Windows 10: Retrieve Windows 10 Key after full reset

Discus and support Retrieve Windows 10 Key after full reset in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; So I have this old Asus computer that was released with Windows 8.1 and then upgraded to Windows 10 for free. One of the updates didn't work and the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Angristan, Jan 6, 2020.

1. Retrieve Windows 10 Key after full reset

So I have this old Asus computer that was released with Windows 8.1 and then upgraded to Windows 10 for free. One of the updates didn't work and the computer wasn't booting anymore.

The owner did a reset from the boot menu (full reset, without keeping files), however now Windows asks for the license key and we only have the Windows 8.1 key since they didn't save the Windows 10 key beforehand.

Is there an easy way to retrieve the key? Maybe by installing 8.1 or 10 from scratch? Thanks.

submitted by /u/Angristan
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Angristan, Jan 6, 2020

2. windows 10 key

Thanks but I don't want to do any decrypting. I want to download a Win 10 ISO from Microsoft and install it using my Win 8 key. No other steps required. Is that possible?

Easy Rhino, Jan 6, 2020
  3. Installing Windows 10 using Windows 7 key

Nope, you need to install Windows 10 first and make sure the Windows 7 key is transferred to your Windows account after you've installed Windows 10 (not quite sure how that works). I missed the last step and I could not activate Windows 10 after a re-install... Microsoft seem to have done everything they can to make it a PITA. Also, it's technically too late to do this now anyhow, as the upgrade offer has expired. But KMSPico works quite well...

As for getting rid of Windows, delete the Windows folder.

TheLostSwede, Jan 6, 2020
  4. P4-630 Win User

Retrieve Windows 10 Key after full reset

How to reset Windwos 8 Password?

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/what-do-forget-windows-password#1TC=windows-8

• If you've forgotten your Windows password, there are several ways to retrieve or reset it:
      • If your PC is on a domain, your system administrator must reset your password.
      • If you're using a Microsoft account, you can reset your password online. ...
      • If you're using a local account, use your password hint as a reminder.

P4-630, Jan 6, 2020
Thema:

Retrieve Windows 10 Key after full reset

1. Retrieve Windows 10 Key after full reset - Similar Threads - Retrieve Key full

2. Drive full after reset

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Drive full after reset: Might be a very easy solution to this, but I have no idea how to fix this:I recently realised that I had installed a virus onto my PC so had to reset it, but I chose the option to keep my files. After the reset, I went about downloading the required apps etc again and as I am...
  3. Windows Key Retrieval

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Key Retrieval: Hi friends,Recently I had to reinstall windows due to lost password, but the service person seems to have installed windows with a different windows key.I could not activate windows because of this.I'm trying to retrieve my original product key.Pls help....
  4. Windows Key Retrieval

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Key Retrieval: Hi friends,Recently I had to reinstall windows due to lost password, but the service person seems to have installed windows with a different windows key.I could not activate windows because of this.I'm trying to retrieve my original product key.Pls help....
  5. Key Retrieval

in Windows 10 Customization
    Key Retrieval: Morning all, I'm trying to move all my software to another laptop, but I can't get the key back. I am trying to gain access to my Microsoft account, but I can't. Where will I find a licence for my office? Thanks in advance...
  6. Retrieve a key

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Retrieve a key: Hi , i want to retrieve a key for my colleague , key ID : F42AE48F Drive Label : MD1W0PXC SYSTEM 2019/02/06 . Thanks. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/retrieve-a-key/6db87c6c-3fe6-462f-9dd2-a391f261d376
  7. Problems after a Full Reset

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Problems after a Full Reset: Hey, I've currently reset my laptop multiple times more than I ought to and I'm still experiencing loading issues. Everything, from logging into my laptop to opening Microsoft Edge, can usually take up to 10-15 seconds to load. Sometimes longer. Resetting hasn't fixed the...
  8. Retrieve windows 10 product key after key deactivation

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Retrieve windows 10 product key after key deactivation: I built a new pc, so instead of buying a new license I decided to transfer the license from my old pc to the new one. I went into This PC->Properties and wrote down the code at the bottom of the page, then i looked up online how to deactivate the code and i found that you go...
  9. Retrieving key code for windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Retrieving key code for windows 10: Hi! Is there anyway I can find my key code for office? I need to replace a hard drive & will need to reistall this. Can you research it by my name, Or email or anything?! Thank you!...
  10. Windows 10 will not load after full reset

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 will not load after full reset: I have inherited a Lenovo H330 pc complete with HDMI monitor. It was apparently bought c. 2013 and at that point came with windows 7 home premium pre-installed: the processor shows as an i5 2320 3.0ghz and it now has 8gb ram fitted (4 originally) and a 500gb hd. At some...