Windows 10: Retrieve windows 10 product key after key deactivation

Discus and support Retrieve windows 10 product key after key deactivation in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I built a new pc, so instead of buying a new license I decided to transfer the license from my old pc to the new one. I went into This PC->Properties... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by A_Blender, Sep 26, 2019.

1. A_Blender Win User

Retrieve windows 10 product key after key deactivation

I built a new pc, so instead of buying a new license I decided to transfer the license from my old pc to the new one. I went into This PC->Properties and wrote down the code at the bottom of the page, then i looked up online how to deactivate the code and i found that you go into cmd (admin) and run "slmgr /upk" to deactivate the product key. I ran the command and went to the other pc, only to find out that the code needed is 25 characters long and the one I had was 20. I tried running "wmic path SoftwareLicensingService get OA3xOriginalProductKey" but it only spits out "OA3xOriginalProductKey". How can I find the product key?

:)

A_Blender, Sep 26, 2019
  2. cereberus Win User

Uninstall Product Key and Deactivate Windows 10  

Deactivating key does not deactivate Windows.

According to EULA, if you have an oem key, that cannot be transferred to new pc.

If key is retail, you either sell pc with windows and key, or you keep key and wipe windows.

cereberus, Sep 26, 2019
  3. Brink Win User

Deactivating Windows will not remove it from Microsoft's activation server.

It just simply deactivates Windows on the PC itself. This would only be helpful if say you're giving or selling the computer to someone, and don't want it to be activated with your retail product key.

You would only need to either uninstall or deactivate Windows on any other PC that you plan on using the same retail product key (license) on a new PC.

Brink, Sep 26, 2019
  4. Retrieve windows 10 product key after key deactivation

I have a HP with win 10 on it. I'd like to sell it. So to keep win 10 on it but deactivate the product key they would just have to what buy a product key?

Bsquaredboone, Sep 26, 2019
Thema:

Retrieve windows 10 product key after key deactivation

1. Retrieve windows 10 product key after key deactivation - Similar Threads - Retrieve product key

2. product key retrieval

in Windows 10 Gaming
    product key retrieval: My son originally had an windows 8.1 that he upgraded to windows 10. Recently we changed out his motherboard, cpu and ram. I completely forgot about making sure it was linked to his microsoft account. So now we need to activate it and can't. He has the original product key...
  3. product key retrieval

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    product key retrieval: My son originally had an windows 8.1 that he upgraded to windows 10. Recently we changed out his motherboard, cpu and ram. I completely forgot about making sure it was linked to his microsoft account. So now we need to activate it and can't. He has the original product key...
  4. product key retrieval

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
  5. Product key not deactivating

Product key not deactivating: I want to transfer my Windows 11 Pro account to a new PC. I ran the commands to deactivate the product key and removed my existing pc from the account. However, it is not deactivated and the other PC can't find the product key.Here's a screenshot. The pc still says that it's...
  6. Retrieve Product Key

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Retrieve Product Key: Can anyone advise me how to retrieve my WIN Pro Plus 2010 Product Key located in my PC order that I can "Activate" my Win Pro Plus 2010? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/retrieve-product-key/41a604ee-f6f0-4e52-97ea-35026f7d9d7a
  7. Retrieve Product Key

Retrieve Product Key: Can anyone advise me how to retrieve my WIN Pro Plus 2010 Product Key located in my PC order that I can "Activate" my Win Pro Plus 2010? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/retrieve-product-key/41a604ee-f6f0-4e52-97ea-35026f7d9d7a
  8. Retrieve Product Key

9. Retrieve Product Key

Retrieve Product Key: Hi, I have reset my computer and can´t remember the product key for my MS Office - student. I made the purchase online. Have gone through my email but still can´t find it. How can I retrieve it?...
  10. product key retrieval

product key retrieval: Tricky question : I have a surface pro3 purchased with original OEM version of Win10 home. Boxes thrown away years ago. It was upgraded by corporate IT to Win10 enterprise and in doing so they completely wiped the restore drive. I now wish to use this PC with Win10 home...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. retrieve and deactivate Windows 10 key