used the windows 10 media creation tool to make a USB installer....
  5. how to regain the MSI manufacturer license key

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    how to regain the MSI manufacturer license key: Hey Guys, do you guys know how to get back windows 10 original MSI and windows manufacturer license from MSI, I have upgraded windows from windows 10 home single language to windows 10 pro, but I forgot to uninstall / backup my windows key home single language, can I get back...
  6. Windows 10 was not activated while license key was properly provided

Windows 10 was not activated while license key was properly provided: We found that many of our Windows 10 instances showed 'Windows is not activated' despite correct license key was provided on the instances. Packages had also been captured between our instance to the license server. Could you help to check what might be the problem behind?...
  7. Retrieving a Windows 10 license using a Windows 8.1 key

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Retrieving a Windows 10 license using a Windows 8.1 key: Hello, I have had a bit of a hardware issue with my pc as my motherboard broke and I have decided to pretty much replace the PC instead of repairing it. I have obtained a Windows 10 license for said computer through upgrading from Windows 8.1. I know that the license should...
  8. How to retrieve Digital License Windows 10 product key

How to retrieve Digital License Windows 10 product key: I would like to format my windows but i don't have my product key with me... Please help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-retrieve-digital-license-windows-10-product/0d61e15d-e0b7-4a99-a22e-35629cf94d19"
  9. How to retrieve Windows 10 License.

How to retrieve Windows 10 License.: I am planning to change the hard disk of my laptop. I need to get the license key that came with the machine when I purchased it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-retrieve-windows-10-license/c44b7c96-dfd6-4bd5-8b5f-3da991405604"
  10. Retrieving key code for windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Retrieving key code for windows 10: Hi! Is there anyway I can find my key code for office? I need to replace a hard drive & will need to reistall this. Can you research it by my name, Or email or anything?! Thank you!...