Windows 10: Retrieve windows 10 product key after key deactivation

Discus and support Retrieve windows 10 product key after key deactivation in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I built a new pc, so instead of buying a new license I decided to transfer the license from my old pc to the new one. I went into This PC->Properties... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by A_Blender, Sep 26, 2019.

1. A_Blender Win User

Retrieve windows 10 product key after key deactivation

I built a new pc, so instead of buying a new license I decided to transfer the license from my old pc to the new one. I went into This PC->Properties and wrote down the code at the bottom of the page, then i looked up online how to deactivate the code and i found that you go into cmd (admin) and run "slmgr /upk" to deactivate the product key. I ran the command and went to the other pc, only to find out that the code needed is 25 characters long and the one I had was 20. I tried running "wmic path SoftwareLicensingService get OA3xOriginalProductKey" but it only spits out "OA3xOriginalProductKey". How can I find the product key?

:)

A_Blender, Sep 26, 2019
  2. cereberus Win User

Uninstall Product Key and Deactivate Windows 10  

Deactivating key does not deactivate Windows.

According to EULA, if you have an oem key, that cannot be transferred to new pc.

If key is retail, you either sell pc with windows and key, or you keep key and wipe windows.

cereberus, Sep 26, 2019
  3. Brink Win User

Deactivating Windows will not remove it from Microsoft's activation server.

It just simply deactivates Windows on the PC itself. This would only be helpful if say you're giving or selling the computer to someone, and don't want it to be activated with your retail product key.

You would only need to either uninstall or deactivate Windows on any other PC that you plan on using the same retail product key (license) on a new PC.

Brink, Sep 26, 2019
  4. Retrieve windows 10 product key after key deactivation

I have a HP with win 10 on it. I'd like to sell it. So to keep win 10 on it but deactivate the product key they would just have to what buy a product key?

Bsquaredboone, Sep 26, 2019
Thema:

Retrieve windows 10 product key after key deactivation

1. Retrieve windows 10 product key after key deactivation - Similar Threads - Retrieve product key

2. product key retrieval

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    product key retrieval: Tricky question : I have a surface pro3 purchased with original OEM version of Win10 home. Boxes thrown away years ago. It was upgraded by corporate IT to Win10 enterprise and in doing so they completely wiped the restore drive. I now wish to use this PC with Win10 home...
  3. Retrieve Windows 10 Product key installed on the PC

Retrieve Windows 10 Product key installed on the PC: I purchased the PC with preinstalled windows 5 years back. Therefore I do not have the product key. The hard disk is giving problems and it needs to be replaced. Please share my activation key so I do not face any problems reloading windows. [ATTACH]...
  4. How to retrieve Product KEY for Windows 10

How to retrieve Product KEY for Windows 10: How can i see my current product key the my Windows 10 ***Modified title from: Product KEY*** https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-retrieve-product-key-for-windows-10/8eadd50e-f97e-45da-8fdb-762bbe1276f4"
  5. Retrieving windows product key

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Retrieving windows product key: I tried to use command prompt to retrieve my product key so i typed wmic path softwarelicensingservice get OA3xOriginalProductKey but i only got OA3xOriginalProductKey without the product key showing. how do i get the product key...
  6. Product key deactivated when changing computer.

Product key deactivated when changing computer.: For christmas I got a new motherboard and a new CPU. Now windows says my copy of Windows 10 is not genuine. When I try to make it reactivate with the digital key on my account, it says the servers are down. (My laptop is on the same account and is genuine. (Just save the key...
  7. Product Key Deactivation

Product Key Deactivation: Hi all, I bought Windows 10 Home Edition when I built my PC a couple of years ago and I am now going to be selling it to build a new one. I will be keeping my SSD which Windows and other programs are currently installed on, putting in a new one and installing Windows on...
  8. How to retrieve windows 10 product key?

How to retrieve windows 10 product key?: I accidentally removed Windows 10 partition on my Macbook and lost the product key. Can I retrieve that product key and use it on the other PC? I found out that my Microsoft account recognizes it as an activated computer....
  9. How to retrieve windows 10 product key after windows partition was wiped?

How to retrieve windows 10 product key after windows partition was wiped?: Hello, I had a windows 10 partition on my macbook pro but that partition was removed. I want to use that windows key on a new machine. On my Microsoft account it still recognizes it as an activated computer. How can I get this license key from Microsoft? Thanks!...
  10. Uninstall Product Key and Deactivate Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Uninstall Product Key and Deactivate Windows 10: hello *Smile i planning change of my ssd. I have a windows 10 pro x64 Retail License. Should i uninstall my License before installing new SSD and a Clean installation of Win 10? thanks *Wink 35979